Messy but green! (big picture alert)

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Darkwhistle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Messy but green! (big picture alert)

Post by Darkwhistle »

This world was my first time with monster spawn size and frequency on maximum ratings, so most of the time I had to build things fast and not always nice and compact ^^
I have secured a pretty large piece now, and the whole map is on the same logistic network. I use only solar panels here at the moment, got annoyed with the coals lines.

There is almost no rebuilding in this map, I just kept adding stuff :D

My main production looks like this now:

Defending the walls:

And a part of the solar pannels + accumulators

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Messy but green! (big picture alert)

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

O wow. U kinda lucky with that bottleneck east.

On my last one I had absolutely no time for anything. 20 minutes into the game I was getting attacked by the size of 20 biters!
It left me with no time but to build quickly, and small. My assembly line is small.
I eventually got up 75 percent a wallsl surrounding me. But the time I need to invest in repairing everything was non-stop.
Some other pains but simply... too many attacks and 90 percent of my time was repairing walls and defending.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Darkwhistle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Messy but green! (big picture alert)

Post by Darkwhistle »

The bottleneck made it easier for sure but I already had a secure wall right above the southern solar panels/accumulators, I removed that one when I wanted more space and resources.
Yeah, the first few hours where really damn hard, biters everywhere, not enough ammunition and not strong enough ammunition, some parts where completely destroyed (my old iron mines) and had to rebuilt them again.
Till the point I finally could build laser towers and get some walls in automatic production it was really damn hard.

I kept hidden between the walls just producing and researching the MK2 power suit & researching the shotgun upgrades and combat shotgun ammunition + trying to leave my base to get just enough alien artifacts (this got me almost killed so many times and I wasted so much laser towers on this) to get this:

After I got those 2 meh, pretty immortal now, you just ignore all biters and destroy all there bases. Running and shooting and let the aliens get killed when you run back at your laser towers.

Return to “Show your Creations”