Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.5

Post by aklesey1 »

YokiTani when will be ready technology tree ?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Slan wrote:Wood Stack Fuel Value : 50*4=200MJ
Wood Briquette Stack Fuel Value : 9*350= 3150 MJ (15.75* more)
Packed Wood Briquette Stack Fuel Value : 36*100 = 3600 MJ (1.14*more)

When going from wood briquette to Packed Wood briquette, we don't gain productivity (+12.5% When going from Wood to wood briquette) and don't gain that much "size". Packed Wood briquette worth not the time/cost to craft it.
I suggest : Wood Briquette stack size : 50 like wood.

Wood Briquette Stack Fuel Value : 9*50= 450MJ (so we gain *2.25 / wood in max, and +12,5% productivity)
Packed Wood Briquette (nothing change) = 3600 MJ so we gain no productivity but *8 Max fuel capacity/stack.
it's the wrong point of view ...
i removed Treefarm from the calc again - because with Treefarm -> 1 raw-wood (4 MJ) -> 1 Wood-Coal (6 MJ) -> 1 Coal (8MJ) -> coke coal (10MJ)
4 raw-wood (=16 MJ) -> 2 wood-briquett (=18 MJ) - packed now only for better handling and use in fast burning boilers. - it's not to gain more burn-power out.
this means coke-coal is the best fuel-source you can get - if you wish you can say 2.5 raw-wood = 1 light-oil or 2 petroleum-gas. i personal ignore coke-coal because low stack-size, and i can use coal to make oil - products or coal-briquettes. i use high-quality-fuel because needs lesser supervision.
aklesey1 wrote:YokiTani when will be ready technology tree ?
ufff ... it's not really a focus, because you need still some base-technology and if you use this mod early you slowdown your progress more then the mod help you. because it sucks some ressource you short until mid-game. the only benefits at early point is space-saveing power-generation and good defense against biters. most other stuff comes more useful if you have a stage when you can produce science-packs-3 - or want to experiment. Sure you can build a logistic-storeage-chest at begin, but without flying robots useless.
Airat9000 wrote:3. instead create or factory which will purify dirty water and get energy and water ..
nope ... purify ore is a good thing. and i should add slag after burning to make it more interesting - but with water you right - i had add it to many processes and should remove it at some.
(it's a hidden upgrade because you can store more ore ... each stack of 250 pure ore = 500 plates)
- but if i remove this at this point it makes many current recipes obsolete.

- drills-pollution is wrong, i correct this - drill-rate/-range is fine - because no modules and consumes 3x more energy. to use these is a personal decision, but mining-drill never the bottleneck. so i reduced only the time you place them new and layout a new belt-system.
- adding module-slots is possible
- lamps can't burn fuel i have tried this (version 10.0) -> not working ... otherwise i added and you can build candles ;)
- alien-fuels-cells and their power it's more a long long long time project ;) - for now it's only had to make them.
- if i change the lamps power you would'nt use them, because the base-lamp needs only 1kW and lights 40 tiles. the big lamp with 9kW - 80 tiles and small-lamp should use 4 kW with 60 tiles light-range.

Slan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Slan »

YuokiTani wrote: it's the wrong point of view ...
In fact i don't explain well my point of view, i'am not comparing the "power" of the item, but just telling that there is actually no point to "packed" your wood brick, because you don't gain place, (almost no place) and that was supposed to be the only advantage. Wood briquette stack of 350 is almost same thing than the "packed" version that only stack by 100.
Last edited by Slan on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

and idea
to replace in inventory items to comfortability
Attachments
08.07-122.png
08.07-122.png (493.01 KiB) Viewed 7087 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Slan wrote:In fact i don't explain well my point of view, i'am not comparing the "power" of the item, but just telling that there is actually no point to "packed" your wood brick, because you don't gain place, (almost no place) and that was supposed to be the only advantage. Wood briquette stack of 350 is almost same thing than the "packed" version that only stack by 100.
i have changed this to 400 and 200.
Airat9000 wrote:and idea
i think you can't find after this some items. i prefer the clear split, so you can see what item come from what mod, and what you lost (or wish to remove) then you remove the mod.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

YuokiTani wrote:
Slan wrote:In fact i don't explain well my point of view, i'am not comparing the "power" of the item, but just telling that there is actually no point to "packed" your wood brick, because you don't gain place, (almost no place) and that was supposed to be the only advantage. Wood briquette stack of 350 is almost same thing than the "packed" version that only stack by 100.
i have changed this to 400 and 200.
Airat9000 wrote:and idea
i think you can't find after this some items. i prefer the clear split, so you can see what item come from what mod, and what you lost (or wish to remove) then you remove the mod.
understand!
simply lack the space on the screen, not all your stuff can find :)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

I was thinking Counting krakon, can be left as an unlimited resource .. very comfortable with batteries instead of coal :)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Airat9000 wrote:I was thinking Counting krakon, can be left as an unlimited resource .. very comfortable with batteries instead of coal :)
yes, need more balance ;) - but for krakon you crush your stone.

