Challenge: compact plastic production (no bots)

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Challenge: compact plastic production (no bots)

Post by MeduSalem »

vanatteveldt wrote:For me the reduction in materials in the whole chain is the main reason for using modules, and if you have prod modules you simply need speed modules as well... Also, the beacons add an interesting design challenge because all of a sudden you have reason to be space efficient in your designs, and you can't just plunk down assemblers with two rows of belts on both sides anymore :)
Exactly... I'm also doing it to reduce resource consumption over the complete production chain, otherwise some throughput aspects might not be realistically do-able.

That said for certain complex items I really hate the belt mess because the devs refuse to implement certain quality of life items to make belts more competitive... and then all of a sudden I end up using Robots everywhere. Happens all the time. It's like the Dark Side of the Force...

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Challenge: compact plastic production (no bots)

Post by vanatteveldt »

:-)

In my current factory (as obvious from the 'train bus' thread) I try to do all production with belts, and all longer-distance transport with trains. I use bots only in the "store", i.e. the place I make all my belts, beacons, modules etc. That is just too much of a pain to do with belts, and it runs intermittently so you don't need that much throughput anyway.

Return to “Show your Creations”