Artillery Wagon Inactivity Change

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Artillery Wagon Inactivity Change

Post by DRY411S »

TL;DR
Do not count the time an artillery wagon spends scanning chunks as train activity
What ?
Whilst an artillery wagon is scanning chunks for nests/worms to fire at, the whole train is in an 'active' state.
I would like artillery wagon to be excluded as a measure of the train's activity.
Less desirable, there could be some kind of feedback to the player that the wagon is active. Maybe an animated radar dish?
Why ?
Artillery trains can stand for too long at stations, not firing, while scans of huge areas take place.
They appear to be inactive, there's no visual indicator that I can see that shows they are active, or in the train order either.
It's confusing for players that this is the reason an artillery train is not moving off.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Artillery Wagon Inactivity Change

Post by Illiander42 »

This would break train schedules that use "2 seconds inactive or empty" as their firing station condition.

With your suggestion, how would you have a train sit at a station until the artillery wagons have cleared all nests in range OR it's out of ammo?

Think one train handling multiple firing stations along the perimiter and mostly only dealing with expansion parties, so most of the time it doesn't even shoot anything.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Artillery Wagon Inactivity Change

Post by Rseding91 »

What you describe to remove is exactly how they were programmed and intended to function. Moving to outdated/won't implement.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”