Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

RadioMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by RadioMan »

These indicator lamps are really cool, just a question, will you also make it possible to have them communicate with the logistics system and/or with the new logic gates (atleast that's what I think they are, haven't played with those yet)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote: - fatmice used the new overheater -> steam-turbine - setup ... this gives ~ 62 MW stable if you can start and manage this beast :) (sample shown in yi_engines thread with 50 MW generator)
That's weak sauce Yuoki. Only 62 MW? My build gives 94 MW with 87 MW pure gravy. But Shhhsss, I won't tell. This one I will keep close to me. :lol:
orzelek wrote:I would really like to play with this stuff - I always have problems to find out what goes where and connects to what. I find it easier to put up complete electronics chain in bob's mods then put up one of those generator chains properly :D

There are nice screenshots around here - they don't help that much in understanding what works and how. And for some reason I'm not the one to watch youtube movies - I need a text description :D. And thats hard to find around unless I missed it somewhere?
(And item descriptions had funny stuff in them last time I looked - not helpful to make proper use of them :D)
I'm presenting 3 different power builds below, all very complicated.
MantisShrimp wrote: I favor the red and blue turbines more, simply because of how they look. Though so far, this is about the most Rensuir turbines I can get running. I don't know what kind of black magic Fatmice is using in those pictures he post a couple pages back, but nothing I've tried runs that many Rensuirs. I've tried adding more water pumps but even when the extreme capacity pipes it's still not enough, the pumps end up stopping because the pipes are full of water. It's not that the boilers aren't getting enough water, they're sitting at 1.1k-1.5k of water, it's that they're not putting out hot water fast enough. I think I'm going to try a buffer of tanks for the hot water and see if I can get more generator going. I added another of those power stack and I think it generates 150 MW or something, just barely enough to run the infusers, all of which are -80% power and 275% speed (I think). They make more than enough crystals to keep the boilers running. Needless to say, these things produce MASSIVE amount of pollution.

I'm going to try Instable Quantium or whatever in that spinny machine thing to generate mechanical power. I just love how that thing look.
This kind of blackmagic?

***Blueprint string requires all of Yuoki's mod and addon installed. All builds require the use of rank 2 efficiency modules where they can be inserted. Do not skimp on them.

This build is so tasty that I want to eat it. What you're seeing is corn being turned into pure energy. You will want to combine this with my Rabio farm build to get the fuel needed to feed the Rheinsberg. The left over after feeding the farms and implements is over 30 MW. You will get more Rabio than you will know what to do with them, so tile out another of this build and get even more energy, almost for free. :D
Blackmagic1.png
Blackmagic1.png (4.52 MiB) Viewed 7261 times
blueprintstring
I'm just showing the power rating here.
Blackmagic2.png
Blackmagic2.png (3.81 MiB) Viewed 7261 times
Like the above builds, this one has a similar power rating. I made this one to test out how instable quantrinum is, and I must say, it is quite instable. :lol: The unicomp expenditure is the highest with this build so I would call this a novelty build. It is pretty to look at but not practical because I am very much of Scrooge so I don't like to spend my unicomp unnecessarily. I would prefer that my unicomp be sitting in tanks. There is an upside to this build though and it is that you can burn unicomp directly to generate the MF needed. So if you don't want to make the entire left chain just to make instable quantrinum, go ahead and plop those nice purple pills into that quantrinum reactor. Don't forget rank 2 efficiency modules.
Blackmagic3.png
Blackmagic3.png (4.54 MiB) Viewed 7261 times
Blueprintstring
This one is what I considered "normal" build for Obninsk+Rensuir. You feed the steel chest some unicomp to be infused into Transmuted UCA2. Due to the nature of this build, you get ~25 MW for free :D . So just tile this as needed. No need to worry about pollution. My engine has your back and the biters won't even know what is going on right under their noses. How the build works is through efficiency modules. You slot two rank 2 modules into the infuser and this lowers the energy usage to 20 MW. You infused one unicomp for 60s, so you spent 1.2 GJ and get a an infused unicomp that's worth 3 GJ, which net you 1.8 GJ. The second Obninsk is where you spend your extra energy. You need at least 8 of those water producers or be next to a nice area with a flat coast. You only need to use normal pipes if you place them carefully.
NormalMagic1.png
NormalMagic1.png (4.52 MiB) Viewed 7261 times
BlueprintString
Introducing Fatmice the farmer. This is Farming Simulator 3015, or whatever year this is. :D This particular build took me all weekend to "perfect," as in I am happy with how it looks. You can not believe the amount of corn that comes out of each chunk of farm, so the blue belts are a must. If you are going to farm, you shouldn't be skimping on the investments. Yuoki rewards you for thinking big. :lol: So what does this build do actually? What this build does is farm corn and turn them into vegetable oil and from there converted to lubricant and then into unicomp. I swear this is the best use of nine chunks of space you will ever do with Yuoki industries. This build spits out 84 unicomp/min, till eternity. Be wary, it is very resource intensive, and you must put rank 2 efficiency modules into all of the buildings that can accept them. The blueprint string that I gave you only place 1/3 of what's shown since the other 2/3 are tillable from the blueprint.
CornFarm.png
CornFarm.png (4.28 MiB) Viewed 7261 times
Blueprintstring
Tired of farming corn? Farm corn + vugarcane (sugarcane) next! Why Farmer Fatmice is insisting on trying out vugarcane? Because burning solid fuel is so yesterday. If RedBull gives you wings, Rabio will catapult you into space. At 80 MJ a piece, this thing is not only renewable, it is instable. I didn't know instable is a word...Maybe Yuoki was smoking something at the time and caught on fire? :lol: Grow vugarcane today and get rid of your tangle mess of pipes and chemical factories to make solid fuel. The natives will thank you. Not convinced? This build gives around 40 Rabio / min + 20 Unicomp / min and nary a drop of pollution. Remember to use rank 2 efficiency modules in all buildings that can accept them.
RabioFarm.png
RabioFarm.png (4.04 MiB) Viewed 7261 times
blueprintstring
Last edited by Fatmice on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Solar wrote:Hi there,
I would like to try your mod pack but are you able to release a new version the new stable build for Factorio.yin
Also is it possible to add a dependency list in your download section down the version required including the base game requirement.
I am looking forward in trying out your mod pack, look like a challenge :)
Cheers,
Solar
factorio 0.11 - YI until 0.2.29
factorio 0.12 - YI 0.2.32

