Processor Unit Module

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

JonathanLeite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Processor Unit Module

Post by JonathanLeite »

Hello Everyone,

I am new on forum, and i wish to share some of my work, i have done a module to construct Processor Unit, i have follow some guideline to do it, in order of importance:

1. efficiency - not economy, i use always a little bit more than necessary in order to not miss any material
2. size
3. design/beauty

All Criticts,Sugestions,Ideas and Advices are very welcome... thanks in advanced and sorry for the poor english. :idea:
Attachments
processor_unit_module.jpg
processor_unit_module.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2008 times

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Processor Unit Module

Post by Neemys »

Nice looking one, but you go a bit to high on efficiency.

To make 1 processing unit assembly working you need 1.07 advanced (so only two for efficiency) and you need 0.37 electronic for processing and 0.13 electornic for advanced. So 2 for efficiency. And for all this you need 1.33 copper cable assembly not 7. So 2 assembly for efficiency.

As the consuption of sulfuric acid is very very low (0.03 unit/s) I prefer to make it someplace else for all my factory and move the sulfuric acid where I need it in place of pretroleum gas. It save on energy (idling assembly consume electricity).

You can keep sulfuric acid here but try to shut off an advanced circuit assembly and 2 electronic assembly and 4-5 copper cable assembly, Your processor asssembly should still be working at 100% then you gain more space and can redesign it better ;)
(Check if it work before redesigning it ;) )

But good work on designing this one tho

Be careful with using inserter for moving thing from one belt to another, it can become the bottleneck. In your design IF all copper cable assembly where working at 100% your 3 inserter moving copper from input will not be enough. Better try to not using inserter here. Nothing stop you from connecting those two belt. (maybe aesthetic ?)

You can insert sulfur directly with a long hand insert too. But it's true we don't see this nice yellow thing often on a belt.
Last edited by Neemys on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

JonathanLeite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Processor Unit Module

Post by JonathanLeite »

Thank you so much, for all sugestions, thanks, i will look for them.

Return to “Show your Creations”