Resource Spawner Overhaul - Infinite Edition

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

Lime
Inserter
Inserter

Resource Spawner Overhaul - Infinite Edition

Post by Lime »

moved from [MOD 12.11+] Train Outposts topic to this subforum
-- daniel34

Ok, so I'm back to factorio for a bit, and decided to finish the tweaking of RSO to better fit the idea of infinite resources and remote outposts.
I've "forked" and tweaked RSO version 1.4.7, and the main changes are:
  • Resources now spawn in separate single piles, akin to how oil spawns, each pile containing 1.000.000.000 (one billion) units of resource. It's not infinite, though, but pretty close to it.
  • Collision boxes of resources was increased to that of oil wells, so each pile is better visible on the map.
  • Spawning rules config files was dramatically simplified. You can now set only 3 values: min-max amount of piles per spawn and number of piles in starting area (this one is not randomised). For example, you'll always have 4 piles of iron on spawn, and 3-8 separate piles per deposit elsewhere. (min=3, max=8, starting=4)
  • Min and max number of piles increase by +1 for every 1500 (configurable) tiles away from spawn. So at 15000 tiles from spawn you'll have 13-18 endless iron piles per deposit. Sick!!
  • Mining drills mining area was nerfed, so you can put only 1 drill per pile.
  • Bob's Area Drills (if installed) were also nerfed, so you get slightly increased area only starting from area drill Mk3 (5x5 tiles for Mk3 and 7x7 for Mk4)
Since it's an RSO fork, it should be compatible with any RSO-compatible mod out there.
Will be happy to hear your comments :D
Attachments
rso-mod-infinite_edition_1.4.7.zip
Fixed gen bug
(41.88 KiB) Downloaded 882 times

Norbby42
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Resource Spawner Overhaul - Infinite Edition

Post by Norbby42 »

Cool! Came here looking for a way to setup a style of game like the Train Outposts, but for bobsmods, this looks perfect :D Going to start up a fresh freeplay with this. (the ore density of just bob's mods on vanilla is ridiculous - talk about a planet made out of rainbows).

Glancing through the config.lua, it looks like 2 debug variables are set to true:

Code: Select all

debug_enabled = true
debug_items_enabled = true
I set them both to false to be safe, just wanted to give a head's up :)

Norbby42
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Norbby42 »

So far, so good. The oil is a bit out of hand though. An image is worth a thousand words, so...
crazy oil.PNG
crazy oil.PNG (143.98 KiB) Viewed 16467 times
Pretty sure I could run all oil forever off a single Pumpjack Mk 2 (granted, it is limited by the pipe size, but that's not much of a limitation)

Lime
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lime »

Yeah, config wasn't cleaned, thanks. :) Will update probably.
About oil - I also had doubts about it - should I leave it as it was, or just x2/x4/x10 it. Haven't decided yet though.

The one thing is I am sure about, is that 4 piles per resource spawn should be maximum and distance multiplier should be multiple of 2000... Unless people have other ideas.

DUMBHA
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DUMBHA »

Hmm I like the mod. but sadly it conflicts with the mods I'm using to buff my aliens. :(
Could anyone help me figure out what bits of code to remove from this mod in order to not make it affect the aliens?

Beathoven
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beathoven »

any chance to get an uptade to factorio 0.14?

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

Is there a good resource mod, that encourages use of train, but not make them practically infinite like this?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

aober93 wrote:Is there a good resource mod, that encourages use of train, but not make them practically infinite like this?
This mod is also available without infinite: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/orzelek/rso-mod

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”