End-game Integrated Green+Red build

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

End-game Integrated Green+Red build

Post by vanatteveldt »

Similar to my green and green+red+blue build, I wanted a rack of 4xprod3 enhanced red assemblers from raw resources.

With 140% productivity, each green circuit plant and each cable can supply 8*1.4=11.2 red plants. So, the ratio I use is 2 cable + 1 green + 11 red.
By combining plastic+green and a cumbersome routing of the output belt I can squeeze everything between two columns of beacons:

This produces 603 red/minute, with theoretical maxium 11*5.5*1.4*60/8=635, so it doesn't quite live up to expectations. It's also a shame that there's a gap between the green and the second cable plant which adds the need for the extra beacons to supply the first cable plant. So, some optimization is possible :).

It consumes half a belt of copper, a quarter belt of iron, and 1/3 belt of plastic, but there is no obvious room to pass it through so that is of limited value. I've tried working with a combined iron+copper belt to save space, but I can't find a way that removes the gap without starving either the cable or circuit plant.
blueprint
[See also red+green+blue (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37858) and green (viewtopic.php?f=202&t=33355#p210326) racks]

Trepidati0n
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: End-game Integrated Green+Red build

Post by Trepidati0n »

Really nice...thanks!

You can also put another one next to it thus sharing beacons! You need about 6 of these for 1RPM so the beacon sharing would become pretty nice. Your power wiring also allows for switches to be able to shut off "banks" of them when idle. :)

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: End-game Integrated Green+Red build

Post by vanatteveldt »

Thanks!

Yes, the whole idea of this design is to put them side by side. For example, this setup is my current red circuit production, which is a bit of overkill for the 3.6k red/minute needed for 1 rocket per minute. Total ratio of assemblers per beacon is 160:112 (=1.4) which is not extremely good, mostly because the bottom cable plant is space inefficiently (but I didn't see how else to get >30 cables/s to the green plant...
moar

Return to “Show your Creations”