Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

GyroByte
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by GyroByte »

After playing with the files a bit,I found out that the crash is caused by factorio migration file, not yours.
Sorry for bothering you.I will post a report to the dev team later.
Log

vrosty
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vrosty »

I have a question is the Vanilia battery changed in the new update v0.2.31 because I olny can make him with empty battery cell or is this a bug?
I have no other mods.

UPDATE:
sorry i have found my probleem.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Can I make a request? I really like the 3x3 logistic bunker that you added, but those are storage and bots just put random things in them. Can you make a passive logistic bunker? Not really a huge deal since vanilla has them, but yours just look cooler.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yuoki, you need to port your migration scripts.

Substitute
game.reloadscript() with game.reload_script()
game.regenerateentity() with game.regenerate_entity()
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Manapool
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Manapool »

Playing latest version

Small Bug

Yuoki 0.2.31, engines 0.1.3 pfw 0.0.5

Component Factory turns into War Material Factory when mined

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:Can I make a request? I really like the 3x3 logistic bunker that you added, but those are storage and bots just put random things in them. Can you make a passive logistic bunker? Not really a huge deal since vanilla has them, but yours just look cooler.
You mean blue(requester) and red(provider) - chests ? ... yes i have graphics for this nearly a half year laying around on my harddrive. But i had now reason to integrate because same function as vanilla-chest and of course dytech/other mods add also this chest-types. But i'am also a fan of putting 3 inserters on 1 chest to get things in and out. So it comes on my ToDo-List but i want first make the graphics just a little bit better.
Fatmice wrote:Yuoki, you need to port your migration scripts.
- Done, i reupload the 0.2.31 version
Manapool wrote:Component Factory turns into War Material Factory when mined
- fixed in new version, also minor changes

Thanks all for your attention, bug-reports, suggestions and help.

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

Whenever I have any of the Gen.T - Backup (Steam generator - C) generators hooked up to my power system, my accumulators will not charge in the same way.

They charged occasionally, but I can't figure out how, when or why... maybe only when the Gen.Ts ran out of water? I've got excess power, I checked - without the Gen.Ts, the accumulators charge as normal. With the Gen.Ts hooked up, no charging.

Is this intended, or a bug? I'm afraid I can't tell from the description. I would assume that the Gen.Ts are tertiary, but they shouldn't stop accumulators from drawing power if there's spare, should they?

The rest of my power network is about half solar and half Secondary steam power, all from this mod. I also have a single Gen.P always-on steam engine hooked up.

While I'm here, the Gen.P and Gen.T rotate just fine, but the Gen.S doesn't - it can only be properly used rotated to the 3x2 wide horizontal layout. If you rotate it to the 2x3 tall vertical layout it will look horizontal but cut off, and then the animation makes it move sideways at great speed and wrap at the edge of its bounding box. Presumably a spritesheet layout problem, looks funny :)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Darloth wrote:Whenever I have any of the Gen.T - Backup (Steam generator - C) generators hooked up to my power system, my accumulators will not charge in the same way.

They charged occasionally, but I can't figure out how, when or why... maybe only when the Gen.Ts ran out of water? I've got excess power, I checked - without the Gen.Ts, the accumulators charge as normal. With the Gen.Ts hooked up, no charging.

Is this intended, or a bug? I'm afraid I can't tell from the description. I would assume that the Gen.Ts are tertiary, but they shouldn't stop accumulators from drawing power if there's spare, should they?

The rest of my power network is about half solar and half Secondary steam power, all from this mod. I also have a single Gen.P always-on steam engine hooked up.

While I'm here, the Gen.P and Gen.T rotate just fine, but the Gen.S doesn't - it can only be properly used rotated to the 3x2 wide horizontal layout. If you rotate it to the 2x3 tall vertical layout it will look horizontal but cut off, and then the animation makes it move sideways at great speed and wrap at the edge of its bounding box. Presumably a spritesheet layout problem, looks funny :)
it's a factorio 0.12 feature ... ^^ ... of course not ... i will search the problem and also look at the animation :)
i had myself wondering why in one savegame accumulators work and in a different not. your post maybe ask this question.
T designed as terciary but maybe internal changed, if it's not fixable ... then i dropp this p, s, t - differences.
looks the devs work as myself with this mods ... changing stuff and forget the changes to put into the release-notes ;)

edit:
- yep ... terciary-option wiped out ... reupload version 0.2.31 ... changes all T to S and later (in a future version) i remove all these now useless generators and switch recipes for these engines off. also breaking a -T results in getting -S.
- and by removing things i switched recipe for steam-power-plant also off
- recipes for power-generation fits now in one single-recipe line
- animation - copy&paste mistake ... fixed.
- new Laser-Turret shots with Blue-Laser it's not a bug, also has different stats compare to old Laser-Defense

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

I need some help with setting up the reactor thing. As I understand it, the reactor takes one of several forms of the purple/pink stuff and turns them into mechanical power, which needs to be ran through a gearbox with either water or lubricant, then into one of the generators. I've tried this with all of the different kinds of generators and they all show 0 available performance and 0 current performance. I've even tried it without the gearbox and it's still the same. I've disconnected it from all the other generators as seen in the picture to see if it's just not enough mechanical power, but even with just a single generator, it's still not working. What am I missing?

