New Machine

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Shocker
Inserter
Inserter

New Machine

Post by Shocker »

While playing the game, I was thinking to myself some idea's for this game. That is when it came to me, a machine that accepts object's in one input and outputs different objects. You're probably thinking, umm yeah furnace...Well no, actually something completely different. I'm talking about say you input 32 Iron plates and the output of doing so maybe 2-3 objects used to build some other piece of machinery. I feel this machine could both up the difficulty to make certain objects, due to the fact the processing time on it, and having to know what to put in to be able to get something else.

I feel a machine like this would end up using tons of power, I mean come on it is taking a bunch of objects and outputting something completely different. Also due to the fact that the machine takes a good amount of time to go through the process, it will eat up power. The downside to using a machine so complex.

The next thing is, the machine size and what it may look like. Well personally I feel that it would be a fairly large machine, and quite bulky. Therefore in game I think it should be somewhere around the size of 2 Mining drills, an estimate.

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Re: New Machine

Post by DragonPox90210 »

This new machine sounds like something from equivalent exchange, so different items would have different values and it compresses them into a desired part? It would be funny if it looked like a trash compacter- some huge device that takes in lots of scrap but squeezes out some tiny object :P
maybe something like this?
http://www.google.ca/imgres?hl=en&safe= ... 157&ty=128

Shocker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shocker »

DragonPox90210 wrote:This new machine sounds like something from equivalent exchange, so different items would have different values and it compresses them into a desired part? It would be funny if it looked like a trash compacter- some huge device that takes in lots of scrap but squeezes out some tiny object :P
maybe something like this?
http://www.google.ca/imgres?hl=en&safe= ... 157&ty=128
Ehh' the equivalent exchange thing is way off then what I was thinking, I wouldn't want that. I'm talking about something that give's you probably less then what you gave, but that one thing is an important piece to another machine or weapon of some sort. Basically it's something to add some difficulty, but also more use's for the basic materials.

kwiz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kwiz »

Such as a boat-load of advanced circuits for some alien artifacts? There already is a system sort of similar to this in the item crafting process itself. Just look at the belts and underground belts.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”