Laptop Battery Notification

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DigitalShadow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Laptop Battery Notification

Post by DigitalShadow »

So while playing today, my laptop's power cord came unplugged at some point, and eventually died. I'm guessing factorio must end up blocking system notifications. I can understand the logic behind that, for more seamless gameplay. Would it be possible to implement an in-game warning for low battery/unplugged?

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Laptop Battery Notification

Post by Distelzombie »

I dont think so. But you can probably run a program on that trigger that goes into foreground. In windows at least. Using task schedular and a python script maybe.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

At the very least set up your computer to hibernate when on low power so you don't lose anything :) but I doubt the Devs will want to include OS feature integration that has to work cross platform and for some people (like desktop users) just wouldn't make sense

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This is definitely the operating system task (or the manufactor), not Factorio's.
For example: On my MacBook this works without problems.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”