but next version will remove yellow, gray, and green and replace green and blue with a mineable resource. untouched krakon (orange/red)
this reduce the end-products but increase some between products - so you can maybe plan and layout better.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

YuokiTani wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:I was thinking Counting krakon, can be left as an unlimited resource .. very comfortable with batteries instead of coal :)
yes, need more balance ;) - but for krakon you crush your stone.

but next version will remove yellow, gray, and green and replace green and blue with a mineable resource. untouched krakon (orange/red)
this reduce the end-products but increase some between products - so you can maybe plan and layout better.
I thought it would be necessary to simplify production, remove the extra plate, but the idea of ​​krakon loved, but that would use them to make the necessary technology to open :) let krakon mined and gives all of your products (warehouses, storage, machine guns, etc. .) but that would complicate a little opening ...
but I liked the battery manufacture large savings for coal boilers, leave .. very comfortable and liked the fact that you can do instead of fuel as a resource for boilers and melting machines, and the battery itself

1 to introduce the technology to simplify the production repository (for opening things)
2 resource for production krakon,
other than red to make red krakon as a resource (that would be more convenient to do the battery).

everything else was brilliant!

Nicb1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.6

Post by Nicb1 »

Recently I downloaded your mod for the first time, but unfortunately I ended up getting an error upon startup. Factorio version is the new 10.3 version.
Heres a screenshot of the error (If there is anything else you want me to provide just let me know). Im also running Dytech and TreeFarm.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Slan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Slan »

Same question each page : Just unzip/unrar the mod, and try again.

Nicb1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nicb1 »

Thanks for the help. I tried doing a search for the error and did not find anything (sorry for the repost of an already solved issue).

DE3000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DE3000 »

A small (but possibly game breaking :!: ) request. With item naming for metals it is implemented as metal-ore or metal-plate e.g. iron-ore, iron-plate, copper-ore and copper-plate.

Can you change the name for the pure-iron and pure-copper to iron-pure and copper-pure to be consistent?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

New version Dytech avialable in dirty water in game

could combine the dirty water from rivers and clean to clean up resources
and for convenience vsezh same ought to remove alloys and share them that would not produce 30 different types of torment otherwise :)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Nicb1 wrote:Recently I downloaded your mod for the first time, but unfortunately I ended up getting an error upon startup. Factorio version is the new 10.3 version.
Heres a screenshot of the error (If there is anything else you want me to provide just let me know). Im also running Dytech and TreeFarm.
Thanks in advance for any help.
this reminds me to put a installation-text on first-page. - done ;)
DE3000 wrote:A small (but possibly game breaking :!: ) request. With item naming for metals it is implemented as metal-ore or metal-plate e.g. iron-ore, iron-plate, copper-ore and copper-plate.

Can you change the name for the pure-iron and pure-copper to iron-pure and copper-pure to be consistent?
sure, next version ... it's only a translation change :) - change in code would need a migration, but then i would name it y-iron-pure ;) - because not affect other mods
Airat9000 wrote:New version Dytech avialable in dirty water in game
could combine the dirty water from rivers and clean to clean up resources
and for convenience vsezh same ought to remove alloys and share them that would not produce 30 different types of torment otherwise
i think i do i step back, and concentrate only on the machines, walls, turrets etc (leave as now, and only tweak recipes). this should leave 4 alloys (pure-iron/-copper + unicomp or alien-fuel) and the unicomp-material for transition to iron/copper-ore or other mods-ore. this should be make a research-tree possible easier to create.
this can make a step to version 0.3 and mod-section (lost wip) possible, and all weird and wild testing stuff moves into a separated mod ^^ and cause no more effects to a gameplay in progress.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Updated translate.
Recently I have not played, but I see many new items. Do you think that Krakon and Durotal is crAAAAZY? NO! This mod completely crazy! When I am opening the locale files and read the descriptions, I think "Wow, the new futuristic crazy devices!" :D
Its story about YoukiInd.
P. S. Youki, you forgot delete a description lines of old lumps (yellow, grey, etc.)

DE3000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DE3000 »

YuokiTani wrote:
DE3000 wrote:A small (but possibly game breaking :!: ) request. With item naming for metals it is implemented as metal-ore or metal-plate e.g. iron-ore, iron-plate, copper-ore and copper-plate.

sure, next version ... it's only a translation change :) - change in code would need a migration, but then i would name it y-iron-pure ;) - because not affect other mods
I meant it as a code change as I want to use the items in a mod.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.6a

Post by YuokiTani »

0.2.6a - includes vitduos russian translation, no other changes, because not time :(
Last edited by YuokiTani on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

YuokiTani wrote:no other changes, because not time :(
It's sad. Very sad :(

Slan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Slan »

Don't be sad : do it yourself that's easy. Anyway, i would do a french translation but seems there is no use, because i'am alone here !

Return to “Yuoki Industries”