Basic Assembly Line

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Chreo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Basic Assembly Line

Post by Chreo »

Produces red science, green science, blue science, explosives, and robot frames, as well as a surplus of engines, electric engines, circuits, advanced circuits, processing units, and repair packs (automatically inserted into a roboport).

Arumba got me hooked on this game, been making assemblies for a day now. So much stuff to do, even if it's only an alpha at the moment.
The blue science packs aren't getting enough batteries, I built this when I didn't have access to blue tracks, a full red lane of metals empties out before the battery production is reached. Will have to redesign the whole thing again at some point.
There's another prototype assembly just to the north-east of this, exclusivly to build solar panels, that accounts for some of the raw resource consumption in the graph. I was amazed to see that those are produced just as fast as yellow tracks D: (and now I have 2k stockpiled)
In hindsight automating red science pack production seems so simple now.
Attachments
factorio1.jpg
factorio1.jpg (741.38 KiB) Viewed 4306 times

bosebuck375
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Basic Assembly Line

Post by bosebuck375 »

I really like Arumba's vids too. He does his best, keeping it real, but I noticed a few things about your factory that could be a bit better (if that is offensive in any way, I apologize in advance).

1. Those belts that come from the mines and into the furnaces; why didn't you use underground belts to go under your walls? you're leaving yourself exposed.
2. You don't have the most efficient science pack factories. Feel free to go through the "Show Your Creations" part of the forum, or go through some of my posts. I spent a lot of time trying to make my factories as efficient and compact as they could be with player maneuverability in mind. They may not be the best, but they're at least a start.
3. I see that you have a lot of items in logistic storage chests. The complication with this is that logistic and construction robots find passive provider chests as higher priority than storage chests when it comes to finding items, and thus the robots just blatantly ignore the storage chests. It takes a lot of work, but you have to build storage chest/passive provider chest pairs with an inserter moving items from the storage chest to the passive provider.

Anyway, good luck.

Return to “Show your Creations”