Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

kingoftheinternet
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by kingoftheinternet »

I'm guessing this has been done somewhere, but I can't find it:

Where can I read a high-level description (like, a few paragraphs) of the different things these mods do? The download post: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=12214

only links to various videos, which, well: a wise man once said that he'd prefer to learn about new software with instructions spray painted on the side of a cow than watch a video, and I usually agree. :)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote:hmm, why is Download YI-Mod unclear ?

and here this thread-header says - Informations ... not Download
also i think no one new read this complete thread from the beginning - i can put this into archive and start a new one, but then you lost the history.

so, it's also the Suggestion-thread - any ideas to improve and remove confusion ?
Nah, nothing can be done about that. People who don't read will never read.
kingoftheinternet wrote:I'm guessing this has been done somewhere, but I can't find it:

Where can I read a high-level description (like, a few paragraphs) of the different things these mods do? The download post: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=12214

only links to various videos, which, well: a wise man once said that he'd prefer to learn about new software with instructions spray painted on the side of a cow than watch a video, and I usually agree. :)
There's no short descriptions anywhere other than what's already in the game. The name of the mods themselves are self-explanatory. If you don't want to watch the videos, then you can always find out for yourself how things work. It's one of the best way to learn things. I believe another wise man also said that, which I agree.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

kingoftheinternet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kingoftheinternet »

Fatmice wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:hmm, why is Download YI-Mod unclear ?

and here this thread-header says - Informations ... not Download
also i think no one new read this complete thread from the beginning - i can put this into archive and start a new one, but then you lost the history.

so, it's also the Suggestion-thread - any ideas to improve and remove confusion ?
Nah, nothing can be done about that. People who don't read will never read.
kingoftheinternet wrote:I'm guessing this has been done somewhere, but I can't find it:

There's no short descriptions anywhere other than what's already in the game. The name of the mods themselves are self-explanatory. If you don't want to watch the videos, then you can always find out for yourself how things work. It's one of the best way to learn things. I believe another wise man also said that, which I agree.
Shocking but ok. It's mainly a time commitment thing -- that doesn't appeal to me for same reason I don't want to watch apparently-hours of video to understand what this is about. The lack of prose seemed incongruous with the amount of effort that's clearly gone into this so I thought I might've just failed to find it while searching.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

It's double the work and so few actually will read it. If you like the mod and will play it, perhaps you will spend the time to write down things? I never felt the need to do that and I have been playing this mod for a long time.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

kingoftheinternet wrote: Shocking but ok. It's mainly a time commitment thing -- that doesn't appeal to me for same reason I don't want to watch apparently-hours of video to understand what this is about. The lack of prose seemed incongruous with the amount of effort that's clearly gone into this so I thought I might've just failed to find it while searching.
hmm, i would say it's never a good idea to spend time in front of a computer and wasting time with playing games ... but everyone ignores this warning - so i have created this mod to suck your time like a vampire ;) - informations about the high-level is good, as long the mod or factorio don't change to much. in the past some things changed drastic and made any known information useless. so it's hard to find the balance about the right information. everyone expected different things by downloading this mod and this result in hate, love or ignore. Can help better informations ?
maybe a little in your gameplay but it's easy to find by yourself - and if not it's not nessesary to finish the game, for the others it would set different expectations.
And also i'am suprised from time to time what players create + build-layout develop and hidden values discovered. it takes some time and a few steps to go deeper into this mod. it's the same situation you walk (step by step) to your refrigerator for a cold beer and get suprised it's empty - the next steps leads to your next store or back to your pc or you drink something different ;)

okay,
Yuoki-Industries Version 0.2.45
fixes 2 things
- dirtdigging with toolhead give now 5 dirt instead of 4
- some code changed to make this mod compatible for BigBags-Mod. (thx binbinhfr)

sonkhritis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sonkhritis »

will the cyborgs from Profit from War will be useable in future versions??

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

one cyborg is useable as armor - you can walk as mech/cyborg around

but because of this expectations and misunderstanding all possible useable items (cyborgs, tanks, cars, guns) will removed from this mod.
shields and some other things not. depends also more of the direction factorio develops.

drayath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drayath »

Is the recipe to repair a broken toolhead (y_toolhead_broken) missing?

used in the dust creation in presser without water recipe.
As a note each tool-head use gives 1 extra Nblue chunk repair cost would have to be snificantly less than this to be worth using.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

drayath wrote:Is the recipe to repair a broken toolhead (y_toolhead_broken) missing?

used in the dust creation in presser without water recipe.
As a note each tool-head use gives 1 extra Nblue chunk repair cost would have to be snificantly less than this to be worth using.
no, you found both together in the YI-Tab second line - blue symbols with white R.
with tool 5 ore to 12 dust in 7 seconds
without tool 1 ore to 2 dust in 6 seconds

you gain a time-benefit and if you want the same production-speed you need 4x more crusher results in more energy-consume. (also its more testing new gameplay concepts and get interesting production-lines with pros and cons - up to you, make the best from this situation)

Only the Drillhead needs N4 (dirt-digging), the Toolhead is sharpend with stone !

