Crafting Update Idea

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SuperObeseNinja
Inserter
Inserter

Crafting Update Idea

Post by SuperObeseNinja »

Just a small suggestion I'd like to see implemented if possible.

When crafting an item (lets say a science lab) when crafting 5 in a stack, when you cancel one of them it cancels the one being made (instead of just removing one from the que) is their a reason for this? if not could it be changed so that when canceling item production you don't cancel the progress on the current item being cafted?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Crafting Update Idea

Post by ssilk »

The reason for this is, that if you craft an item, the items are taken from your inventory and are "silently hidden on some strange place". Until it is crafted. This strange place can be much bigger, than your current inventory.

So you can imagine this: The number of items, needed for crafting a number of items is calculated before it is pushed into the crafting queue.
And this process is not completely reversible. For most cases of course yes, but not all and not generally.

The point is, if you enable to stop crafting of just one item out of a list of many, that have been calculated as whole, this can be used to cheat. Because there are inevitable calculation rounding "errors". (*)

So I think: No, this will not come because handling all the edge-cases is really a mess. And I think also it is a game element: You need to think a bit, what you want to craft, in which order, how many.
And there are really many suggestions about better crafting, more information and so on, so I think with such improvements this will not be needed anymore.

(*) Maybe someone more clever and with more time can construct such a case?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”