Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by steinio »

magals wrote:
steinio wrote:Some noob question aside - do you have own burners or can i only use the vanillas for your turbines?

Greetings steinio

pity that no yuoki-suction for pumping out tanks
Thank you.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Valve intentionally not circuit network connectable? Looks like it is a tank prototype, so it could provide what it is storing to the network.

Would allow compact valve + pump setups to control when a liquid flows.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Peppe wrote:Valve intentionally not circuit network connectable? Looks like it is a tank prototype, so it could provide what it is storing to the network.
Would allow compact valve + pump setups to control when a liquid flows.
was a little time ago on remove list ... but i make the connection it's more useful now. accumulators are changed in next version, also some descriptions (as always not describes the things in the correct way) added. updated version later today or tomorrow.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

version 0.3.56

- fixed some descriptions
- accumulators now have circuit-connections
- pipe-valve has circuit-connection and new gfx (easier to see)
- new Fluid Buffer Station - can hold 3.000 units fluid

Screenshot Buffer Station - can rotate - 3 inputs, 3 outputs - can balance into or from pipe-connection systems - no pump needed. otherwise it's a normal tank with center pipe-connection (i dislike the off-center connection.)

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

YuokiTani wrote:version 0.3.56

- fixed some descriptions
- accumulators now have circuit-connections
- pipe-valve has circuit-connection and new gfx (easier to see)
- new Fluid Buffer Station - can hold 3.000 units fluid

Screenshot Buffer Station - can rotate - 3 inputs, 3 outputs - can balance into or from pipe-connection systems - no pump needed. otherwise it's a normal tank with center pipe-connection (i dislike the off-center connection.)
Picture
Nice!

I barely make any progress in my survival world the last week as I spend all my time in creative trying all the ways to use your mods.

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

where youki pfw?

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

if delete ISR-Mover and ISL-Mover
i get S.I.-Prototyp
it's correct?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Peppe wrote:I barely make any progress in my survival world the last week as I spend all my time in creative trying all the ways to use your mods.
And this is great. I'm playing few years witch YI mod and still have tones of things to improve or make it different.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:
Peppe wrote:I barely make any progress in my survival world the last week as I spend all my time in creative trying all the ways to use your mods.
And this is great. I'm playing few years witch YI mod and still have tones of things to improve or make it different.
me too - in every savegame i end with same layout of assemblys for vanilla products and robots deliver stuff betweent.
but in no savegame is power-production, ore-processing, dirt-digging, infusion, farming, defense-layout etc. the same.
magals wrote:where youki pfw?
pfw has some issues
- from the initial balance is not many left (updates)
- the other is a design-mistake from me ... i released this as off-world trade-Addon - and because most needed in the future still weapons (reference/inspired from movie "Lord of War") - from my understanding a good addition and a different job/play you can go. but most people and feedback expected useable cyborgs/weapons etc. - but this was never the design-basis. over the time and patches you can now use weapons/equipment but the core-idea/principle and balance is lost. for weapons and equipment are many other mods aviable also with better stats.
- so until i can bring the "pfw-ship" back on course - i don't see the need to upload and get more questions about useable cyborgs and complains.
- factorio is in my opinion not a fighting-game and personal it's more annoying biters die in front of walls and guns. every equiment mod overpower your power-amor or guns and make fighting more funless. you don't need a strategy or tactic - place turrets and watch dying biters.
there is a mod Droid Army with useable Cyborgs (and i supported with gfx)
magals wrote:if delete ISR-Mover and ISL-Mover
i get S.I.-Prototyp
it's correct?
maybe not - i will check this - but in some case it's a better solution because otherwise you have useless inserters in your inventory.

guixiao
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by guixiao »

Why are only the initial regional resource?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

guixiao wrote:Why are only the initial regional resource?
for sure not intended ... and if the map-generator hate my mod a little longer i use a alternative way to generate the materials or simply remove ^^

try the console-command - /c remote.call("yuoki","spawn") - for respawn

you can also transmute vanilla-ressources into needed others.

delerium76
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by delerium76 »

YuokiTani wrote: pfw has some issues
- from the initial balance is not many left (updates)
- the other is a design-mistake from me ... i released this as off-world trade-Addon - and because most needed in the future still weapons (reference/inspired from movie "Lord of War") - from my understanding a good addition and a different job/play you can go. but most people and feedback expected useable cyborgs/weapons etc. - but this was never the design-basis. over the time and patches you can now use weapons/equipment but the core-idea/principle and balance is lost. for weapons and equipment are many other mods aviable also with better stats.
- so until i can bring the "pfw-ship" back on course - i don't see the need to upload and get more questions about useable cyborgs and complains.
- factorio is in my opinion not a fighting-game and personal it's more annoying biters die in front of walls and guns. every equiment mod overpower your power-amor or guns and make fighting more funless. you don't need a strategy or tactic - place turrets and watch dying biters.
there is a mod Droid Army with useable Cyborgs (and i supported with gfx)
Shame. I liked the trader aspect of pfw in endgame as something to do. I've never seen the movie "Lord of War", but I envisioned it as if you were a war profiteer stripping a planet of it's resources to make a profit and at the same time help supply a galactic war your people were fighting. I never thought of it as a personal equipment/fighting cyborg mod. It's a great concept and if you don't plan on abandoning it (I hope), I'll look forward to your rework into a strictly trade focused addon. It's one of the few mods that gave me some unique endgame goals to attain instead of the boring, "build a rocket".

