Probably the noobest first game

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

HKJoe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Probably the noobest first game

Post by HKJoe »

Love this game.
Can't wait to build blue science! Any advice or layout for that?

Click for full ss: http://i.imgur.com/Mtr1yrG.png

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Probably the noobest first game

Post by FishSandwich »

Looks pretty sweet. I'd say just continue to follow the layout you currently have, you seem to have the hang of it. :)

I would suggest though that you start cracking the light and heavy oils into solid fuel(and possibly replacing your coal line with it?), because once those storage tanks are full your oil refinery will stop making petroleum gas.

mohreb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mohreb »

It seem really organized,
let me show my base of operation (first play too):
The Base

HKJoe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HKJoe »

Very cool very cool, thanks for the input.
Looks like I have to find a way to centralized different mats before advancing to tier3.

Also, time really flies playing this...

seanos1998
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by seanos1998 »

looks a lot better than my first base xD

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tralala »

You will get problems with your oil industry though. After a while you have to connect lots of pumpjacks (10 and more) and you already built on some spots. After advanced refinery you need additional plants to break down heavy and light oil into petroleum gas.

Saubermann
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Saubermann »

Hey I just started playing too and I have a tip for you your turrets can be auto feed by inserters! This is what it looks like in my base.

Though looking at it I find the research corner severely lacking can someone help me with that?

ParanoiaComplex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ParanoiaComplex »

Saubermann wrote:Hey I just started playing too and I have a tip for you your turrets can be auto feed by inserters! This is what it looks like in my base.

Though looking at it I find the research corner severely lacking can someone help me with that?
My tip is that you shouldn't make auto feeders for your turrets. The reason is because that conveyor belt not only transports materials, but acts as a buffer that will fill up over time with the ammo (as you know). The more you let it sit there and build (I assume) Tier 1 ammo, the more metal is wasted, since laser turrets are not that far away. Eventually you'll make the switch to laser turrets and Tier 2 ammo, and all that Tier 1 ammo will literally be trash. It would do absolutely nothing to big biters and a couple mediums will just kill you before you can kill them with it.

You should just feed your turrets ammo manually and rush for those laser turrets. They take a lot of power to shoot, but even without batteries, they will only black out your factory for like a second every attack.

Also, you should group 5 of them at minimum together in a line so they have an easier time killing the biters before they can deal damage to your structures.
Last edited by ParanoiaComplex on Fri May 02, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Reygan »

You flattering yourself. My first game was the most noobest ;)
Daniel V. Lenskiy

Saubermann
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Saubermann »

ParanoiaComplex wrote: My tip is that you shouldn't make auto feeders for your turrets. The reason is because that conveyor belt not only transports materials, but acts as a buffer that will fill up over time with the ammo (as you know). The more you let it sit there and build (I assume) Tier 1 ammo, the more metal is wasted, since laser turrets are not that far away. Eventually you'll make the switch to laser turrets and Tier 2 ammo, and all that Tier 1 ammo will literally be trash. It would do absolutely nothing to big biters and a couple mediums will just kill you before you can kill them with it.

You should just feed your turrets ammo manually and rush for those laser turrets. They take a lot of power to shoot, but even without batteries, they will only black out your factory for like a second every attack.

Also, you should group 5 of them at minimum together in a line so they have an easier time killing the biters before they can deal damage to your structures.
Ah ok but I fear for this factory the damage is already done, all belts are feed to the brim with tier 1 ammo plus there is a sizeable portion of another wall/turret installation already completed and supplied. I wish there were recyclers in this game. Well I will definitely be less resource intense the next time I bother making some defenses.^^

Return to “Show your Creations”