Good-sized map SAVE GAME (1GW, 11k lasers, 750k iron, etc)

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Arizona
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Good-sized map SAVE GAME (1GW, 11k lasers, 750k iron, etc)

Post by Arizona »

Hi all,

Here is my map. I was at it for a while now. I figured out a few things, mostly on my own:
- I built a big island that houses my power generation, and that's much easier to protect;
- I have 23k transport drones but they are easily overwhelmed if you forget receiver chests with 5-20k settings;
- I have 5k construction drones that are actually also overwhelmed because I'd think that many can pretty much build a copy of this base with enough materials, but even simple projects overwhelm them;
- Aliens rarely actively go attack the base anymore; I think they are mostly line of sight, even though the base puts out a lot of polution;
- Since enemies are weak, pollution doesn't matter at all. I only have speed modules installed, with many speed3's, and I must have a lot of pollution from all the coal, but aliens don't attack too often anymore;
- I have no idea what to build anymore. I used to want to build a super-long train line with power, lights, maybe even conveyors, concrete, going alongside of it, but I wanted to use my 5k yellow drones and I think too much activity overwhelms them;
- I have a fast MSI gaming computer, so it's not my machine that's slowing things down, and the game plays fine, it's just their logic;
- I know they have different mods but I think we need like 10-20+ new monster *types* and an ability to mass-build different *types* of robots, not just little spheres, to make it fun. What else do you do when you have a base this size? Try to double it? Go explore? The map is randomly generated and eventually all looks the same.
- Item generation:
-- You'll see about 16 or so electric furnaces with speed3 chips that smelt both kinds of ore at random and pass it down to 1/3 as many level3 manufacturing machines, that crank out the basics;
-- I then have manufacturing machines, many with speed3's, that make components;
-- Four mfg machines drawing from one receiver chest is a good setup for most things except <1sec items with many components like green circuit boards. for those I have:
-- two machines, EACH drawing from THREE receiver chests using stack inserters and four speed3's inside. That cranks out parts pretty fast and you really don't need that many.\
- I think essentially, if you put another 20 hours into this level and basically fix the transport robots, you can have a rocket fly out PER SECOND because all you'll need to do is to duplicate my construction lines so instead of five or six like I have, you may need 20 or so.
- You'll notice I have something like a 6-wide blue conveyor belt, that you can both optimize and also fill with metal ore, and you can just run ore conveyors from ore patches, all feeding into the main belt. Pretty straight forward.

Guys, whomever wants to build something cool using this template, please post pics.
Attachments
F2.jpg
F2.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 3615 times
F1.jpg
F1.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 3615 times

Arizona
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Good-sized map SAVE GAME (1GW, 11k lasers, 750k iron, etc)

Post by Arizona »

Last edited by Arizona on Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arizona
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arizona »

Image32K black drones, 5k+ yellow drones (not all in this network).

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

register to download? dont care...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

aober93 wrote:register to download? dont care...
Agreed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Arizona
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arizona »

Here's the direct download link for the lazy generation https://app.box.com/s/lpqh0ba5gbapgdwt3quu9m1rwu6z3jcj

Return to “Show your Creations”