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

wanted to have artillery in youki mod)

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

My Recycling Machines Mod will not work with Yuoki Industries, for one simple reason. My mod assumes that the recipe name for creating an item/entity is the same as the item/entity name. This is true for vanilla, and also Bob's Mods and 5dim mods.

For example:

In 'vanilla' for the entity with the name 'accumulator', the recipe name to create that entity is also called 'accumulator'.
However, in Yuoki Industries for the entity called "y-accumulator-b" it is created with a recipe called "y-accumulator-b-recipe"

Is there any reason for this?

I *could* write some special code to cope with this if there was something 'unique' that identifies Yuoki Industries items/entities/recipes. Is there anything that you can suggest please? Do you for example ALWAYS add the suffix '-recipe' or '_recipe' and the 'y-' prefix to your recipe names?

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

DRY411S wrote:My Recycling Machines Mod will not work with Yuoki Industries, for one simple reason. My mod assumes that the recipe name for creating an item/entity is the same as the item/entity name. This is true for vanilla, and also Bob's Mods and 5dim mods.

For example:

In 'vanilla' for the entity with the name 'accumulator', the recipe name to create that entity is also called 'accumulator'.
However, in Yuoki Industries for the entity called "y-accumulator-b" it is created with a recipe called "y-accumulator-b-recipe"

I *could* write some special code to cope with this if there was something 'unique' that identifies Yuoki Industries items/entities/recipes. Is there anything that you can suggest please? Do you for example ALWAYS add the suffix '-recipe' or '_recipe' and the 'y-' prefix to your recipe names?
Recipe name and result do not have to match, so even if Yuoki has a pattern wouldn't it be better to just write your recipe script to handle all cases, so you would support all mods going forward?

How does your mod handle multiple recipes for the same item? Yuoki can produce many vanilla items.

Since they result in a vanilla item they won't fit a pattern you could apply globally for example recipe: y-ac-uc2plastic-recipe, result = plastic-bar.

Globally recipes all have name of the recipe in "name" and "name" of result in result. Your machine or whatever would be getting results as input I assume and then producing multiple outputs? so why not use recipe result field to build your recycle version of a recipe?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

DRY411S wrote:My Recycling Machines Mod will not work with Yuoki Industries, for one simple reason. My mod assumes that the recipe name for creating an item/entity is the same as the item/entity name. This is true for vanilla, and also Bob's Mods and 5dim mods.

For example:

i had suggested this a long time ago because every mod overwrites otherwise recipes, item, entitys. i don't know how many mods have a accumulator-b, steam-engine-mk2, or iron-dust, speed-module-4 or something. to prevent any conflict or overwriting other mods i use prefix. suffix-recipe is to make the code clearer to read, easier search etc.
prefixes are y-, ye-, yi-, yir- and underline variants (newer) because the mouse-double-click only selects whole words with underlines y_, yi_ etc.

in my opinion it would also make debugging or error-search easier with a clear name-rule. but since change (~1.5 years i think) no overwrites, conflicts or your item crash the game reported ...

sorry but i keep my name-rules.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

For example:

Instead of searching for the recipe title, you maybe could look for the main_result, or if there is a single result?

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

YuokiTani wrote:
sorry but i keep my name-rules.
I don't have a problem with that at all :). If I know the rules I can write the code :)

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Arch666Angel wrote:Instead of searching for the recipe title, you maybe could look for the main_result, or if there is a single result?
I actually search for 'types'. Because it's 'types' that I recycle. Types are 'ammo', 'armor', 'capsule', 'item', 'mining-tool', 'module', 'repair-tool' and 'tool'.

For each prototype that I find within those types, I then look for a recipe that has the same name. This works for everything apart from Yuoki (so far of the big mods that I have tested).

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Peppe wrote:Recipe name and result do not have to match, so even if Yuoki has a pattern wouldn't it be better to just write your recipe script to handle all cases, so you would support all mods going forward?
I originally wrote this mod for vanilla only, and am now starting to enhance it to cope with mods. You can find it at: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/ZRecycling

My code looks for the recipe for every entity/item prototype assuming that the entity/item name and the recipe name are the same. This has worked fine for vanilla and for Bob's Mods.
Peppe wrote:How does your mod handle multiple recipes for the same item? Yuoki can produce many vanilla items.
It doesn't. It assumes that every entity/item has only one recipe. Again this worked fine for vanilla, and is an issue for some of Bob's Modules.
Peppe wrote:Since they result in a vanilla item they won't fit a pattern you could apply globally for example recipe: y-ac-uc2plastic-recipe, result = plastic-bar.

Globally recipes all have name of the recipe in "name" and "name" of result in result. Your machine or whatever would be getting results as input I assume and then producing multiple outputs? so why not use recipe result field to build your recycle version of a recipe?
I could amend it I suppose to cycle through every recipe where the result name is the same as the item/entity name. This would be more compute intensive, but thanks for the idea. :)

It's also worth noting that the 'recipe.result' is not reliable. I have found 5 different 'use cases' in vanilla and mods.

-- 1 The result_count is missing, in which case it is 1
-- 2 There is a single 'result'. This is my reversed recipe ingredient
-- 3 There is a 'results' with only 1 result that isn't the default type i.e. not an 'item'
-- 4 There is a 'results' with only 1 result that IS the default type but has just been coded that way by a modder)
-- 5 There is a 'results' with more than one product produced by the recipe
-- The 3rd and the 5th scenarios are things I cannot recycle. The recipe result is my ingredient and I support only 1 (non-fluid) ingredient.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”