Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.23 (11.13)

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Keep scorlling down the page and then I found my name!

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

There is no wonder Yuoki, your mod is awesome. It is and will be one of few main mods in my gameplays.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:There is no wonder Yuoki, your mod is awesome. It is and will be one of few main mods in my gameplays.
Thanks, in previous versions was a ground-floor-light - (it's removed) - i think good use for your LED - creations. you should view and copy the needed parts and try it. the light-radius changed in entity-subsection.

Uploaded 0.2.24
- works with 0.11.15
- bobores - integration must be switched on manual in data.lua - lines 3-9
- added 2 Medium Electric Generators (Second and Third - Energy Priority) - 5.3/5.6 MW - but i do the gfx wrong - should be 3x3 size but it's now 3x2 so a good power/tile ratio. it's not intended to change.

yi-engines
- still experimental and not very well balanced but i got gfx after gfx finished
- you see maybe the new gearbox, and transmission-shafts its all already included in next version (hope tomorrow)
- here a fancy from the solid-fuel-engines - needs yet animation - surely not the most useful engine - same for whole yi-engine-mod but i try to get the best appearance ;) - but i think the style is good, and the fluid-fuel-engine would later look similar

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.24 (11.15)

When I saw your post first I tought this doesn't realy feed into factorio but now I realy like your mod. Your are from Germany Yuoki?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:When I saw your post first I tought this doesn't realy feed into factorio but now I realy like your mod. Your are from Germany Yuoki?
at start i change/add things for personal use which i missing from game - but the game makes it easy to make addons/mods so it grows.
Germany yes, Saxonia yes - and if you live near Dresden i can call you neighbor ;)

experimental version yi-engines 0.0.9 - needs Yuoki-Industries -> Download yi_engines

contains more hypnotize spinning/moving stuff ... you are warned ;)
ImageImage

- Quantrinum-Reactor has a temporary recipe - also balance for Reactor-Recipes needs proved
- some gfx still todo, and more experimental stuff
you can use TestMode to spawn Stuff

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

I didn't look into the code neightbor but do you use a full animation cycle or just a peace that reapits itself?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:I didn't look into the code neightbor but do you use a full animation cycle or just a peace that reapits itself?
depends on how smooth i want the animation and spending time. usally i use 12, 16 or 18 frames because for spinning 360°/frames gives a nice rotation-cycle. now i need 2, 4, 6, 10, 12 rotating indicators ... if i use 2 i need single-frames for 180°. if i use 6 i need 60° animation but this can collide with other indicators, so mostly i use 90°, 180° or 360° spins and look that the ending is -1 step before zero/360°. later animation-speed can changed in code.
If a linear-move needed, it's sometimes easier to start with mid-point and make the sinus-curve per hand.

if i do all this i have in mind to not exceed the 2048 px - frame-line limit. i can make animations more smoother but this needs more frame-lines, every additional line can hold 12 or more frames but need maybe 10 mouse-clicks more ^^
sounds not very much, but it's a pain ;) - especially if the whole animation went wrong. then i need to start from single-frames again. not make the model, sometimes only px-size wrong, forgot shadows, wrong color ... all this needs to render all single frames again (make the pc for me)
and because there is no preview - means copy animation to mod-folder, include animation in code, start factorio, see animation, quit factorio, change shift-offset, start factorio - shift ok, animation overlaps, pipe visual not connected, quit factorio, make animation new (also new size), copy animation, start factorio - quit factorio - tweak offset - start factorio - quit factoro ... (if i get lucky after 3 restarts it's correct - much luck ;) )

the game itselfs plays the animation until the work-cycle ends. and stops also in a middle of an animation.

i understand why people only use 1 picture or simply recolor the original animations :)
but i can make models/animations so it's no option for me to go the simple way. beside that i had not read the licence, whether is allowed to change original-gfx for makeing mods.

