Small addition requested on next update

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Small addition requested on next update

Post by Nexela »

It is currently not possible to complete disable RSO before the fist tick. Is there any chance you can add the removal of the on_tick_event to the disableChunkHandler remote call?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Small addition requested on next update

Post by orzelek »

Nexela wrote:It is currently not possible to complete disable RSO before the fist tick. Is there any chance you can add the removal of the on_tick_event to the disableChunkHandler remote call?
I'm not sure I understand what are you trying to achieve. You want to prevent starting area spawning?
I could reverse the logic and register the generation event in init only if it's not disabled. It's hard to tell if it would help without knowing what are you trying to do.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Could you add something like

Code: Select all

if not RSOmod then RSOmod = {} end
to your data.lua? :P

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Arch666Angel wrote:Could you add something like

It's mostly for mod testing I still want RSO to be present and working in most causes but there I times I quickly want to test something or abuse RSO in ways never thought possible. and being able to flip a switch in control file and reload the world is a lot faster then closing and reopening Factorio :)

It doesn't even have to be tied to disableChunkHandler I just want to be able to do a quick on_player_created /c remote.call("RSO", "turnoffthestartingores")

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Nexela wrote:

It's mostly for mod testing I still want RSO to be present and working in most causes but there I times I quickly want to test something or abuse RSO in ways never thought possible. and being able to flip a switch in control file and reload the world is a lot faster then closing and reopening Factorio :)

It doesn't even have to be tied to disableChunkHandler I just want to be able to do a quick on_player_created /c remote.call("RSO", "turnoffthestartingores")
You can set stating area size to 0 and it won't generate. It's in the config file.
PS.
No idea why you quoted Arch666Angel's sneaky thread hijack;)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Sure.
Name is the problem a bit since I'm camel case guy but I'll think of something. It might take some time to get there - naming is one of most difficult things in software ;)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

orzelek wrote: You can set stating area size to 0 and it won't generate. It's in the config file.
PS.
Yes, but that is in the config file and would require a full restart to turn it off and back on as well as re-editing the config file.

I quoted the hijacker due to reference on why I didn't want to do a data.lua check

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Nexela wrote:
orzelek wrote: You can set stating area size to 0 and it won't generate. It's in the config file.
PS.
Yes, but that is in the config file and would require a full restart to turn it off and back on as well as re-editing the config file.

I quoted the hijacker due to reference on why I didn't want to do a data.lua check
Hmm why would you need to get a restart of game to apply config file setting?
It works with just new game no need for restarts. RSO uses config file in control.lua so it gets reloaded along with it. Only settings that affect actual base game generation won't trigger - like switch from RSO enemy generation to vanilla one.

As for re-editing you'll need to edit something. Can make an external interface for this - You would still need to call it still and it would need to be on_init of mod or something that happens before first tick for it to trigger correctly. So net effect seems the same - edit config or other mod/file :D

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

[quote]As for re-editing you'll need to edit something. Can make an external interface for this - You would still need to call it still and it would need to be on_init of mod or something that happens before first tick for it to trigger correctly. So net effect seems the same - edit config or other mod/file [/quot

My mod already disables the chunk handler in player created when my debug config is on.

Doing it through config is still lots of extra steps including making sure that rso is extracted and the config file is open for it. and that It doesn't get update and have to be re-extracted and re changed just for times when I want to quickly check stuff :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Nexela wrote:
As for re-editing you'll need to edit something. Can make an external interface for this - You would still need to call it still and it would need to be on_init of mod or something that happens before first tick for it to trigger correctly. So net effect seems the same - edit config or other mod/file
My mod already disables the chunk handler in player created when my debug config is on.

Doing it through config is still lots of extra steps including making sure that rso is extracted and the config file is open for it. and that It doesn't get update and have to be re-extracted and re changed just for times when I want to quickly check stuff :)
Ok - I'll add new remote that will disable starting area generation. And silently hope noone leaves that call in somewhere in the mod on the portal ;)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

orzelek wrote:
Nexela wrote:
As for re-editing you'll need to edit something. Can make an external interface for this - You would still need to call it still and it would need to be on_init of mod or something that happens before first tick for it to trigger correctly. So net effect seems the same - edit config or other mod/file

Ok - I'll add new remote that will disable starting area generation. And silently hope noone leaves that call in somewhere in the mod on the portal ;)

Thank you, And if someone leaves that call in on the mod portal their will be lots of Please help! I can't start a new game, This happens every time! posts.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Added both of those in 2.3.3.
Please check if remote interface works as intended.. I did not do any testing on it. It's based on global so should not desync.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Working perfectly in single and multiplayer, Thank you!

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”