Sushi laboratories without combinators, splitters and inserters

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

datarza
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Sushi laboratories without combinators, splitters and inserters

Post by datarza »

Pretty simple solution, (maybe somebody invented it?). Image shows instead of words:
SimpleExamples.08-40199a0909802273a7511c47665b1729.jpg
SimpleExamples.08-40199a0909802273a7511c47665b1729.jpg (408.52 KiB) Viewed 388 times

One thing: perhaps, it will be better if science pack comes to one line of belt, or perhaps not.
Last edited by datarza on Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Sushi laboratories without combinators, splitters and inserters

Post by Nova »

Your image doesn't load for everyone else because it's linked as localhost, not on a public server. You can upload pictures on the forum by just dragging them into the input field.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Nova wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:11 am
Your image doesn't load for everyone else because it's linked as localhost, not on a public server. You can upload pictures on the forum by just dragging them into the input field.
Yup, this. ^^

You can then also place that image inline in your post (vs an attachment) if you want by using the Attachments tab just under the post editor. ;)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

datarza
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by datarza »

Nova wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:11 am
Thank you for correcting the wrong link, fixed the image.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Pretty cool stuff ^^
But you need to be careful when settings the numbers or adding labs, because the way science is inserted doesn't guarantee open room for science pack all the time, sometimes "green" and "blue" science may block "red" science.

I made a base using similar idea long time ago viewtopic.php?p=512953

You can use 2 circular belts, if you don't use labs but assembly, the 2nd belt for intermediate product.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

I mean, if you're going to do this, why not just fully bloodbus the science loop belt instead?

Especially with the 2.0 belt wiring changes, bloodbusses are going to be a lot easier to do.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Illiander42 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:18 am
why not just fully bloodbus the science loop belt instead?
What do you mean ?

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:10 am
What do you mean ?
A bloodbus (named after the Blood Belt mod) is a method for doing sushi-belts by wiring the entire belt on "read contents" and then controlling how many of each item is allowed on the belt as though it were a big chest.

As opposed to the other sushi-belt tracking method of having a memory cell and counting items on and off, it's simpler in concept and more robust, but much uglier until we get 2.0's "whole belt" mode.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Illiander42 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:11 am
method for doing sushi-belts by wiring the entire belt on "read contents" and then controlling how many of each item is allowed on the belt as though it were a big chest.
I didn't know the mod and can't speak for OP, i have used such things ( and several others ^^) , attempted to reduce the number of belt being wired to have better perfomance regarding update time spent on circuit vs update time spent on entity that produce things.

Wiring just the previous belt, as in the example, is the minimalist version, i like it. It has some tiny drawbacks that force you to think a bit of the different configuration of item on belts and lab consumption to estimate max throughput or average operation, which i think is very illustrating of the little intricacies of factorio.

I agree that 2.0's announced feature to "wire whole belt" will boost/replace those kind of builds.

Return to “Show your Creations”