Dragonchampion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dragonchampion »

Hello! I'm rather new (and kinda scared of posting suggestions) so I have been testing out different mods and found this one. I feel it works really well, but there is a bit of a problem; when I place down the Steam Engines (The easiest to make ones) that are power on demand, I realize that while the sprite is really good, the pipes do not align correctly!

See? They don't align, and the pipes go into the thin "lower" part of the engine, instead of the upper part where they would fit well.

Other than that I'm having a lot of fun with the enhancements here! I am not that advanced yet, but the upgraded boilers and generators are absolutely wonderful and adds to the sense of growth in the game.

However, there is a bit of trouble; can't you add in some custom research for the items? Having the entire thing up front is rather overwhelming, not to mention that having a lot of the stuff to begin with is extremely unbalancing! If not, that's alright.

thr3sh3r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thr3sh3r »

ok im really new at this and am having a real problem working out the generators how do they go together like what is required to supply the power to them and how do I connect everything up thanks for any help you can give

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Dragonchampion wrote:Hello! I'm rather new (and kinda scared of posting suggestions) so I have been testing out different mods and found this one. I feel it works really well, but there is a bit of a problem; when I place down the Steam Engines (The easiest to make ones) that are power on demand, I realize that while the sprite is really good, the pipes do not align correctly!
See? They don't align, and the pipes go into the thin "lower" part of the engine, instead of the upper part where they would fit well.
Other than that I'm having a lot of fun with the enhancements here! I am not that advanced yet, but the upgraded boilers and generators are absolutely wonderful and adds to the sense of growth in the game.
However, there is a bit of trouble; can't you add in some custom research for the items? Having the entire thing up front is rather overwhelming, not to mention that having a lot of the stuff to begin with is extremely unbalancing! If not, that's alright.
suggestions are always welcome !
I know this, but the previous solution was more worse. I have this engine on my todo-list :)
Research is at the moment not very useful, some recipes depend on vanilla-stuff, so it's balanced over this way. if i remember the storyline correct, you prepare the planet or you for landing troops or evacuation. and if you travel in space you don't use a stone+wooden-spaceship ;)
at start some thing seems overpowered but you need vanilla-stuff to progress (flying robots, moduls, armor, research) your game :) so it's more vanilla blocks your fast expansion. the only real downside i encounter over some play is i stuck at my base and do not really big expand like other players, but i don't like fight biter's so it's more my playstyle.

I see on your screenshot also walls and guns, after you reached science-3 you can think about a setup for making alien-science-packs or using a cimota-reactor as overflow/waste-reducer and make unicomp-a2 for later or backup use.

engines/generators can have 3 energy-functions
-P (Primary) / Always On - This engine runs always and slows only down if no more power needed. It shares solar-enery-output - so it's not a good idea run this engines if you have a high solar-output. But this engines provides a solid energy-output at engine-max.
-S (Secondary) / Power On Demand - This is vanilla-standard behavoir, come into action after Solar (-P) go down (Night) or -P reached max. Output
-T (Terciary) / Backup - Your last chance to rethink your power-concept if on of these engines go online. This can happen if you attacked by biters (laser-turrets) or night comes, or research/product-lines goes online. This is also the accumulator-level. if at least the accumulator empty this engines holds the backup-line until runs out of fuel.

Vanilla-Energy-Demand/Use-Line
Solar (P) -> Steam-Engine (S) -> Accumulator (T)
thr3sh3r wrote:ok im really new at this and am having a real problem working out the generators how do they go together like what is required to supply the power to them and how do I connect everything up thanks for any help you can give
at game-begin it's not really important what you use. i personal prefer my boilers, and steam-turbines because these boilers have better efficency and the turbines save space (and play-time ^^) and keep my power-generation-zone clean. these 3x3 boilers are better than vanilla but not as good as the 540/2 but provides more flow. the 3x3 equal ~ 10-15 vanilla-boilers - and you need only 1 inserter.

the mod provides many ways to make fuel in different ways, from coal, wood, charged-chunks, atomic-infusion, stargate-trade and so on. infusion is a late game choice after you reached around 20-30 MW and want or need more. (Infusor-Assembly needs 75MW without Beacons)
you have 2 choices of generators and if you added also yi-engines you have 2 choices of general-engines - i try to explain here :)

Vanilla-Generator-Concept
- these generators steam-engine, steam-turbine, power-plant, emergancy-generator using all heated-water (steam) heated by boilers (includes Obninsk-Reactor). only differences is mostly efficency thats better than vanilla.