addons require Yuoki-Industries 0.2.32 <- YI-Engines <- YI-PFW
RadioMan wrote:These indicator lamps are really cool, just a question, will you also make it possible to have them communicate with the logistics system and/or with the new logic gates (atleast that's what I think they are, haven't played with those yet)
They have the same behavoir as vanilla-lamps -> includes all logistic options. (shown in video)

@Fatmice
awesome and crazy builds. very nice to see what all is possible :) - thanks for the screenshots.
interesting that the rheinsberg/obnisnk is better as a gearbox to power up the mf. (i will try this also)

-----

rensuir are primary-energy (run always) ... don't use if you want solar-power (can make you invest into solar-panels useless).

RadioMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RadioMan »

YuokiTani wrote:
RadioMan wrote:These indicator lamps are really cool, just a question, will you also make it possible to have them communicate with the logistics system and/or with the new logic gates (atleast that's what I think they are, haven't played with those yet)
They have the same behavoir as vanilla-lamps -> includes all logistic options. (shown in video)
Ok, don't think you understood my question completely, I meant to say if it's possible to check the logistic system, like you can with smart inserters for example and that it will light up when for instance my advanced circuits (which is stored in multiple provider chests) gets below a certain number.

I think what you tried to say is that you can do the same with normal vanilla lamps, so I might have to ask this question to the factorio devs, but then again maybe a modder thinks this is a nice idea and can make these changes himself ;)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

RadioMan wrote: Ok, don't think you understood my question completely, I meant to say if it's possible to check the logistic system, like you can with smart inserters for example and that it will light up when for instance my advanced circuits (which is stored in multiple provider chests) gets below a certain number.

I think what you tried to say is that you can do the same with normal vanilla lamps, so I might have to ask this question to the factorio devs, but then again maybe a modder thinks this is a nice idea and can make these changes himself ;)
I think you misunderstood him. He answered you perfectly. Did you watch his video? ;)
YuokiTani wrote:[
awesome and crazy builds. very nice to see what all is possible :) - thanks for the screenshots.
interesting that the rheinsberg/obnisnk is better as a gearbox to power up the mf. (i will try this also)

-----

rensuir are primary-energy (run always) ... don't use if you want solar-power (can make you invest into solar-panels useless).
Who needs solar when you have corn and vulgarcane? Pretend they are real plants that soak up the Sun's energy.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Screenshots and blueprint strings are nice - they still don't explain how stuff works and how to touch mechanical power;)

I'm staying with better ammo and easy to make efficiency modules that help a ton when playing with bob's mods that make module production very complex.

RadioMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RadioMan »

Fatmice wrote:I think you misunderstood him. He answered you perfectly. Did you watch his video? ;)
Now I am even more confused, so it does connect to the logistic system, well I better watch the video again (luckilly I understand german), couldn't connect to a chest no other than with a green wire if I didn't connect them with a green wire like with smart inserters, the lamp gui wasn't opening up.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

orzelek wrote:Screenshots and blueprint strings are nice - they still don't explain how stuff works and how to touch mechanical power;)
I'm staying with better ammo and easy to make efficiency modules that help a ton when playing with bob's mods that make module production very complex.
okay ... this is good and that's the mod. it gives you stuff if you needed this. if you have no power-problems or like solar-panels, have replicator-mod or no ressource issues and not bored of vanilla then is no reason to go deeper into YI. Addon PFW is a factory/organisation-puzzle to get profit (UC-A2).

beside Ammo, Turrets, Chests, Steam-Engines, Accumulators, Generators, Miners, Walls etc. like other mods gives YI - Universal Composite A2 - a Material that can turned into all other raw-material and raw-material can turned into UC-A2 so it's nearly a currency. To make big builds, or going for PFW you need Energy and a lot of UC-A2. Fatmice builds and solutions are for max. output of UC-A2, because enough UC-A2 frees you to do other things.

yi_engines and MF - the game has a limit so i can only get 30fluid/tick through one fluidbox. a vanilla-steam engine consumes 0.1 fluid/tick ... the 14.7-S 3.27 f/t ... to break the game restrictions a better fluid with higher heat-capacity is needed and thats MF. This makes it possible with game-mechanic running bigger and bigger generators.
heating MF in a normal boiler would make the whole things pointless because then you can go with water and normal boilers. so the gearbox bump the MF hydraulic-fluid from 0 Pressure to 100 Pressure let's say 1 and consumes a little bit. this equals 10 water from 15 to 115 °C - in return the steam-engines take only 1/10 MF for 511 kW output. but mf is thicker and flow slowly. the magic is now to find a good balance to generate mf and use, because only with some backpressure in the pipes/tanks the mf works good. you need more thinking about what you build and how you setup. for beginning use some e-motors or fluid-fuel-engines and generate MF into a tank. from this tank you pipe this into a gearbox to 100 or more and in another tank. if you have some pressured MF connect a steam-engine or generator and watch the fluid-level in the tank. if not drop you can add more steam-engines (or turbines)

with a obnisnk or rheinsberg you cant go wrong - both are bigger vanilla-boilers with 25 MW and 50 MW - to feed you need better fuel. i suggest 50 MJ+ fuel. for 1 input you need 3 offshore pumps - on the outside you don't connect the pipes. connect what you want, but i use 14.7MW+9.7 MW or 2x Rensuir or 2x 9.7-S + 2x 3.3-S. It consumes only the fuel it needs.

most yuoki-industrie -recipes provides a different way to make vanilla-stuff (Batterys, Alien-Artefacs). if you have no need for this you don't need to think about.

maybe more questions now than before ^^

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

Some mild criticism here, hope that's ok.

Basically, your turrets are so good they make vanilla turrets obsolete. They do this without requiring any higher tech research, and in some cases now cost significantly LESS resources (though a little of that is blue stuff).

I like the power level they're at, but I'd quite like either their cost or their technology requirement to be increased significantly if you're aiming to match vanilla balance with the new 0.12 turrets. Ideally, there'd be reasons to use vanilla and reasons to use yours, depending on how much you need and how many resources of different types you have to hand.

As a suggestion, maybe increase the amount of blue stuff (for gun turrets) and blue AND green stuff (for laser turrets) significantly. That would at the very least make it a tradeoff - if I have lots of iron and copper, vanilla turrets would be less 'expensive', wheras if I have lots of durotal and fuelnium, I should consider building yours instead as they are better. I'd really prefer both - maybe the laser turrets require a higher rank of battery or accumulator that needs a crystal or something, and the gun turrets require fast inserters or i dunno, electric engines? (Side note: How DO vanilla gun turrets rotate without electricity? Maybe the world will never know. Or they use the same infinite torque transport belts have...) Obviously, if you have lots of resources and energy, you can turn that into however many turrets you please, so having them diverse from vanilla in other ways is good too, but this seems like a quick short term solution that requires almost no effort.

