I am a big fan of this smeltery I just built

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Peteza34
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

I am a big fan of this smeltery I just built

Post by Peteza34 »

I just whipped this thing up and I really like it. I set it up so I can expand it to the east probably as far as I want. The mini steel and belt factory above it will probably be relocated.

(The images got cut off a bit but you get the gist. There is a splitter after every 4 furnaces all the way down.)

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: I am a big fan of this smeltery I just built

Post by hoho »

So you essentially maximized the output throughput of the smeltery to be able to use four lanes? Seems nice but I bet you'd need to do the same with input belts to deliver enough ore to the furnaces :)

beny166
Inserter
Inserter

Post by beny166 »

It looks nice, but there isn't enough space for electric furnaces. Try leaving space between your current furnaces, so you can upgrade to the electric one later.

Proxie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Proxie »

beny166 wrote:It looks nice, but there isn't enough space for electric furnaces. Try leaving space between your current furnaces, so you can upgrade to the electric one later.
His smeltery is upgrade ready.. Just sayin'

Peteza34
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Peteza34 »

hoho wrote:So you essentially maximized the output throughput of the smeltery to be able to use four lanes? Seems nice but I bet you'd need to do the same with input belts to deliver enough ore to the furnaces :)
beny166 wrote:It looks nice, but there isn't enough space for electric furnaces. Try leaving space between your current furnaces, so you can upgrade to the electric one later.

True, and I made some modifications as I was going. I ended up plopping 2 of those things back to back with a triple ore belt to feed all of it. And I rebuilt it with some space for the electrics. I've never really used electric furnaces but they definitely have some advantages.

This bad boy can handle 32 furnaces in a row before you start to run into throughput issues. It made for a pretty serious blueprint for end-game shenanigans.

beny166
Inserter
Inserter

Post by beny166 »

:shock: That thing is huge. Can you post picture from your production screen?

Also looking at your minimap seems like it's producing tons of polution :) maybe consider adding efficiency modules or build more tanks :twisted:

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Pollution, whats that?

This is the "Health Fog" it promotes growth and evolution :twisted: :twisted:

Peteza34
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Peteza34 »

beny166 wrote::shock: That thing is huge. Can you post picture from your production screen?

Also looking at your minimap seems like it's producing tons of polution :) maybe consider adding efficiency modules or build more tanks :twisted:
Here you go:

This doesn't quite do it justice though (not that you can really read it). I had both iron and copper over 12k at one point. And I played this on peaceful because I wanted to test out some large builds and robot networks and stuff.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Peteza34 wrote:Here you go:
[...]
Man, that's one ugly resolution as well as quality for an image. I can't read anything of the production screen, just take wild guesses of what it might say. :roll:

Peteza34
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Peteza34 »

I mean it doesn't really matter anyways, it wasn't working as well as it should have. I found out that if I wanna build large robot powered things, I need to do separate logistic networks for everything.

Return to “Show your Creations”