Buffer optimization and compression

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

visionfear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Buffer optimization and compression

Post by visionfear »

Here is my Buffer setup I wanted one with 4 lines, and buffer that can store up to 192 000 plates thats 40 steel chests. And I wonder if anyone have a better one?
VF Buffer Simple Setup

visionfear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Buffer optimization and compression

Post by visionfear »

I asked for 4 belts and Buffer not storage :P

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Does anybody know how many (blue) inserters you need to fully load or unload an uncompressed (yellow/red/blue) belt?

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

vanatteveldt wrote:Does anybody know how many (blue) inserters you need to fully load or unload an uncompressed (yellow/red/blue) belt?
Look here https://imgur.com/a/WytKJ

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

visionfear wrote:I asked for 4 belts and Buffer not storage :P
Medusalem's mass storage can be equally considered a buffer. The input and output into storage is maximized for an express belt. If you want a 4 belt input/output system here is what I came up with:

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/dow ... hp?id=2925

It is one-sided (you can simplify it with a 2-sided design) and doesn't show all of the storage chests and roboports. Along with this thread is a 4 express lane layout I've used for ore RR - import, smelting, plate buffer/storage and plate RR export.

Synergi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Synergi »

DerivePi wrote:
visionfear wrote:I asked for 4 belts and Buffer not storage :P
Medusalem's mass storage can be equally considered a buffer. The input and output into storage is maximized for an express belt. If you want a 4 belt input/output system here is what I came up with:

*snip*

It is one-sided (you can simplify it with a 2-sided design) and doesn't show all of the storage chests and roboports. Along with this thread is a 4 express lane layout I've used for ore RR - import, smelting, plate buffer/storage and plate RR export.
DerivePi wrote:*snip* - here

*snip*
Sorry to kind of pull this off topic a bit but...

@DerivePi, I've been lurking around here for a bit and saw your really nice looking AutoCAD schematics. I downloaded your old .dwg with some of the blocks you used in previous schematics, but I was just wondering if you had a more recent file with new blocks. :D

Thanks,
– Synergi (Michael)

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

I've updated them a little but not really enough to repost. They are almost the same still.

Synergi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Synergi »

DerivePi wrote:I've updated them a little but not really enough to repost. They are almost the same still.
Hey DerivePi,

Thanks for the reply! I'm fairly new to AutoCAD (I have used a few other 3D modeling software packages before though), which is why I wanted to rely on your already well designed blocks rather than attempt to make a few ugly ones myself. :P I am also fairly new to Factorio (as probably made evident by my forum status), and want to start my first real base big, so I need a way to plan it out. I saw your blocks and they immediately caught my attention. I have a few quick questions though if you wouldn't mind answering them:
1) Is this the latest version of the dwg file? https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxobq33k1pfx3 ... BLOCKS.dwg
2) How did you create the curved transport belts (in the diagrams) and such? In a few of my designs I use quite a bit of them (and at different speeds), and I see that you use them as well: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22416&p=142235#p142235
3) Would it be possible to do a quick re-upload with some new blocks for a noob like me? I would greatly appreciate it, and I'm sure many others will as well. If you can't I completely understand though.

Edit: Turns out I'm an idiot and didn't see the Stright/Turn option on the transport belt. You may as well just ignore this post, I am completely incompetent in regards to AutoCAD, I'm learning as I go, so yeah. :P

Thanks again!
– Synergi (Michael)

Return to “Show your Creations”