Ocean Liners Compatibility

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Xavier630
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ocean Liners Compatibility

Post by Xavier630 »

Hi!

First, I'd like to say, I really love RSO, it's so much fun to play with (sometimes I do miss having a colourful map though).

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd please be able to add compatability for Ocean Liners' sea oil. This is currently generated with the same noise layer as crude oil although I'm happy adding a few lines of code to give it its own one if necessary.

The resource is defined at the top here: https://github.com/xavier630/Ocean-Line ... ities2.lua

Is there anything you need to know to make it work? I've added a little bit about how the sea oil can spawn on water by disabling deep-water's "water-tile" collision mask in the discussions section in the Factorio Mods' RSO page.

You've said that you don't think it's possible to add sea-oil compatability, due to not being able to spawn resources on water, but deep-water is no longer water in my mod. I'd like to know if this makes it possible.

Anyway, let me know what you think,
Xavier

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ocean Liners Compatibility

Post by orzelek »

I'll duplicate it here from discussion on mod portal:
If you are removing collision mask from water then RSO will be able to spawn everything on water. It's using collision check to validate if it can place ore field and/or biters.
I can suppress the warning - but removal of water collision mask means that things will go wrong with RSO as you noticed with biters. I might be actually tempted to self disable RSO when detecting your mod to prevent resource placement issues.
I'd rather not reimplement base game collision checks by hand with actual tile type checks to go around removal of water collision mask.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”