Universal factory

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

nocturnalAndroid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Universal factory

Post by nocturnalAndroid »

Hello everyone,
So, I'm sure this has been done before, but here is my shot at a universal factory.
It is currently only a proof of concept and it still has some major flaws, but I wanted to run it by you good people and get some feed back.
The idea is to have a generic factory that can emulate any production line without using the logistic bot system.
Here is a video (volume is a bit high so you might want to turn that down before you click) where I do a poor job of explaining the basic idea(sorry for the very poor production value).
I'll be happy to explain anything you don't understand.
Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for improvement.
Last edited by nocturnalAndroid on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Universal factory

Post by Degraine »

I think I see what you're aiming for, but I fear that it won't work beyond a one or two-stage production process at the moment. You might be better off with a loop system that outputs materials onto the belt whenever something else further down the line requires it.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Could you provide some pictures too? :) I interested in seeing it, but can't watch a video right now or play the save unfortunately.
Image Image Image

nocturnalAndroid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nocturnalAndroid »

Degraine: Not sure why you think it will not work, your suggestion is essentially what I'm trying to do, only that in stead of passing it down the line it loops back...

Xterminator: Here are many images, I haven't the time at the moment to annotate them I hope you can make sense of it, feel free to ask questions though.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

I'll have to build my own factory to demonstrate what I'm talking about. I've gotten a proof of concept working with oil products from Bob's Mods so far.

Return to “Show your Creations”