Angels Infinite Ores and Fluid requirements

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Phantum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Angels Infinite Ores and Fluid requirements

Post by Phantum »

So with the Angel's Infinite Ores requiring fluid, is there a way to have the patches seperated out, so that Infinite ores(solid patch) are actually Quite rare, but if you do find one, they're purely infinite, and if not infinite it's just the regular ore patch (no infinite ores)? (I believe vanilla generation of his mod does this if I'm not mistaken)

I copied this from my post on the mod portal, as I keep forgetting it never sends out emails.
Last edited by Phantum on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
I am a Streamer,
Fallen Sun Gaming by Name,
Factorio is Sometimes my Game.
For Some Goodness
Join me
on http://www.twitch.tv/fallensungaming

FSG may or may not be subliminally implanted in this signature

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Angels Infinite Ores and Fluid requirements

Post by orzelek »

I do read the mod portal also. It's fairly cumbersome there to continue discussion.

Current behaviour was specifically added to work like that and I'm not keen on changing it. Vanilla game has a pretty annoying issue that covering ore that requires fluid and one that doesn't makes miner stop working if fluid is not provided. I don't think trying to separate those ores to go around vanilla issue is a good idea.

Phantum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantum »

orzelek wrote:I do read the mod portal also. It's fairly cumbersome there to continue discussion.

Current behaviour was specifically added to work like that and I'm not keen on changing it. Vanilla game has a pretty annoying issue that covering ore that requires fluid and one that doesn't makes miner stop working if fluid is not provided. I don't think trying to separate those ores to go around vanilla issue is a good idea.
ah ok, I was just curious, cause in angels ores he has it setup so that the infinite patches are entirely seperate ore patches, and thus a lot more rare. Thanks though, and yeah the forums are a lot easier to discuss things on.
---
I am a Streamer,
Fallen Sun Gaming by Name,
Factorio is Sometimes my Game.
For Some Goodness
Join me
on http://www.twitch.tv/fallensungaming

FSG may or may not be subliminally implanted in this signature

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Would it be possible to add a probability to infinite ores so some fields do have them and some don't other than the ore in the starting area?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

mrvn wrote:Would it be possible to add a probability to infinite ores so some fields do have them and some don't other than the ore in the starting area?
Sure. It would need to either go to ore prototype or a setting. And would brake regen on any already created map (consumes one more random number - everything after it is different).

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

orzelek wrote:
mrvn wrote:Would it be possible to add a probability to infinite ores so some fields do have them and some don't other than the ore in the starting area?
Sure. It would need to either go to ore prototype or a setting. And would brake regen on any already created map (consumes one more random number - everything after it is different).
Default to it being off so regen stays the same. Unless you activate it, then the map changes.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”