EDIT: I tested it again and the generators only work with steam power now.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:I need some help with setting up the reactor thing. As I understand it, the reactor takes one of several forms of the purple/pink stuff and turns them into mechanical power, which needs to be ran through a gearbox with either water or lubricant, then into one of the generators. I've tried this with all of the different kinds of generators and they all show 0 available performance and 0 current performance. I've even tried it without the gearbox and it's still the same. I've disconnected it from all the other generators as seen in the picture to see if it's just not enough mechanical power, but even with just a single generator, it's still not working. What am I missing?
EDIT: I tested it again and the generators only work with steam power now.
- use latest version yi_engines, redownload if you not sure
- disconnect generator and remove pipes after gearbox
- let the gearbox fill some buffer ( spinning speed ;) ) - after filled place a transmission-shaft or pipe after the gearbox
- pressure (temperature) should now 100 °C in this shaft/pipe
- now begin testing how many power 1 gearbox give you - add for first test only a steam-engine (510 kW) - if the gearbox keeps shaft/pipe filled you can add more or bigger generators.
- if not work, remove gearbox and place again.

- the importent thing is to start with filled/spinning gearbox ... sometimes not restart if the output stands/empty.
- in latest version it's possible to build a gearbox-line - so you can reach 500°C -> this results in lower use of MP because its higher powered.
- another possible solution is to use a small tank at gearbox-outside (after 1 shaft) because the fluids equals the levels you get a greater buffer, and you can evtl. bump the temperature with a sideway-gearbox-cycle.
- i think for the 9.7 Generator you need 2 or 3 gearboxes to keep filled at 100°C or more
- i will watch this behavior, and atm i think about a better/smoother solution

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

This is what pops up when I tried to place a gear box and then it crash to main menu. I redownload all of the mods to make sure they're up to date and I'm not using any other mod beside YI and its addons. This happens with newly made gearbox as well as newly made world.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Looks like Yuoki broke his script.

Replace line 39-62 with this

Code: Select all

game.on_event(defines.events.on_tick, function(event)
	if global.YGBX ~= nil then
		for k,YGBX in pairs(global.YGBX) do
			if YGBX[1].valid then	
				fbo=3
				fbi=1
				yegearboxin = {}
				yegearboxout = {}
				if YGBX[1].fluidbox[fbi] ~= nil then
					yegearboxin = YGBX[1].fluidbox[fbi]
					yegearboxin["temperature"]=0
				end
				if YGBX[1].fluidbox[fbo] ~= nil then					
					yegearboxout = YGBX[1].fluidbox[fbo]						
					yegearboxout["temperature"] = yegearboxin["temperature"] + 100 					
					--yegearboxout["temperature"] = 200 
					YGBX[1].fluidbox[fbo] = yegearboxout
				end
			else
				table.remove(global.YGBX, k)				
			end
		end
	end	
end)
Filtering Air recipe should be called Condensed Pollution =)
Mixed Solid Fuel Block recipe has the wrong icon image.
Any recipe making or asking for Hydromechanical Power should instead be asking for Hydraulic Pressured Fluid.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

@Fatmice
i have changed the code, sometimes it works sometimes not ...
yesterday i spend over 4 hours for this annoying things ... i had used same working code - but it's not working, but the turbine-code works. i have no idea, and if it's not working i give up.

now in the code the unfinished cycle. -> download test-version (also for MantisShrimp)

this was the plan (temporary gfx)
now the trigger is input>100 but i set default-temp to 205 ^^
the overheater should output 275°C
and the turbine at the bottom works but with fake-steam ^^

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I'll take a look at this later today and I'll let you know what's wrong with it.

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

I tested last version (test version). Can't place Water Pump. It just stay in hand like "not placeble items" Image

Also Image
Image with Gen C power something wrong - it flashes when vertically centric

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

flexoleonhart wrote:I tested last version (test version). Can't place Water Pump. It just stay in hand like "not placeble items"
with Gen C power something wrong - it flashes when vertically centric
i forgot to fill a place_result-entry in items.lua, in next version it's fixed, also the generator should be fixed.

independend if fatmice find the error or not.
i update this weekend yi_engines and possible restructure the addon.
(sry, but i have no more patience for fluidboxes working in old-version, not in new versions or different savegames.)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I suggest you use imgur or something. Every attachments under that forum is gated behind an account.

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

If it's not a complete pain, being able to filter the various storage bunkers (like train cars) would be amazing.

Sadly, I think it is a complete pain - I had a look at how the other mod that adds large filterable chests works, and it works by replacing the chest with a specialized unmovable train car, and then unreplacing it whenever it's picked up again.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Only train cars can be filtered, so what you're asking is unfeasible until the devs allow mixing of types.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”