Electric-Generators
- these generators can use heated water too, but the efficency is lower than 100% (vanilla 100%) - but they provide huge power-output at small space if you have short pipelines. i like the fact that they provides a good solid output and mostly run at 50-75% (BEG ~ 6 MW) so if power needed they spin up and supply the demand (BEG ~ 10 MW)
- but they more designed for use with engines from yi-engines because then they use hydromechanical-power. with this you can fit extrem high-power-generation in a very small area.

General-Engines (Vanilla)
- no ones, but boilers have this function. they transfer your fuel into heated water and this is transformed into energy. because this ratio is fix and a pipe has a max flow, you can reach a cap there no more water can flow. this limits the energy-output per pipe-line.

Yi-Engines
- gives you 2(3) additional engines - Solid-Fuel-Engine and Fluid-Fuel-Engine - burns Solid Fuel or light-oil directly, needs lubrication and outputs hydromechanical-power (hydraulic-fluid or shaft-power if you wish). you need to setup a gearbox to use it for generators. Engine -> Gearbox -> Generator (Steam-Turbine, SEG, MEG etc.). i needed to view code and calc but the factor is about 1:50 or more. so a pipe or shaft can transfer 50x more energy with hydromechanical-power. this means you can place bigger generators or more generators per pipe until it runs dry.

i prefer placeing backups and biggest generator a first at a pipe-line, then others. it makes sure that the best, biggest generators get enough flow to run if needed.
maybe later generators at pipe-line stops but the bigger previous generator catch this if the line is not to long.

example ~ 29.6 MW - best 3 pumps per pipe and 2-3 big-boilers - fueled with wood-pellets, infused-mud, energy-cells

example ~ 33.2 MW - obninsk-reactor for 2 rensuir-turbines, and 2 lines -> 2 big-boilers for 1x SEG-P and 1x SEG-S
this setup provides ~ 27.6MW as base-ouput and additional 5.6 MW for energy-spikes. fueled with infused-mud

example ~ 10 MW - needs water, lubricant and light-oil. engine -> gearbox -> storage-tank -> pump -> big electric-generator
it's a way if you won't turn light-oil into petroluem-gas - output equals ~20 vanilla-steam-engines

example ~ 15+ MW infuser closed energy cycle
2 seperate energy-networks 1 infuser powered with stirling-engines and 2 solid-fuel-engines (yi-engines)
beacons used to drop the infuser to 15 MW input-use, some accumulator and tank - backup (for nighttime)

kreyser_waryag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreyser_waryag »

Hi! I'm a fan of your mods :). By profession I am electrical engineer. And that is why I am particularly your fashion in mind. I am from Russia. On the Russian fan site game Factorio I actively advertise your fashion :) I look forward to new releases. I want to wish you good luck and a lot of fans of your work.

I want to offer you the idea of fashion is also on energy. It consists in the transmission of electricity. It is no secret in the cable (power line) is the limit of possibility. Such as copper cable cross section of 10 millimeters can transmit a maximum current of 70 amperes, respectively the maximum transmit power done Wmax = 70A * 400volt = 28 kW. This power is enough leash to connect small engine :). For transmitting high-power high voltage 6 kV, 10 kV, 30 kW, 100 kW, 500 kW and others. However, such high voltages are unsuitable for use in industry. Thus, the power transmission system is as follows: from electric - increases substation, further high-voltage power line, then the consumer down substation to the industry standard (0.4 kW).