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I noticed that ground tiles can be used to remove water. It's tricky because we have to place and remove tiles but after some effor it's possible.
Now I know why devs don't allow to place stone/concrete near water :P

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:I noticed that ground tiles can be used to remove water. It's tricky because we have to place and remove tiles but after some effor it's possible.
Now I know why devs don't allow to place stone/concrete near water :P
yes ... i removed/reduced this behavior from nearly all tiles made in tile-factory ... but if you use the copper- or iron-tile in the extra-line (handcrafted ones) you can really fast remove water.
(but you can lay the tile 1 step closer as vanilla and have the little suprise if the game decide to fill the water or not)

but it's of course not intend, i wanted a clear concrete-shaped/builded water-line (industrial water reservoir) ... but looks like the code don't allow this.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

You want pier?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Hmmm, YI mod could have some kind of terra-forming like shore of the lake management and piers.
In that way factory will looks more and more industrial.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:You want pier?
Neotix wrote:Hmmm, YI mod could have some kind of terra-forming like shore of the lake management and piers.
yes in that way to shape a lake into a industrial-water reservoir. so it needs concrete, industrial edges. of course i could make a gfx like an open tank with water but it's not the same behavior. and of course a pier with pumps placed at the sides can also look nice. overall a visual contrast from natural to artificial.

for codeing options
- i'am more interested in a way to detect and identify nearby entitys and switch/trigger the source and maybe target entity. so if you switch 1 entity on, all nearby entitys also change the state and give feedback they are "online" - to the source to trigger the next state. example: place a 3x3 entity and if you surround this entity with stuff without space it flips the state (12 or 16 tiles close around checked for right entity).
- code - if you near at railroads lets say 20 tiles all trains on this railroad slow down (in this + nearby chunk) ... if you go closer the train stops so you can enter and ride the train instead of crushing to death
- code - if a train enters a railroad section to enable warnlights or close Railway barriers/crossings

edit: i have read yet the last FF so it looks no code is needed ^^ - also railways changes ...

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Hi all, I love Yuoki Industries very much. It is a very amazing and interesting mod.
But may I have a little request? --- YI belts!
Any possibility that we will have faster belts and loner underground belts from Yuoki Industries?
We have upgraded inserters, pipes, assemblers, robots, etc. But we are missing the upgraded belts!

(I don't play other big mods because of the graphics. Not saying they are bad, but Yuoki's graphics are too amazing. So I don't have belts faster then the express one.)

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

If I remember correctly, Yuoki said before that he want to avoid duplicate features from other mods. Of course some element are redundant but very few.
I'm using bob logistic module for faster belts and they fit really well with YI mod.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Mooncat wrote:Hi all, I love Yuoki Industries very much. It is a very amazing and interesting mod.
But may I have a little request? --- YI belts!
Any possibility that we will have faster belts and loner underground belts from Yuoki Industries?
We have upgraded inserters, pipes, assemblers, robots, etc. But we are missing the upgraded belts!
(I don't play other big mods because of the graphics. Not saying they are bad, but Yuoki's graphics are too amazing. So I don't have belts faster then the express one.)
+ suggestion registered +
And i have some ideas for it, but at the moment i'am waiting for 0.13 ... i can't predict how much time i need to make YI-Industries/Railways + Addons ready and playable for factorio 0.13 - So until factorio 0.13 is released, i don't know if i need to remove/change stuff or the interface is the same or not. i have moved all action and possible changes (execpt bug-fixes) after the factorio 0.13 release. so with some luck YI works fine with 0.13.
i still play factorio from time to time and have interest to continue playing, expanding, experimenting my mod. if its possible for me - i will make it 0.13 compatible.
Neotix wrote:If I remember correctly, Yuoki said before that he want to avoid duplicate features from other mods. Of course some element are redundant but very few.
I'm using bob logistic module for faster belts and they fit really well with YI mod.
Yes it's correct, but if there a way to make it different or unique or feeling okay and not OP i will maybe go this way :)
but of course maybe you don't recognize the new gfx/behavoir as belts ;) [example: pneumatic tubemail-system ^^]

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Pneumatic tubemail system could be quite interesting addon but if we don't want another type of belt, it should work like bots that can go only though pipes (similar to pipes from Buildcraft that is Minecraft mod).

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote:
Fatmice wrote:You want pier?
Neotix wrote:Hmmm, YI mod could have some kind of terra-forming like shore of the lake management and piers.
yes in that way to shape a lake into a industrial-water reservoir. so it needs concrete, industrial edges. of course i could make a gfx like an open tank with water but it's not the same behavior. and of course a pier with pumps placed at the sides can also look nice. overall a visual contrast from natural to artificial.
The pier thing could be done with some code. Imagine laying down some entities to layout the outline of the pier. Then once you are happy, place a finalizing pier entity that then trigger the tile replacement code. This would need experimentation to see if it would work, but intuitively I think it should. It should also negate the need for complicated heuristics to choose the tile to replace since that is done by the human when laying out the pier pieces. Of course, the hard part is making sprites that would blend in together.
Neotix wrote:Pneumatic tubemail system could be quite interesting addon but if we don't want another type of belt, it should work like bots that can go only though pipes (similar to pipes from Buildcraft that is Minecraft mod).
Don't tell me you are advocating piping for items? How would you walk on that? It would cause major obstacles like pipes do .... unless overhead pipes?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I wasn't speaking about liquid pipes. It would be ridiculous to pipe entire factory :P.
It could looks like paralel pipes and you could walk over them (like belts).
Pneumatic pipes couldn't be connected to create crosses, you would need router and split/merges pipes (in that way we avoid building multi pipes that complicate routing items).
Something like that:
Last edited by Neotix on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”