I realize the balancing on all of this stuff is probably not final, especially with 0.12 still being new, but I hope you appreciate some feedback on it!

Edit: A bit more balance... Did you know you can turn petroleum gas into Unicomp, then the Unicomp into more plastic than if you'd just made the plastic directly? It uses more energy, but energy costs can be reduced or you can be running the whole thing off plant oil or nuclear power or solars or biters on treadmills or something. I'm fine with trading being profit for nothing, but this is a direct resource loop - I mean, heck, just going from oil to oil products to unicomp then back to oil takes in energy and outputs excess resources. Is that ease of looping intentional? Either way, I think the price of plastic could do with being adjusted (more expensive) a little bit.

Edit2: Do your laser turrets have a hidden weakness in that they can be overwhelmed with numbers because they draw power slower than their maximum fire rate. If so, that's awesome, please make it more obvious in the tooltip. Oh, and the bricked laser tower and the normal YI laser tower seem to fire different colors of laserbolt, but have much the same looking gun - is that intentional?

Edit3: Hmm, there are more differences between laser turrets than I thought, at least in the latest version.
Last edited by Darloth on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Fatmice wrote:...
Color me impressed, Fatmice. I'm working on a Vugar farm set up right now. Still need a bit of ratio to work out. I didn't think corn->-lube->pink block would be that great, but I'll be sure to give that a try. Great way to make stuff from thin air. I usually just turn corn into veggie oil and light it on fire. This Vugar addition got me all excited. With vanilla Factorio, if you want to go green, you only have the choice of solar. It's pretty great that YI adds alternatives. I mean, I'm still going to murder all the natives, but I don't want to pollute MY planet.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

orzelek wrote:Screenshots and blueprint strings are nice - they still don't explain how stuff works and how to touch mechanical power;)

Explaining takes too long. I gave you the blueprints and that is like me giving you my brain. All you need to do now is pick at it and experiment a bit. ;)

Once you play enough of Yuoki's, this stuff comes naturally. There are many ways to do the same thing in Yuoki because of Unicomp and this really fosters creativity.

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

Fatmice wrote:

Explaining takes too long. I gave you the blueprints and that is like me giving you my brain. All you need to do now is pick at it and experiment a bit. ;)

Once you play enough of Yuoki's, this stuff comes naturally. There are many ways to do the same thing in Yuoki because of Unicomp and this really foster creativity.

Im gonna have to agree with ( Orzelek ).
Someone really needs to create a video tutorial about this mod.
Show people step by step on how to go through each part and what each machine does and what are their functions.
People want to know how stuff works. and just telling them to "experiment" does not help at all.
There needs to be some sort of basic structure on how to get things going, and move along the chain of machines and its functions.
I myself have this mod installed, and the farthest I have ever gone was the purple and orange blocks. along with basic wall structures.
After that, everything else is confusing and many people don't know the direction to take.
It might seem easy for you, thats because you already know what each machine does.... thats fine. but many others need a tutorial so they can learn as well.

Its a gorgeous mod with gorgeous graphics.
But many people including myself have never gone past 2% of the entire mod usage/building because no one knows how stuff works.
they dont know what is suppose to connect to what. what machines gets attached to what machines. what factories gets attached to what machines. so on and so forth.
( Orzelek ) is not the only one confused.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

MantisShrimp wrote: Color me impressed, Fatmice. I'm working on a Vugar farm set up right now. Still need a bit of ratio to work out. I didn't think corn->-lube->pink block would be that great, but I'll be sure to give that a try. Great way to make stuff from thin air. I usually just turn corn into veggie oil and light it on fire. This Vugar addition got me all excited. With vanilla Factorio, if you want to go green, you only have the choice of solar. It's pretty great that YI adds alternatives. I mean, I'm still going to murder all the natives, but I don't want to pollute MY planet.
Well to be fair, it's not really stuff out of thin air...not anymore than what solar panels are doing. ;) In essence, what is going on here is we're simply investing some energy to get our farm up. The plants then soak up the sun's energy and then we press them to harvest that energy. It is quite realistic and reasonable. Of course, since this is a game, we should be allowed to twists a few physical laws along the way. :D I don't feel guilty about exploiting zero-point energy anymore now that I have my farms.

