Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Fan777
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.12 (10.9+)

Post by Fan777 »

Wakes whether the update 0.11.1 to the new version?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fan777 wrote:Wakes whether the update 0.11.1 to the new version?
because you ask ... i updated.

this update was a pain, because factorio changed some internals. i can't promise future updates if factorio sometime makes another and more radical internal change.
the only thing that saved this mod was the search & replace - function from notespad++ - changed nearly 90 matches (over 3 different files, 6 needs checked) in code needs replaced. still needed nearly 2 hours to figure out, what this nebulous error-message want to say to me, and fixed them one by one per hand ^^

the official update change log is a joke. only viewing orginal-lua code works to see difference in new and old version.

but i should blame myself, why i make a mod ^^

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.14 (11.1)

Post by DreamSmith »

Hi, excellent mod.
Text string issues on the washer recipes for copper and iron, been too busy playing to remember screenshots! :)
Not sure if your aware, as long as you can get seed unicomp and crystal you can become self sufficient with the tree farms. Wood -> Coal -> Unicomp -> Profit!
Edit: not to double post.

Multi player errors (error code 9) something to do with more than one player present.
Last edited by DreamSmith on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

YoukiTani will you add technology tree in future? Its looks some strange that all objects in game are available from start
And another question - maybe you could think about cleaning other types of ores - such as bauxite, galena, rutile, tungsten, gold, silver, quartz, zinc
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

max2605
Inserter
Inserter

Post by max2605 »

We have a Bug in Multiplayer if you Save an Error occurs.

Edit:
As Workaround i delete line 9 and the other Line. So I can Save...so it works... at the moment...

Thank you is a Great Mod!
Attachments
Bild.JPG
Bild.JPG (19.63 KiB) Viewed 7028 times

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

aklesey1 wrote:YoukiTani will you add technology tree in future? Its looks some strange that all objects in game are available from start
And another question - maybe you could think about cleaning other types of ores - such as bauxite, galena, rutile, tungsten, gold, silver, quartz, zinc
If your looking to increase your challenge, add DyTech core (just core) to your game. The you'll need to clean the water before you can use it (or make plastic). Also it means shipping stone to your SciPack1 line.
Many of the buildings already need steel or plastic so that wouldn't count as start of game (particularly plastic).

As to cleaning, 1 extra plate per 5 ores, is it worth it? The only reason I'd do that if I was playing Dytech (or Bobs) Metals would be that the pure stuff stacks higher. If your after more contaminated water dig and clean more dirt! :D

Personally I play solo with DyTech core and Inserters, Yuoki's and Treefarm. MP is DyTech less Metals (and tools...) and with Treefarm ().

As for the line 9 error, ignore it. It's purpose is to ensure you have the current version (of Yuoki) recipes working. If your not updating the mod version when it shows, and you have the recipies already, nothing is breaking.

Coders, is there a way to retarget this to all players?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

YuokiTani wrote:
Fan777 wrote:Wakes whether the update 0.11.1 to the new version?
because you ask ... i updated.

this update was a pain, because factorio changed some internals. i can't promise future updates if factorio sometime makes another and more radical internal change.
the only thing that saved this mod was the search & replace - function from notespad++ - changed nearly 90 matches (over 3 different files, 6 needs checked) in code needs replaced. still needed nearly 2 hours to figure out, what this nebulous error-message want to say to me, and fixed them one by one per hand ^^

the official update change log is a joke. only viewing orginal-lua code works to see difference in new and old version.

but i should blame myself, why i make a mod ^^
find bug//

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

It is your individual special bug with your graphic adapter. Problem with video. Not problem with modes.
Не надоело со своей ошибкой во все темы стучаться? Удали все моды и начинай по одному их подбрасывать, если хочешь определить, какой мод у тебя глючит.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

katalex wrote:It is your individual special bug with your graphic adapter. Problem with video. Not problem with modes.
Не надоело со своей ошибкой во все темы стучаться? Удали все моды и начинай по одному их подбрасывать, если хочешь определить, какой мод у тебя глючит.
youki and dytech именно с ним.. я проверял уже снова..
поэтому и пишу и туда и сюда.. ;) просто не все играют на компах с термоядерными видеокартами. у некоторых есть и обычные планшеты.

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

Guy, your problem in your computer. Use enough videocard.
Ну это твои проблемы. Не хочешь проблем - не пользуйся интегрированным видео. :D

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

katalex wrote:Guy, your problem in your computer. Use enough videocard.
Ну это твои проблемы. Не хочешь проблем - не пользуйся интегрированным видео. :D
вообще 2гб видеокарта с 256 битной шиной..удивлен что за баг вот.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

When I create a new world in 0.11.3 I get this error:

Code: Select all

Unknown key:"Error while running the oninit: ...orio - Hardcore - 0.11\mods\Yuoki_0.2.14.zip|control.lua:4: Map doesn't contain 1 player, this function can't be used"

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:When I create a new world in 0.11.3 I get this error:

