Other than that, more alien types need to be added, for example:
- Random textures for aliens, just to make them look a bit different
- Ranged alien
- Boss alien
- Humans can study & learn from alien technologies (Same for aliens learning human technologies)
- Alien ore, which could only be mined by alien technologies (and by humans, after they research it). Humans should not have their own ore - they are the "aliens" of the planet they landed on.
- Terraforming. After studying the surface of the planet, you should be able to change the surface to a different type, perhaps be able to generate snow, rain, fog.
- More planets. Different climate, different surface, size, perhaps, generating space over time and expanding with more planets. Player would have to research a lot to be able to study space & astrology and build a ship to travel in it.
- Factorio Universe (World). A server, hosted officially by Factorio. It would have hundreds, if not thousands, of different planets, where the players could live on. Players can choose to be either a human or an alien. Players could visit each other, form alliances or capture other planets. (I might have gotten carried away with this concept)