Oil near water

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Oil near water

Post by Syrchalis »

I've been noticing that oil seems to spread out if there is water close to the center of the field. Usually the single patches are rather close to each other, but in these cases they are all over the place.

I'm sure it's because it tries to spawn the oil patches, can't and then moves them to the edge of the water. Not a huge deal, just kind of unpretty.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Oil near water

Post by orzelek »

Yeah that might be the effect of last changes to actually spawn the oil instead of dropping it completely.

I tried to make it a bit better - please check with 3.3.3. I can't guarantee it will be 100% grouped but shouldn't go all around the place like this.

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

Just as a note, it also happens when other resources take up the space. E.g. I had a coal field spawn inside an oil field and it made the oil spread out like that.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

That will be more difficult to fix - simple way I did for water issues won't help.
It's a bit strange that one patch would be inside others outside - it should not be able to spawn oil over coal so it should be whole coal first or all oil wells first.

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

It does spawn coal first, but it spreads the oil around the coal then, just like it does with water, which creates these horribly scattered fields.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You do want to much ;)

Only way to fix this would be to preplan all oil wells for patch and drop randomness completely. Then it could try to arrange them somehow. It would need to be pretty careful to make sure it doesn't break since there are many possible cases it can end up.

My guess is you would like to have them lined up for beacons - wouldn't that be to easy?

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

Nah, it's fine. I just wanted to point it out in case you CAN do something about it.

If not, or too difficult, then it's okay, it barely bothered me enough to make a thread.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”