Add version 12.10 to experimental builds?

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Lumikins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Add version 12.10 to experimental builds?

Post by Lumikins »

Hello,

Would it be too much trouble to ask for Factorio version 12.10 be added to the experimental releases list? Reason I ask is because a lion's share of the past mods (ie Dytech and many other 11.x) mods all run with 12.10. It would be nice if this could be added to Steam as a private beta as well for people interested in playing with the huge number of 11.x mods. As of writing factoriomods.com lists 196 mods for 11.x vs 110 for 12.x and many of the 11.x mods were much bigger. I'm thinking it would be great for people who wanted to try many of the great older mods as many are now abandoned. Thanks.

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Add version 12.10 to experimental builds?

Post by ske »

It's being told that the steam release will use 12.23. I'm guessing that following 12.xx-versions are only minor bugfixes and backwards compatible with mods. So bring your mods up to 12.22/23 and they will be supported for a long time. Since 12.10 a lot has been happening and it makes no sense to support the old and buggy version.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Add version 12.10 to experimental builds?

Post by ssilk »

This will not come per sure, we already had that discussion, I'm sorry. :(
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =5&t=19503 Location of download for semi-old Factorio versions?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”