Actually, vegetable oil -> lubricant -> unicomp is not the best conversion ratio (27 vegetable oil -> 1 unicomp ~ 135 corn -> 1 unicomp). However, vegetable oil -> unicomp is a better path than ethanol -> light oil -> unicomp and is the only renewable path that is semi-realistic. You also loose a significant amount of inherent energy stored in vegetable oil when storing it as unicomp. If you are looking to make MF, then keep it as vegetable oil. There are other starting materials that give better conversion ratio, but that is like comparing apples and oranges. The other renewable path is digging for dirt...This is another ball game.
Cooolaid wrote: Im gonna have to agree with ( Orzelek ).
Someone really needs to create a video tutorial about this mod.
Show people step by step on how to go through each part and what each machine does and what are their functions.
People want to know how stuff works. and just telling them to "experiment" does not help at all.
There needs to be some sort of basic structure on how to get things going, and move along the chain of machines and its functions.
I myself have this mod installed, and the farthest I have ever gone was the purple and orange blocks. along with basic wall structures.
After that, everything else is confusing and many people don't know the direction to take.
It might seem easy for you, thats because you already know what each machine does.... thats fine. but many others need a tutorial so they can learn as well.

Its a gorgeous mod with gorgeous graphics.
But many people including myself have never gone past 2% of the entire mod usage/building because no one knows how stuff works.
they dont know what is suppose to connect to what. what machines gets attached to what machines. what factories gets attached to what machines. so on and so forth.
( Orzelek ) is not the only one confused.
Be brave and take the next step. What's stopping you? ;) Don't expect Yuoki to make a tutorial video in English as I do not think he speaks it well. When I dove head-in to Yuoki Industries, I didn't know anything either. At that time, I didn't even complete the campaign yet. This was 0.10.x. I was already bored with how linear the vanilla recipes were, so I was searching for mods and struck gold with Yuoki Industries. As I've said before, the other large mods were not appealing to me because I thought that they were monotonous, linear, and tedious expansion of vanilla mechanisms. Yuoki Industries is a web of recipes where some are the connecting threads among disparate part of the web. The common currency is simply UC-A2 or unicomp with its goto dispenser the Cimota Restructor. If you just think in unicomp, you have the mod down to a T. While it seems there are many buildings in Yuoki Industries, most of them are the end result of unicomp transformation. The production of unicomp is the only thing that matters.

Since the chorus of people wanting tutorial video keeps getting louder, I will make a set of tutorials for the fundamentals in English. I will not cover creative stuff as what is the fun in being told how to create?

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

Here is a short story:

Teacher is in a classroom,
there are 25 kids in the class. - 1 student raises her hand and asks, "how do you do this"?
Teacher replies, " Be brave and take the next step, what's stopping you?"...
Student looks at the teacher with an odd look on her face and replies, - huh.?
Then the student eyes scans around the classroom to the other students in class as all the kids are also looking back in complete confusion, with an odd look on their faces.

One kid whispers back at the student and says, WTF?... minus well play hooky since we can't learn anything here.

The End.....

We are not asking anyone to cover creative tutorial or how to create. But rather, what each machine is used for and its functions.
what they are intended for and why. - Small demo is simple setups, to elaborate on mechanics of mod and proper flow of progressions.
So yes, we would appreciate it if you did a set of video tutorials for the fundamentals & mechanics of the mod. :)

Give a horse water, they only drink for a day, teach a horse how to get water, the horse drinks for the rest of their life. :)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I don't know, maybe one of those kid will go off on their own when the teacher said that. I know I would.

I'll have videos up in a few days. It will cover most fundamentals as well as what to do with the addons.

Oh, Yuoki, can you please add some nice barrels to YI-Engines? I would like to barrel up my vegetable oils and ethanol for transport please.
Last edited by Fatmice on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

I would love to do videos over this mod but it really needs items sorted into tech nodes. I am willing do the work of converting all the recipes to their tech tree nodes if you have a list of what recipes go where.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Darloth wrote:Some mild criticism here, hope that's ok.

Basically, your turrets are so good they make vanilla turrets obsolete. They do this without requiring any higher tech research, and in some cases now cost significantly LESS resources (though a little of that is blue stuff).
I realize the balancing on all of this stuff is probably not final, especially with 0.12 still being new, but I hope you appreciate some feedback on it!

Edit: A bit more balance... Did you know you can turn petroleum gas into Unicomp, then the Unicomp into more plastic than if you'd just made the plastic directly? It uses more energy, but energy costs can be reduced or you can be running the whole thing off plant oil or nuclear power or solars or biters on treadmills or something. I'm fine with trading being profit for nothing, but this is a direct resource loop - I mean, heck, just going from oil to oil products to unicomp then back to oil takes in energy and outputs excess resources. Is that ease of looping intentional? Either way, I think the price of plastic could do with being adjusted (more expensive) a little bit.

