Time for research lab

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ctt13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Time for research lab

Post by ctt13 »

Yeah this is getting a bit ridiculous. About 20 minutes of waiting for crafting/researching. You should probably halve the time it takes. I don't want to have to wait hours without playing this spectacular game.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Time for research lab

Post by ratchetfreak »

add more research labs then, you are not limited to 1 research lab.

The name of the game is parallelization of everything if you don't you will end up with bottlenecks which can easily be solved by adding another X (assembler, inserter, mining-drill, belt,...)

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

ratchetfreak wrote:add more research labs then, you are not limited to 1 research lab.

The name of the game is parallelization of everything if you don't you will end up with bottlenecks which can easily be solved by adding another X (assembler, inserter, mining-drill, belt,...)
Indeed. I almost always add more Assembler Machines per item that I need, just so that my factory has over-capacity that can be tapped in cases of need. Likewise with Labs I tend to go for 20 Labs just so I can get each science haul done with quickly, although I do tend to think that perhaps 10 is enough. Idle Labs don't use power, anyway, so their only cost is the materials used to initially build them (although to be honest I'm still not 100% clear on what counts as "idle" and what doesn't).

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

When in doubt, build more labs. If it's too slow, build more factory. If you can zoom out and fit your whole factory in view, it is not enuff factory.

ctt13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ctt13 »

Thanks for this. I thought that I could only use 1 science lab :P

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”