Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by Fatmice »

There is no such thing as loss of water upon condensation. It is simply a boo boo. We had discussed this before.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Fatmice wrote:There is no such thing as loss of water upon condensation. It is simply a boo boo. We had discussed this before.
I feel dirty crafting all these super awesome new toys for 1 iron plate a pop. New black magic to provide fuel for this thing... Powered by space insect juices.... Yummy!

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I made boo boos too. I had been bashing my head on my own code for the last three hours...all because of scope and pairs vs ipairs. :roll:

Here's the new and improved code for yi-engines.
yi-engines
Steam Fix

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yuoki bad, Yuoki made another boo boo and caused all of the ye-farms input to invert. Here's fix. Remember that the order of inputs is how they will appear. If you add new inputs, always add them below the previous as to not touch the position of the existing ones.
Farm Inputs
I'm going to do my recordings of your mod today and tomorrow. I would appreciated if you don't do any major patching right after the recordings. :P

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:Yuoki bad, Yuoki made another boo boo and caused all of the ye-farms input to invert. Here's fix. Remember that the order of inputs is how they will appear. If you add new inputs, always add them below the previous as to not touch the position of the existing ones.
- not really because inputs and what goes in appear in recipe order ... and simple rotate the farm is not a real problem in my opinion (also i you change the recipe it takes water from both sides.) - but it's changed.
- for steam -> condensate i will edit this
MantisShrimp wrote:
Fatmice wrote:There is no such thing as loss of water upon condensation. It is simply a boo boo. We had discussed this before.
I feel dirty crafting all these super awesome new toys for 1 iron plate a pop. New black magic to provide fuel for this thing... Powered by space insect juices.... Yummy!
hmm ... Ranch, Handle-machinery should have correct recipes ... except WIP-Icons ... if not please reset your recipes. And WIP Icons (entitys) are maybe changed in size and function in future. Don't trust them to much. But for experiments and see what is possible in factorio its a good first look.
I still thinking about the new Opportunities because trading DNA through Laika-Gate can allow new fruits and animals ;) - maybe i change the entry-recipes to buy these for reputation.
Djohaal wrote:I assume that could be to simulate losses on the process.
Anyway, I'm in love with this mod, the new content is incredbly fun to play with and also very pretty.
An issue I noticed with the mod is the balance on the craft time. Even complex machines can be assembled in little under a minute manually because almost everything takes 0.5 or 1 time unit to craft. I could provide a list of rebalance suggestions to make automating some production lines more worthwhile.
Another issue is spelling and grammar on the asset text. I could also provide cleaned up text if it is of interest. :mrgreen:
- for me it's a pain to crafting a vanilla-assembly-3 in hand without haveing speed-moduls in inventory. i think i can do better things with my time instead of watching the slow build-process. so i will only accept time-suggestions for products you never/rarely craft in hand - and my pain barrier is around 3-5 seconds ^^
- your help is welcome - time suggestions and translation.

download the version yi_engines 0.1.5 again - i have added all changes & code. ->Jump to Download

Djohaal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Djohaal »

I was thinking about adjusting some of the production times for intermediate products (machine cases, etc).

Anyway here's a en locale folder with some adjustments:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27511862/En/en.rar

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

YuokiTani wrote: hmm ... Ranch, Handle-machinery should have correct recipes ... except WIP-Icons ... if not please reset your recipes. And WIP Icons (entitys) are maybe changed in size and function in future. Don't trust them to much. But for experiments and see what is possible in factorio its a good first look.
I still thinking about the new Opportunities because trading DNA through Laika-Gate can allow new fruits and animals ;) - maybe i change the entry-recipes to buy these for reputation.
Yeah, only the WIP are 1 iron plate each. The other ones are as is.

I redownloaded the most recent version of YI and while the newer train engines show up on my request list, they're not in my crafting list like the other 3 are. You mentioned something about resetting my recipes? What does that mean?