This is very much in the general case. Nuances nasamom actually a lot. After all, there are both air and underground power lines, and there are also powerful motor using voltage of 6000 V. But this nuances. If you're interested then write. Can act as a consultant to look for photo content, and markups will do everything to realize the idea :)

PS I do not know English. This message is translated into Google translator.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

kreyser_waryag wrote:Hi! I'm a fan of your mods :). By profession I am electrical engineer. And that is why I am particularly your fashion in mind. I am from Russia. On the Russian fan site game Factorio I actively advertise your fashion :) I look forward to new releases. I want to wish you good luck and a lot of fans of your work.

I want to offer you the idea of fashion is also on energy. It consists in the transmission of electricity. It is no secret in the cable (power line) is the limit of possibility. Such as copper cable cross section of 10 millimeters can transmit a maximum current of 70 amperes, respectively the maximum transmit power done Wmax = 70A * 400volt = 28 kW. This power is enough leash to connect small engine :). For transmitting high-power high voltage 6 kV, 10 kV, 30 kW, 100 kW, 500 kW and others. However, such high voltages are unsuitable for use in industry. Thus, the power transmission system is as follows: from electric - increases substation, further high-voltage power line, then the consumer down substation to the industry standard (0.4 kW).

This is very much in the general case. Nuances nasamom actually a lot. After all, there are both air and underground power lines, and there are also powerful motor using voltage of 6000 V. But this nuances. If you're interested then write. Can act as a consultant to look for photo content, and markups will do everything to realize the idea :)

Thank You, I hope Google translate the following lines perfect into russian.
I don't say its impossible, but the game supports only 1 power-system. To bring this system into game it's needed to think abstract and over edges ^^.
Lets see our scope. Best option are pipes, the pictures can change, and they can transport everything. on power generation-side fluid comes out, transported and end down substation transfered into electricty. But maybe need to prevent players store fluid for later use.
Another option is overwrite the vanilla-recipes for electric-poles. so high-power connects only to a substation at both ends. and make a bigger substation support area.
Most changes to the mod comes from personal gameplay. i play and i think is nice to have this option or makeing things that way.
The Yuoki-Industries-Mod is stable - YI-Engines unfinished (needs gfx and some recipe).

in terms of technology and research
- i will add a base research for startup with Yuoki-Industries and YI-Engines
- it's not easy to add a techtree because i need to change all recipes :) - but a base-research is a easy first step.

kreyser_waryag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreyser_waryag »

YuokiTani wrote:
kreyser_waryag wrote:Hi! I'm a fan of your mods :). By profession I am electrical engineer. And that is why I am particularly your fashion in mind. I am from Russia. On the Russian fan site game Factorio I actively advertise your fashion :) I look forward to new releases. I want to wish you good luck and a lot of fans of your work.

Thank You, I hope Google translate the following lines perfect into russian.
I don't say its impossible, but the game supports only 1 power-system. To bring this system into game it's needed to think abstract and over edges ^^.
Lets see our scope. Best option are pipes, the pictures can change, and they can transport everything. on power generation-side fluid comes out, transported and end down substation transfered into electricty. But maybe need to prevent players store fluid for later use.
Another option is overwrite the vanilla-recipes for electric-poles. so high-power connects only to a substation at both ends. and make a bigger substation support area.
Most changes to the mod comes from personal gameplay. i play and i think is nice to have this option or makeing things that way.
The Yuoki-Industries-Mod is stable - YI-Engines unfinished (needs gfx and some recipe).

in terms of technology and research
- i will add a base research for startup with Yuoki-Industries and YI-Engines
- it's not easy to add a techtree because i need to change all recipes :) - but a base-research is a easy first step.

Thanks for the reply. Not all definitely understood from the translation :).

