Simple module factory

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Simple module factory

Post by tralala »

This is a simple module factory. It produces enough pre-products to feed one assembler (tier 3) continuously which makes speed modules 3. It overproduces everything a bit except for procs which it underproduces slightly (30/min when you would need 31.25/min for full production). This can be fixed with one speed module easily.
It's simple in the sense that it does nothing else than to produce tier 3 modules in one assembler and does not use any modules in the assembler lines. It's entirely belt based (no logistic bots) and uses an optimal number of assemblies/furnaces (not quite optimal but close, given no modules inside assemblies or furnaces).

It consists of 66 copper furnaces, 18 iron furnaces, 15, cable assemblers, 8 circuit boards, 21 adv. circuits, 6 processing units, 3 plastics, one sulfur and one sulphuric acid plant and of course 4 tier 1 module assemblers, 2 tier 2 and 1 tier 3 module assembling machine. It's designed for speed module production as those have a recipe with an even number of module input (4 tier one modules for tier 2 production and four tier 2 modules for tier 3 modules).

The theoretical output should be 75 tier 3 speed modules per hour. I let it ran for some time and it achieves indeed that (1.2 modules per minute).

So here it is:
simple-module-factory.png
simple-module-factory.png (506.47 KiB) Viewed 11002 times
Last edited by tralala on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Simple module factory

Post by therapist »

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tralala »

This is the production overview for a 10 minute slice. It's fully stable as long as you keep the influx of ore and petroleum stable.
production-overview.png
production-overview.png (444.93 KiB) Viewed 10939 times
I'm trying to speed it up with speed modules but initial attempts are not overwhelming. I think I have to add furnaces to achieve a meaningful speedup.

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

One point three per minute... Don't make me retract my schwing. Boost this sucker to full speed!!!

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

This could be useful in speedruns.

xrw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xrw »

tralala wrote:This is the production overview for a 10 minute slice. It's fully stable as long as you keep the influx of ore and petroleum stable.
production-overview.png
I'm trying to speed it up with speed modules but initial attempts are not overwhelming. I think I have to add furnaces to achieve a meaningful speedup.
Try 3 productivity mods 1 speed mod all level 3. 30% increase to output, net 5% increase to speed.

With 4 productivity mods 3 wire assemblers to 2 circuit assemblers is excessive. 1 wire will almost keep up with 1 circuit.

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tralala »

xrw wrote:
tralala wrote:This is the production overview for a 10 minute slice. It's fully stable as long as you keep the influx of ore and petroleum stable.
production-overview.png
Try 3 productivity mods 1 speed mod all level 3. 30% increase to output, net 5% increase to speed.

With 4 productivity mods 3 wire assemblers to 2 circuit assemblers is excessive. 1 wire will almost keep up with 1 circuit.
That's what I'm currently working on. The ratio 3:1 for productivity to speed modules seems to be a sweet spot in terms of ressource consumption, speed and number of needed assemblers (not energy consumption though).
The optimal ratio of the assemblers differ with modules so I'm currently planning a new layout.

Return to “Show your Creations”