Spot the mistake

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Spot the mistake

Post by MrDrummer »

Direct link: http://img.ctrlv.in/img/15/04/21/55368a6a60e07.png (part is cut off - too wide ;))
Spot the mistake! I realized the mistake after 10 hours of gameplay, to which i am using a blue print to use this design in the design of my blue circuit production!

Heads up- nothing is wrong with the layout of the inserters - it works fine so long as the materials are provided.

Although you could say the fact i have no corner splitters is a mistake, it isn't what i had in mind.
Last edited by MrDrummer on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Spot the mistake

Post by Smarty »

does it work?

yes?
Then there is no real mistake

edit: maybe that power pole in the top right? the big one?

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Found two errors and marked them with blue.

Waste of bytes : P

Merroc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Merroc »

All the belts are full, so it's wasted space?

Also, mistake: windows 8? :)

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

Hint - where my cursor is hovered over ;)

the pipes that are disconnected are for the blue circuit production i was talking about - i have not finished that as of yet.

The reason for posting this was more for me to laugh at my own mistake - trying to be as compact as possible, and making a stupid mistake that makes certain moves pointless. (even considering throughput)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

With one red belt before the splitter you are showing, yellow belts would have been enough after the splitter.
Also true for the two copper splitters on the lower right part, and upper right part
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

Direct link: http://img.ctrlv.in/img/15/04/21/5536b18a3cbf8.png (still too big ;))

I accidently added two lines for the electronic circuits....

Kevin94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kevin94 »

In my eyes there is a much greater design mistake: The ratio copper cable: electronic circuit assemblers is 1:1. Unless there are speed modules in the copper cable assemblers the EC assemblers are idling about 30% of the time wasting much space of your otherwise very compact design.

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadZuri »

Kevin94 wrote:In my eyes there is a much greater design mistake: The ratio copper cable: electronic circuit assemblers is 1:1. Unless there are speed modules in the copper cable assemblers the EC assemblers are idling about 30% of the time wasting much space of your otherwise very compact design.
You're absolutely right on that ratio being off, but you missed the more egregious ratio error. One copper cabling assembler can feed 8 advanced circuit assemblers. There are way too many copper cabling assemblers in this build eating up space. If you put the cabling assemblers between the basic and advanced circuits so that the basic gets a dedicated assembler above and the cabling assemblers in the middle share between basic and advanced.... and I just realized how much of a word salad that was. Never mind, carry on.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

Feel free to post your designs below, bearing in mind that i want a directional flow of materials either side of the build, and 10 / 8 seconds.

I didnt really care about the ratio stuff, as i was focusing more on the tileable aspect of it.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

If the goal is to produce the red circuits and bots 1:1 wire to circuit may be more than enough.

Now the double iron input makes no sense whatsoever :D

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

SHiRKiT wrote:Now the double iron input makes no sense whatsoever :D
That is the answer i had in mind for the "mistake"
;)

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

There is no mistake with this design. Technically.

So you have 2 belts of iron when less iron would be enough, how is that a mistake? It's not, because it works.

but It's inefficient, it's a waste of space and resources, but there are so many inefficient spots in this design that i see no problem at all with this "double belt" situation.

When you have a topic like "spot my mistake" and post a picture like that particular one - the only thing you're doing is you're trying to make people find 1 mistake YOU are thinking of , in the field full of similar mistakes and worse design ideas than double-belts. This design makes no to little sense, 2 belts of iron at least don't hold your machines back or anything, it's just excessive. Other things are excessive too, to a much greater degree btw, why do you think i'm gonna spot this "mistake" first?

Visiting this topic i expected an exercise for my brain, like a puzzle, but instead it turned out to be a waste of my time. Come to think of it, writing this reply is a waste too. so i'm just gonna stop here

Alekthefirst
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alekthefirst »

XyLe wrote:so i'm just gonna stop here
Time Police here! You didn't waste enough time!
Go back to wasting time NOW, or you will be arrested!

Also that's a metric fartton of long inserters
Factorio is a game about automating everything. One day, i hope i can automate shitty signatures just like this one.

Return to “Show your Creations”