Edit2: Do your laser turrets have a hidden weakness in that they can be overwhelmed with numbers because they draw power slower than their maximum fire rate. If so, that's awesome, please make it more obvious in the tooltip. Oh, and the bricked laser tower and the normal YI laser tower seem to fire different colors of laserbolt, but have much the same looking gun - is that intentional?

Edit3: Hmm, there are more differences between laser turrets than I thought, at least in the latest version.
a) turrets nearly final, atm i miss my second gun-turret just to have the choice and a different graphic - so definitly a second gun-turret come back. perfect would be a auto-logistic-requesting-ammo-turret ^^ - but no chance i can't code this.

b) but you can't turn plastic back into unicomp, this is the keypoint. every unicomp you turn into plastic cost you 20 raw-material ... so this way i think it's more a recipe that i use very rarley as last option. i'am atm not sure if you take 2 unicomp and turn them into crude-oil + coal and make the whole chain to make plastic is cheaper or you get more plastic from. i don't like the vanilla-way to produce plastic ^^
you can also turn wood and coal into petroleum-gas ^^

c) not all, but some have ... in some explain i had called this burst-damage, after the internal battery is empty the firerate slows down.
the bricked laser was intended to remove but now i like the difference between firerate, damage, range and hitpoints. if you take a closer look i can say the different shooting colors are wrong, because the bricked laser has a blue rear-side and the other the red ;) - the bricked laser is on todo-list for new graphic.

vampiricdust wrote:I would love to do videos over this mod but it really needs items sorted into tech nodes. I am willing do the work of converting all the recipes to their tech tree nodes if you have a list of what recipes go where.
i have no list.
for me it's obviously if i have no steel researched i can't use steel-recipes -> this excludes also YI-stuff that needs steel.
but if i really need to separate i would say
basic (= vanilla - don't need yi-material like dirtwasher, pure-copper etc. )
dusty blocks (= needs processed green, blue - with all following recipes that use this except purple)
unicomp (simple purple things and transformations)
beyond unicomp (quantrinum)

but as good as you can split into energy-generation-stages, ammo-stages or something.
addon yi-engines is complete other task also divisible - maybe into farming and mf
addon yi-pfw is puzzle stage ^^ - with some benefits - if you want to split this i have source-code comments for the different 5 trade-chain-lines and also splitted in recipe-list.

you need to play to find out whats going on or what is useful. maybe you build all machines and place all, and setup all allowed recipes in the machines so you can see which machine does what. some machines have only 1 or 2 recipes allowed so you get a better overview.

some post before someone would have a better description. i have this not forgotten, i anwser i include this into the mod-editor so i can add description to the items and generate automaticlly a documentation. so in future-versions will be into the mod.zip also the documentation as html-pages with multiline-descritption, item-graphics etc. (starts with yi_engines because it's already auto-built with mod-editor)
this keep things for me together because if i edit a item i can edit also the description - no separate *.doc file i can forget to update. also the auto-doc has on generation access to the values.
but all this takes time - so please have a little more patience.

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

Plastic may not be reversible, but assuming you have efficient energy generation, it's always better to convert oil+coal->unicomp->plastic directly in your mod instead of making plastic with the oil+coal normally.

Since your mod also contains efficient renewable energy generation, that's why I thought I should mention it :) I like that it's an option, I just think it's TOO efficient to convert to plastic right now.

Edit: I'll edit this post soon with the maths. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 216#p98216

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

black magic 2.0
@Fatmice

As cool as your black magics are, they look like hot messes. Everything is all over the place and it's difficult to tell what does what. So I built Black Magic 2.0. I know it's not super efficient, but either use robotports or more pressers, seems like the pressers are a cheaper route. It's almost done, until I realized that the freaking boiler CANT BE ROTATED. Lol'ed. So now I have to pick up the whole thing and flip it.

@YuokiTan

If it's possible, please make those giant boilers rotatable. Thanks. Also, the robots can't use your repair packs.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Ugh, I'm offended :P

I'm working on a newer version that's is more geared towards powering the Rheinsberg. What I've shown are versatile builds, i.e. you can either make unicomp with it or use the vegetable oil to make MF. Also, Yuoki made a new thread for where we can put our builds. I think it's better to put these sort of things there.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”