4 Science pack lab factory

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Wolfae
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

4 Science pack lab factory

Post by Wolfae »

I actually haven't implemented the 4th science pack into it yet, but I will when I go out and kill the alien monster things. There's an underground belt at the bottom of the research labs which will be used to move the 4th pack into the center. One more thing... I will replace the steel chests that contain steel with electric furnaces when they both run out of steel. I just so happened to have had steel made in that little area in the past.

I would claim it solely as my own creation, but apparently upon searching google, someone made a factory that looks almost exactly the same as mine, and they made it first. Anyway... Here's the version I thought of myself.
creation.png
creation.png (4 MiB) Viewed 3744 times
Favorite seed

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 4 Science pack lab factory

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Take a look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10254&start=10#p164825

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

This is a nice compact setup. I think if it were me I would adjust my building ratios for max lab efficiency. You will be a little under supplied down the road.
Last edited by Shokubai on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miravlix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Miravlix »

I've used Steejo's version of this, it works fairly well, but suffers from ratios issues and you seem to have missed a few things Steejo does to fix some of the issues and made an odd choice of ruining the green circuits ratio.

Due to how fast research is at the moment, Steejo's version seems all you will ever need and it's a silly waste of time building bigger setups with better ratios. I still think the setups is fundamentally flawed, whatever you use this or build better ratios, since they just use a belt to feed the labs. A better setup, that requires much more space is with chest and circuit "magic" to feed each lab and stop wasting packs by having them out of reach of inserters on belts..

It generally seem to be a design flaw most people commit, that they can't see the difference between high throughput things like iron/copper and low throughput factory elements.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Interesting setups. I like the compact it all is! Personally I would maybe double the size of the whole thing just for quicker research but I'm pretty impatient so it isn't that big of a deal. :P
I'm actually pretty curious about what's going on with those copper Belts near the top right that seem to loop back on these or something. O.o
Image Image Image

Wolfae
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wolfae »

Xterminator wrote:Interesting setups. I like the compact it all is! Personally I would maybe double the size of the whole thing just for quicker research but I'm pretty impatient so it isn't that big of a deal. :P
I'm actually pretty curious about what's going on with those copper Belts near the top right that seem to loop back on these or something. O.o

I make really long lines of belts so that I can access all the resources just by picking them up rather than going to a chest. I also think it's a good way to exhaust resources in the ground faster. (I feel really bad when I build on top of resources.)
Favorite seed

Return to “Show your Creations”