Mass production 3? How are you getting along?

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Pyrii
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mass production 3? How are you getting along?

Post by Pyrii »

Anyone else finding this one a long slog too? Been playing 90% of Factorio with a friend and we're working our way towards it. Nearly 50% of the way there!
(yet another ill-timed autosave)

How is everyone else's progress with this achievement? What are your set-ups/factories where you're grinding for this achievement?

EDIT: This our map so far, we've liberated our own continent which we've been mining away at using trains and then covering in solar panels XD
( FFS autosave... )

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mass production 3? How are you getting along?

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General to Show your Creations
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kevsgrove
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kevsgrove »

I achieved it with around 100 hours on the savegame. I played in peaceful so I could leave the game running and not worry about biters too much.

However, I did come up with a design that makes around 2000 plates per hour (with 4 wire assemblers and 4 circuit assemblers).

I went through a few iterations after the pictured design, and realized that belts for the inputs and a line of stack inserters->chests for output was better than using trains.

Upon reaching 20m, I had 8 of these set up. So I had a 16k/min peak production, but I had trouble supplying this with only 3 trains each of iron and copper.

My average production over the savegame was 3.2k per minute, which I don't think is too terrible for the amount of time I left the game idling 8-)

Note: The assemblers all have prod4 modules, and the wire assemblers have 4 beacons in range, while the circuit connectors have only 3. This makes is so that the average production of wire is just over 1.5 that of circuits, so the ratio works, and all assemblers are constantly producing, given the copper and iron input is high enough.
Attachments
2kCircuitsPerMin.PNG
2kCircuitsPerMin.PNG (1.41 MiB) Viewed 10710 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

I reworked my 1rocket/min base to become vanilla just for it. Even with that it's taking ages to complete, and fills up any buffer rapidly.
By now I've expanded the Processing Unit module to swallow 16 compressed belts of EC, just so it fills less storage.
Display: Electronic Circuits / 5s

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

About 15 hours of work on that achievement.
GsAfWv2.jpg
GsAfWv2.jpg (753.45 KiB) Viewed 10514 times
I did not find any use for 20M electronic circuit so I made a storage...
2016-07-27_23-41-39.jpg
2016-07-27_23-41-39.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 10514 times
In the end I had stored 16.700.000 electronic circuit with a production of 19200 / min.
OeiOQqZ.jpg
OeiOQqZ.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 10514 times

Return to “Show your Creations”