Prepaid discount and affiliated links

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Prepaid discount and affiliated links

Post by Nic »

I have thought about that idea I posted earlier https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 212#p60212 and I think I found an acceptable solution for kovarex and for the community.

I thought about a way with that you (the satisfied customer) can make it possible for other people to buy the game via a link you posted under your gameplay video or blog post.
Also it should be more appealing to the person clicking the link than just buying it from the website directly.

My solution are prepaid discounts which work a little bit like PayPal donations (but with various payment methods).

The solution came to my mind since I already own the "Mining Drill Operator" pack but think you deserve more of my money.
Since you don't offer another way to donate you money than buying a copy of the game I thought to myself - "why don't you just combine a way of donating money to you while people who want to buy the game can profit from it?"
Normal donations would only serve the development team (which is of course not bad but if people who want to buy the game can profit from it as a side effect more people would donate money in my opinion).

What I mean by that is really simple:

If I want to give you some money to support you anyways but don't want to spend 12,50€ at once (or if I want to spend more/less) I just could "charge" my "Prepaid-Discount-Wallet".

For example:

I want to give you 10€ - I charge my "Prepaid-Discount-Wallet" (PDW) and you have the money instantly which helps the development - I then can select how high the discount on a copy of the game bought via my affiliated link is and how many people should get the discount.

Some possible distributions would be:

1000 people get 1ct discount and pay 12,49€ instead of 12,50€ when they buy it via my affiliated link.

100 people get 10ct discount and pay 12,40€ instead of 12,50€ when they buy it via my affiliated link.

10 people get 1€ discount and buy it for 11,50,€ instead of 12,50€ when they buy it via my affiliated link.

1 person gets 10€ discount and buys it for 2,50€ instead of 12,50€ when he buys it via my affiliated link.

I should be completly free in distributing the money so I could also say (of course in more than one step - so the tool they need to programm on the website does not get too complicated) "2 people get a 1€ discount, 10 get a 34ct discount and 20 get a 1ct discount" - the remaining money stays in the wallet and I can distribute it later if I want.

Also the person who posted the link should get a counter (on the profile and in the games main menu) which shows him/her how many people bought it via that link (even if the wallet is empty and there is no discount available at the moment).

People who click the link should also see how many of the copies with a certain discount are already sold so they don't think you try to trick them.

Every discount option should have an own link with which I can sahre them - maybe I want to send one to 5 of my friends where they get 1€ and maybe I want to post one under my 100th factorio video where 100 people get 1ct discount.

If people click and old link where all the discounted copies are already sold they will see a window saying "0/10 copies for 10€ available - do you want to buy the game for the full price of 12,50€?"

If you don't understand what I am trying to say in a certain sentence of paragraph just ask me to clarify it - since english is not my native language.

-Nic
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Prepaid discount and affiliated links

Post by ssilk »

Hm. This is not a suggestion, which can be decided by the community. I recommend to contact the devs directly.

http://www.factorio.com/contact
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Prepaid discount and affiliated links

Post by Nic »

I will do so.
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”