Also, I noticed the Evil Sunz's description. Do you play 40k or something?

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Gun-T/2 Texture is switched for Gun-T texture when it goes from idle to firing. Also muzzle flash is in wierd place.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:I'm going to do my recordings of your mod today and tomorrow. I would appreciated if you don't do any major patching right after the recordings. :P
no changes next weeks ... only small gfx-patches for hardic-walls, laser-defense (again ^^), crystal-accumulator, substaion-m - for yi_engines finishing gfx and give WIP's a recipe.
MantisShrimp wrote:I redownloaded the most recent version of YI and while the newer train engines show up on my request list, they're not in my crafting list like the other 3 are. You mentioned something about resetting my recipes? What does that mean?
Also, I noticed the Evil Sunz's description. Do you play 40k or something?
this effect applys if you have research the trains ... maybe someone knows how to reset the research for this (research enable the recipes)
for all other wrong recipes in console: /c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
yes i'am wh40k fan - but i only collected (<-past) books (imperial armour and the novels) - beside that some people really believe red is faster and buy only red cars. ^^
oLaudix wrote:Gun-T/2 Texture is switched for Gun-T texture when it goes from idle to firing. Also muzzle flash is in wierd place.
i fix this now (edit only 1 number wrong ^^), but i hope you can wait until next version download.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

I already researched the research and then I download the newer file, so I think that's why it's not showing up. I used the command you posted as well as

/c for n,t in pairs(game.player.force.technologies) do t.researched=t.enabled end

and still nothing. However, when I start a new game and use that above command, I get the new train... I think I just need to reload to a YI version where the tech isn't in and then upgrade and research it again.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Yuoki. You might wanna include a migration script in your next version with the following:

Code: Select all

for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  force.reset_recipes()
  force.reset_technologies()
end 
That can be written in the console like so if you want to trye it out right now ;)!:

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.reset_recipes() force.reset_technologies() end
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:I already researched the research and then I download the newer file, so I think that's why it's not showing up. I used the command you posted as well as /c for n,t in pairs(game.player.force.technologies) do t.researched=t.enabled end
and still nothing. However, when I start a new game and use that above command, I get the new train... I think I just need to reload to a YI version where the tech isn't in and then upgrade and research it again.
i think setting in prototypes/objects/y_railway.lua in first 50 lines enabled = true (or rename the technologys) is easier as testing different versions.
i had before only 2 technologys and not for long ... i'am not suprised that factorio trolls you and me with this technology-crap. (same feature on my test-save^^)
jorgenRe wrote:Yuoki. You might wanna include a migration script in your next version with the following:

for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  force.reset_recipes()
  force.reset_technologies()
end 
That can be written in the console like so if you want to trye it out right now ;)!:

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.reset_recipes() force.reset_technologies() end
yes, i will take it.
provided, the migration-script itself not crash ... last time i had nice ingame-crashes ... so i prefer the hard/easier way -> rename recipes and stuff.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

@YoukiTani

I just roll back to a previous version, saved and then upgrade and it works. The problem now is all my fancy 2x2 walls disappeared. Lol. That's an easier fix though. I feel like this Evil Sunz engine should have flames on the side. Cause flames also make things go faster.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

As promised, I've started to upload my recordings of Yuoki Industries.

You can follow this playlist as it is being populated

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QXOXoLg23S

I would appreciated if Yuoki would watch every minute of it to make sure I didn't give any misinformation. :lol:

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:I would appreciated if Yuoki would watch every minute of it to make sure I didn't give any misinformation. :lol:
of course i will watch it.

and it's in understandable english - thats far better as my videos :)

first you should explain why you not in a standard armor - and walk around as mech ;) - i think this will confuse most players directly ;)
- some of the recipes like dirt ->n4/f7 dust are in to prevent players get stuck, it's more washing out the useful stuff - like gold-digger/searcher ;) - good explained in video 2
- blue is like iron more a construction material
- green is a material that can contain or support charge, not nesseary electricity but can, also magnetic
- orange is a addition to get special/better electric, supra-electric effects that can't be covered by green. - so it's for advanced electric-stuff

