My rail based mega factory after 1000 hours.

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

My rail based mega factory after 1000 hours.

Post by zytukin »

Started this factory with the release of 0.15 and kept building it since, updating it with the release of 0.16 and again with the release of 0.17. Heavily rail based with well over a thousand trains moving everything around between production areas. No logistics bot or construction bots (except for personal roboport), no circuit networks, and nothing but quality of life mods (long reach, blueprint flipper, auto research, Squeak Through, 1000 player inventory size), and RSO because I find the vanilla ore generation way too excessive and abundant.

The factory launched an average of 4.1 rockets per min over the last 3 hours but it fluctuates a lot as I stop production areas or trains (and forget to restart them), to redesign things. It is producing 1-3k of each science pack per min as well.

Currently it is barely maintaining 13UPS on my laptop with the train path finder taking most of the processing followed by entities so I am planning to stop the fac by cutting the power and redesign the main rail network using waypoint stations and manually setting train routes in the hopes of improving routing and thus UPS.

Imgur album (caution, high resolution photos): https://imgur.com/a/JfpCFfU

TxT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: My rail based mega factory after 1000 hours.

Post by TxT »

Daym that look crazy! I would suggest using bots to help with ups. But those belts definitely look really amazing.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My rail based mega factory after 1000 hours.

Post by adam_bise »

That's a lot of stackers lol

Return to “Show your Creations”