If I understand correctly, the idea can not be implemented due to the limitations of the game. I understand a little programming, and it seems to me to be sufficient to implement and supports other devices in the event of power onTick check the current load. when the limit is exceeded, you can for example devices to destroy power (in life so often happens) or off (as if tripped current protection)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

kreyser_waryag wrote:If I understand correctly, the idea can not be implemented due to the limitations of the game. I understand a little programming, and it seems to me to be sufficient to implement and supports other devices in the event of power onTick check the current load. when the limit is exceeded, you can for example devices to destroy power (in life so often happens) or off (as if tripped current protection)
Maybe with code it's possible to simulate or change energy behavior. But i use so little code as i can do, and want to remind that game itself is not final. so a actual code solution maybe not work after game-release - same for mods. at the moment my mods using not very much as basic game components so if the game itself makes changes it's possible to change and update mod with some work.
change the devs the game-interface deeper for tactical/codeing reasons than mods stay broken :)

from 9.8 to 11.15 - 2 major changes for my mod - some i had worked out other i dropped the feature (tank-vehicle)
if bigger changes happens it's easier to start new from zero instead of change all files or search and fix the new errors ...

i would say Yuoki-Industries and YI-Engines are not really mods (modifikations). <- use original lua-templates for adding more stuff - so it's more like a addon or extension - everyone can do this !

kreyser_waryag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreyser_waryag »

YuokiTani wrote:
kreyser_waryag wrote:If I understand correctly, the idea can not be implemented due to the limitations of the game. I understand a little programming, and it seems to me to be sufficient to implement and supports other devices in the event of power onTick check the current load. when the limit is exceeded, you can for example devices to destroy power (in life so often happens) or off (as if tripped current protection)
Maybe with code it's possible to simulate or change energy behavior. But i use so little code as i can do, and want to remind that game itself is not final. so a actual code solution maybe not work after game-release - same for mods. at the moment my mods using not very much as basic game components so if the game itself makes changes it's possible to change and update mod with some work.
change the devs the game-interface deeper for tactical/codeing reasons than mods stay broken :)

from 9.8 to 11.15 - 2 major changes for my mod - some i had worked out other i dropped the feature (tank-vehicle)
if bigger changes happens it's easier to start new from zero instead of change all files or search and fix the new errors ...

i would say Yuoki-Industries and YI-Engines are not really mods (modifikations). <- use original lua-templates for adding more stuff - so it's more like a addon or extension - everyone can do this !

everything is clear. You are right. If I could also draw beautifully model as you can own to try to). What do you use to draw?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

kreyser_waryag wrote:everything is clear. You are right. If I could also draw beautifully model as you can own to try to). What do you use to draw?
i a far distant future, after microsoft, google and co world domination is broken, maybe you type your question and get instant your link :) - but i guess microsoft develops new rectangles, and google is focussing photographing the entire world.
but until then, i'am need typeing the anwser :)

Link to another Forum-Post, it's a little tutorial or work-flow with many pictures. -> Jump <-
i personal use cinema4d and photoshop, but blender + gimps works too.

kreyser_waryag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreyser_waryag »

YuokiTani wrote:
kreyser_waryag wrote:everything is clear. You are right. If I could also draw beautifully model as you can own to try to). What do you use to draw?
i a far distant future, after microsoft, google and co world domination is broken, maybe you type your question and get instant your link :) - but i guess microsoft develops new rectangles, and google is focussing photographing the entire world.
but until then, i'am need typeing the anwser :)

Link to another Forum-Post, it's a little tutorial or work-flow with many pictures. -> Jump <-
i personal use cinema4d and photoshop, but blender + gimps works too.

:)) Yes I Am. My question is a bit bold. I forgot that you have everything strictly. I am from Russia and about such things do not even think :)))
Thanks for the reply. With blender familiar, but very little.
There are very little - to find a lot of time)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

I made a short video about getting blue, green, orange, purple dust.
taken from normal gameplay ^^

Link to youtube channel: ->Jump<-

i hope it helps a little, i will contine but looks like i need a plan to do things ;)

kreyser_waryag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreyser_waryag »

It seems all the bases are building anyhow). I love modularity - individual power plants, ore processing separately, a separate melting and so on ...))

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi Yuoki,

See if this works for your fluid problem.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Return to “Yuoki Industries”