After watching all, i will link the videos at the start/download-Thread.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote: first you should explain why you not in a standard armor - and walk around as mech ;) - i think this will confuse most players directly ;)
I was in a mech for that very reason :lol: Maybe they should continue to watch the entire series only to find out how to get in such a mech.
YuokiTani wrote: - blue is like iron more a construction material
- green is a material that can contain or support charge, not nesseary electricity but can, also magnetic
- orange is a addition to get special/better electric, supra-electric effects that can't be covered by green. - so it's for advanced electric-stuff
I will incorporate these into the next set of recordings to cover YI-Energy. It should be uploaded tomorrow.

Atomica89 LP
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Atomica89 LP »

Mein kleiner Hauptbahnhof im HQ. Schön mit den Yuoki Zügen. Ein Durchfahrtsgleis ganz links, Gleis 1-3 und ganz Rechts steht der "Arbeitszug", der nur fährt, wenn ich den benötige (z.B. zum Außenposten aufbauen). Südlich sind noch weitere Gleise, für Unicomp und Grüne Brocken. und auch da ein Durchfahrtsgleis. ^^ English People, please don't worry. My english is not so good. :)
Attachments
Yuoki Züge.jpg
Yuoki Züge.jpg (934.04 KiB) Viewed 5903 times

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Atomica89 LP wrote:Mein kleiner Hauptbahnhof im HQ. Schön mit den Yuoki Zügen. Ein Durchfahrtsgleis ganz links, Gleis 1-3 und ganz Rechts steht der "Arbeitszug", der nur fährt, wenn ich den benötige (z.B. zum Außenposten aufbauen). Südlich sind noch weitere Gleise, für Unicomp und Grüne Brocken. und auch da ein Durchfahrtsgleis. ^^ English People, please don't worry. My english is not so good. :)
(züm gluck bin ich nicht eine English person :P)(aber ich bin nicht Deutsch auch :( )
Ich finde, dass es sehr gut aus sieht ^_^
Hoffentlich kann es Yuoki tank wagon(oil wagon)(ja vielleich ein neue Panzer auch :P) auch kommen, weil ich sieben sehr gute Öl spots gefunden habe! :D (ist habe nach gefunden richtig)?
English:
I think that looks pretty nice!
Hopefully Yuoki can create a tank wagon, because i found seven really nice oil spots! :D! (random grammar question)?
Last edited by jorgenRe on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logo

Atomica89 LP
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Atomica89 LP »

"...weil ich sieben sehr gute Öl spots gefunden habe! :D (ist habe nach gefunden richtig)?
So, wie du den Satz zusammen gestellt hast, ist es richtig. :)

Ja, tankzüge wären echt cool.

Ich fände auch Detektor-Schienen ganz cool, um diese mit dem Netzwerk verbinden zu können. Jedesmal, wenn ein Zug darüber fährt, gibt die Schiene ein Signal aus, das könnte man nutzen, um damit eine Rote Lampe anzusteuern.
Damit würde man weniger Gefahr laufen, von einem Zug überfahren zu werden. Yuoki? Ist da was möglich?

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Atomica89 LP wrote: Ich fände auch Detektor-Schienen ganz cool, um diese mit dem Netzwerk verbinden zu können. Jedesmal, wenn ein Zug darüber fährt, gibt die Schiene ein Signal aus, das könnte man nutzen, um damit eine Rote Lampe anzusteuern.
Damit würde man weniger Gefahr laufen, von einem Zug überfahren zu werden. Yuoki? Ist da was möglich?
Ja das ist möglich :D!
English:
Yes thats possible!
Last edited by jorgenRe on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logo

Return to “Yuoki Industries”