You weren't kidding about having to travel long distances.

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Mr Sunol
Inserter
Inserter

You weren't kidding about having to travel long distances.

Post by Mr Sunol »

(LINK HERE in case the image doesn't work)

I altered the settings so I can have an unlimited supply from very small deposits (similar to the infinite resource mod). Little did I know it would be so hard to find some damn copper.

After spending 2 hours driving around in my car in the land to the south, west and north of my base (in that order), locating various Iron deposits, as well as a few coal and oil deposits, I still could not find any copper.

I eventually did find one at point A, after building a 25-length land bridge to get to the east side of this giant lake. Shortly after I found deposit B too, which was hidden under 3 biter bases.
Unfortunately each of these deposits can only take 4 miners on them at a time, and I have to continue scouting for more.

The distance via rail (thanks to the updated ghost-rail laying system) is 1051 rail pieces to get back to where I am currently standing.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: You weren't kidding about having to travel long distances.

Post by orzelek »

Few things working here most likely - lots of water is one of them for sure.
Mod is water aware so won't spawn resources on water but it won't move them around to much to find land. So you are losing resources because of that and with your changes to size it might mean there are a lot of resources lost.

I would recommend one of improved radar mods for use with RSO and with such small resource patches also map labels mod :)

Mr Sunol
Inserter
Inserter

Re: You weren't kidding about having to travel long distances.

Post by Mr Sunol »

Map labels mod was going through my mind a lot while I was playing this. But this is just my much-around world before the mods that I want to use are updated for v13, so I'm not too bothered.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”