Biters In The Early Game

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

azoundria
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Biters In The Early Game

Post by azoundria »

Once you have lasers and a decent technology, I don't find the biters are impossible anymore. It's only in the early game that it's very frustrating. It's easy to get into impossible scenarios, before you have a chance to build much. I feel it should be possible to outrun the enemies, especially the larger biters. At least in this way, you can start a second base elsewhere.

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Biters In The Early Game

Post by rk84 »

Yea it would be nice if they would give up at some point.

Like I bumped into single medium biter and I couldn't take it out with submachine gun or shotgun. So I took cover in nearby forrest and it came after me. Destroying trees like mad. I was able to outrun it, but still it did not give up. Mayby if I had placed down other target for it to destroy, I could have made it.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

i find the small biters to be fine, but the fact that medium biters have 5X the health plus have a physical resistance,

the resistance means that meduim biters seem to ignore 1 out of every two regular shots and only get one damage per piercing bullet.

then the big biters have 5X more health and twice the resistance, meaning they ignore every other piercing shot.

this is mitigated with research, but the med/big biters also have explosion resistance, meaning that laser is the only attack which does full damage. and to me that meant its the only one worth using.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Dakkanor wrote:i find the small biters to be fine, but the fact that medium biters have 5X the health plus have a physical resistance,

the resistance means that meduim biters seem to ignore 1 out of every two regular shots and only get one damage per piercing bullet.

then the big biters have 5X more health and twice the resistance, meaning they ignore every other piercing shot.

this is mitigated with research, but the med/big biters also have explosion resistance, meaning that laser is the only attack which does full damage. and to me that meant its the only one worth using.
In 0.7.1, there will be gun turrets damage bonus research. With that, and other bullet researches these can be used to defend as well.
But yes, making heavy biters nearly immune to basic weapons was the goal, using combat shotgun with piercing shells isn't so advanced technology and it works quite well.

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

Instead of this, there are now the bonus researches for weapons.

Not implemented.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”