Fastest Oil Transportation at a distance with pumps and pipes! 180.000 oil/min speed.

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

linktothepast83
Inserter
Inserter

Fastest Oil Transportation at a distance with pumps and pipes! 180.000 oil/min speed.

Post by linktothepast83 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKee6A_kU4
Hi i am Linktothepast83 and in this video i demonstrate the fastest method to move oil around great distances using pipes and pumps. The oil transfer speed unlike trains is continuous and at a rate of 3000 oil/sec or 180.000 per minute for a single pipeline and you can use multiple if you wish so. Here i filled 4 storage tanks with a combined capacity of 100.000 in about half a minute at a distance. With this method the greater the distance the bigger the advantage it gets in transfer speeds compared to other transportation means. Nevertheless it has the drawback of power draw for the pumps with that being bigger the bigger the distance is. You need to use a storage tank and multiple pumps with oil from your pump jacks as input to increase the pressure in the tank, then use a single output from the storage tank to distribute the pressurized oil. Always use pumps at the beginning, end and between every 2 pipes (underground pipes count as 2 as well and you should utilize them the most).

For a blueprint and additional info you can check this thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96616

Return to “Show your Creations”