Multiplayer and plugins without login in the game

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mcgiwer
Inserter
Inserter

Multiplayer and plugins without login in the game

Post by mcgiwer »

Hello. My proposal is that access to the plugins and multiplayer mode should not be dependant from if the user is logged in the game or not.

If a user would like to host local server to play with friends without accessing Factorio network, then login should not be required.

Similiar thing goes for accessing any plugins. I don't see any meaning in need to login in the game, while same thing is avaliable without the website without it.

Above would also solve the issue in with when the person is unable to login then some game functionality becomes disabled

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Multiplayer and plugins without login in the game

Post by Nidan »

mcgiwer wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:14 am
If a user would like to host local server to play with friends without accessing Factorio network, then login should not be required.
This is possible, but you have to disable user verification on the server.
Similiar thing goes for accessing any plugins. I don't see any meaning in need to login in the game, while same thing is avaliable without the website without it.
By plugins you mean mods? You have to log in to download mods, both ingame and on https://mods.factorio.com.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

mcgiwer wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:14 am
Hello. My proposal is that access to the plugins and multiplayer mode should not be dependant from if the user is logged in the game or not.

Above would also solve the issue in with when the person is unable to login then some game functionality becomes disabled
I think it's a fair license check. It's way fairer than any drm or other similar measurements couldve been.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

mcgiwer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mcgiwer »

Hello and thanks for the answer.

I had made this proposal due the recently reported issue making me unable to login into the game, even if I have a valid license and have given correct login and password (I had even tryed the hashed key displayed in my profile). Neither had worked

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

mcgiwer wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:08 pm
Hello and thanks for the answer.

I had made this proposal due the recently reported issue making me unable to login into the game, even if I have a valid license and have given correct login and password (I had even tryed the hashed key displayed in my profile). Neither had worked
You mean like with this help thread here where you didn't get back to some of posts attempting to help you?
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=108997&p=593199#p593199
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You don't need to log in to play multiplayer, you need to to play on servers with user verification.

mcgiwer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mcgiwer »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:24 pm

You mean like with this help thread here where you didn't get back to some of posts attempting to help you?
Sorry for not answering earlier, but there was an blackout here, plus I was in the middle of changing the internet provider.

I'm currently on phone, so I rewrite a brief output of the given command.
After the header and SSL-Session, Start Time and Timeout: 300 sec, there was a message:

```
Verify Return Code: 20
---
read:errno=0
```

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

mcgiwer wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:39 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:24 pm

Sorry for not answering earlier, but there was an blackout here, plus I was in the middle of changing the internet provider.

I'm currently on phone, so I rewrite a brief output of the given command.
After the header and SSL-Session, Start Time and Timeout: 300 sec, there was a message:

```
Verify Return Code: 20
---
read:errno=0
```
There was an additional response in that other thread, and you should respond in that thread to keep it all together.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”