Getting enormous rich fields.

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Getting enormous rich fields.

Post by OldFritz »

Hi there,

i was getting the itch, once again, and started a new map. On the starting map everything was excellent, but the first new ore patch, coal, was rather... disturbing. It had a yield of 1.2 million. I expanded scans and traveled further out and every new field was just getting richer and richer. 1-3 M at first and later skyrocketing to 8 - 15 M.
For the map-generation i used railworld, which was a mistake in the first place, -no biter agression : / , but after starting many other maps on default and very low richness settings, results were always the same.

I never dived into the mod settings of rso, since i simply don't know what to edit to get the wanted results. Besides, i never experienced this earlier, so there was no need.

There are no mods that alter ressource spawning/behavior so i'm kinda lost.

Anybody could give me a hand? ;)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Getting enormous rich fields.

Post by orzelek »

Default fields are bigger now by design. You might also need all that ore with new science now :)

If you want to have less ore then in mod settings (map tab) you can find richness mutliplier for starting area and rest of the map.

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Getting enormous rich fields.

Post by OldFritz »

I intended (and will do) with expensive recipes and a x4 multiplier on research, soooo, yes, you are right, enormous quantities are simply needed.
Especially since i tweaked the SciencePack ingredients&costs to be also much more expensive.

Oh well, than i guess everything is right.

Also, i had no idea how large, in exact numbers, ressource fields in 0.14 and earlier where. I never used a ressource manager. Now with the built in, you see it right from the start.

Thanks so far for clarifying. :D

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”