Code: Select all

Unknown key:"Error while running the oninit: ...orio - Hardcore - 0.11\mods\Yuoki_0.2.14.zip|control.lua:4: Map doesn't contain 1 player, this function can't be used"
Known error, comment out lines 4 and 9 in control.lua.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bug

zerotooll
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zerotooll »

as a variant delete control.lua
this works for me, also mod will be enabled in MP

ru. айрат удали control.lua он всё равно не на что особо не влияет а ошибка уйдёт:) после удаления также мод становится рабочим в мультиплеере :) вроде без глюков особых

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

zerotooll wrote:as a variant delete control.lua
this works for me, also mod will be enabled in MP

ru. айрат удали control.lua он всё равно не на что особо не влияет а ошибка уйдёт:) после удаления также мод становится рабочим в мультиплеере :) вроде без глюков особых
thanks!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

DreamSmith wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:YoukiTani will you add technology tree in future? Its looks some strange that all objects in game are available from start
If your looking to increase your challenge, add DyTech core (just core) to your game. The you'll need to clean the water before you can use it (or make plastic). Also it means shipping stone to your SciPack1 line.
Many of the buildings already need steel or plastic so that wouldn't count as start of game (particularly plastic).
As to cleaning, 1 extra plate per 5 ores, is it worth it? The only reason I'd do that if I was playing Dytech (or Bobs) Metals would be that the pure stuff stacks higher. If your after more contaminated water dig and clean more dirt! :D
Personally I play solo with DyTech core and Inserters, Yuoki's and Treefarm. MP is DyTech less Metals (and tools...) and with Treefarm ().
As for the line 9 error, ignore it. It's purpose is to ensure you have the current version (of Yuoki) recipes working. If your not updating the mod version when it shows, and you have the recipies already, nothing is breaking.
Coders, is there a way to retarget this to all players?
Other ores will be transmuteable or tradeable - not washable ... the simplest way to integrate (in future, and targeted mods final ?).

Worth cleaning ore ... i think sure ... count how many ore you proced in a long game ... 1000? 10000? 100000? ... mostly more, so a 20% bonus works fine. beside the benefit of contaminated-water.

Line 9 error is my fault, because the simplest way to test changes is reset recipes every load/start ... and i forgot to deactivate this line.

Technology Tree - Sure its a important thing, but if you play you see you can't build high-tech without buildung low-tech builds and some core-game tech. the mod helps a little to begin or jump over some core-game cliffs - but i think its not to cheaty. Ok ... and i have no real plan for a tech-tree, i understand this concept for core game to length the game, and consume your ressources, but science/techtree should improve tech, and not teach you to drive a car, or fire a turret. And from this point is hard to balance that the tech-tree not comes annoying and block your way through the game. If i add research to every thing it's just one mouse-click more to archieve the same result. for next near future and next version i trust balance ressources and build dependecy more than a complex research-tree.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

please in fix new version.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.15 (11.6)

Post by YuokiTani »

bumped version to factorio 0.11.6

no great changes but i tweaked some energy-stuff again.
you can see the differences here and some other values ... http://johnsmith.ktec.de/factorio/mods/ ... io-eng.pdf
for more better balcance, i should calculate the native material-costs too.

you can now easy calculate how many boilers you need, and how many engines are supported. (if you can keep the flow - standard-pipe max-flow 1,0)

sure i wish to integrate some other mod-ores but, i do this in a way you can't cheat a other mod.
this means i would not destroy/change any production cylce from a supported mod.
but this is currently a future option.

additionl interna to some fill-values
standard-pipe 10
high-cap-pipe 25
extr-cap-pipe 40
but flow rate drops very fast over long distances, i think the games uses always a flow rate of 1,0. but using higher buffers at inputs and maybe 2-3 tiles before make a difference, because 3 connected standard-pipes deliever 3.0 flow into a hc/ec-pipe and this can fast delievered into machines.

*notice to me ... more powerful inline-pumps ^^

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.15 (11.6)

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote:bumped version to factorio 0.11.6

but flow rate drops very fast over long distances, i think the games uses always a flow rate of 1,0. but using higher buffers at inputs and maybe 2-3 tiles before make a difference, because 3 connected standard-pipes deliever 3.0 flow into a hc/ec-pipe and this can fast delievered into machines.

*notice to me ... more powerful inline-pumps ^^
Better inline-pump would not help much if flow rate caps out. DaveMcW had published some information on flow rate of the pipe and 240 units/sec was the max I think, i.e. at 0 pipe distance. Now what I notice is that your pipes are really not good for high flow because they have a lower pressure and pressure difference is what cause the fluid to flow from one pipe to another. I've tested this extensively using obnisk reactor and rensuir generators (they eat much liquid). The test showed that they perform much better using pure vanilla pipe than HC or EC pipes. If you like to see results, I can show pictures of setups.

The only way that I see HC or EC pipes to be of use is if you change the pressure gradient in them. I don't think this can be modified directly...Fluid velocity can be modified though, but that would affect vanilla water fluid velocity.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Return to “Yuoki Industries”