Musical ambience: Playing around with reverb

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Musical ambience: Playing around with reverb

Post by ssilk »

With the reverb I think it comes and goes. Somtimes I think, the music is much too dry. And then it changes and I think: Now it's just right. I found it changes with the progress of the game, where you stand around.

For example: Inside the center of my factory should be nearly no reverb. The surround sound is too much, a reverb cannot be heard or if I put too much in, the reverb destroys the background noises and itself... At the edge of my factory I think some flatter-echo (I used most times https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/le-space/ ) sounds nice. When I go more outside, the sound changes to full reverb. I think in the forest the reverb sounds nice and it can go really deep into strange sound effects.

And with that in mind I created 3 layers of the same music, just with different effects. And when I mix it together and run around in my factory I was fascinated from the effect.

Here is the result of my experiments: https://soundcloud.com/ssilk-1/v01gathe ... rrestremix

To understand what I did, please look into the comments and explanations during the play. :)
Then please close the eyes (you are allowed to peek the comments :) ) and try to imagine that you are now in the center of the forrest and walk to the border of your factory and then into the center of the factory. Closing the eyes is important, cause the effect is subtle!

So this is the completely crazy idea: For (nearly every piece) we have more than one track with different effects. Dependend on the place where the character currently is (or what he does), these tracks (=the effects) are blended in and out. The differences between the tracks are just the room (space, reverb-type) they are in.

I would not be surprised, if others find this idea ... too much. :) It's just an idea I played around with this evening. It was just fun.

PS: I think I have made the error to remaster all 3 parts instead of remastering only the final result. But I think you can think this overmasterd parts away. If interested, I will redo it.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Show your Creations”