Disabled train stop penalty reduction

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

spaghetsie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Disabled train stop penalty reduction

Post by spaghetsie »

TL;DR
Disabled train stops should have a lowered path-finding penalty compared to enabled stops

What ?
An enabled train stop should have a higher pathing penalty than disabled stations have.
In a scenario like this:
train scenario
The train would choose the left path because the right one contains an enabled train stop but the left one a disabled train stop.
Why ?
It would enable players to adjust train pathing preferences using the circuit network. This way players could stack multiple (filler) train stations and then, using the circuit network, control how many of them are enabled - directly adjusting that paths "priority".
By only lowering the penalty of disabled stops (perhaps halving it) it wouldn't affect existing rail networks much, if at all - as a free path would still be highly prefered over a path with a disabled stop on it.

Idea which aims to do the same but differently: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20233f=80&t=21899 (I am aware of the list)
I believe my suggestion is better because it doesn't require a new building to function and only modifies existing behaviour of train stops. It requires minimal changes for much better control of trains

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Disabled train stop penalty reduction

Post by boskid »

I am not going to add any new features around train stop disabling since train stop disabling will be removed in 1.2

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”