Starting area ore patch size increase?

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Starting area ore patch size increase?

Post by code99 »

Hi,

I cant figure out if its possible and if so, how to increase the size of ores in the starting area. No matter what i try and what setting i choose, starting area ore patches are ridiculously small. I understand that this might be intended but I hate this.

I also hate vanilla resource spawner more so than i hate this so i wont be playing that.

So back to my question, is there a way to increase the patch size in the starting area for the various ores?
Im fine with resources outside the starting area and i can control the richness of all ores pretty easily since there is a specific setting from RSO for that but i cant make the ores larger.

Help?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Starting area ore patch size increase?

Post by orzelek »

Starting ore patch size is pretty much fixed with small random variation.
It should abide by general size multiplier and by size setting for ores. There is a separate multiplier for richness of this ores but not for the size.
Also making them larger would counteract the idea that you should be encouraged to use trains to bring ore from distant ore patches.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

The starting richness is fine. But for the same amount, the size could sometimes be bit bigger. So you can fit more miners. Especially for coal.

But if I understand things correctly, this is something that can be set in the config file. Just not via the mod menu. Even for each resource separately.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Since there is quite a bit of randomness size is a bit approximate.
And also bigger patch needs to have more ore or it would get very small piles so there is an amount increase based on size.

Random factor usually means that you will end up with smaller or larger patches near start.
If there are some that are notoriously to small I can buff them a bit in size.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”