Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

But it is possible to scale the graphics a bit within the game itself. The pictures.shift = { , } code is in the game data, but there's also pictures.scale = 1.04 or some other needed number.

Having a whole number for the length ensures that no matter where you place it, if every other rail entity has whole numbers too then the same number of inserters will go to that entity no matter what.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

all gfx-setups found by trial and error without documentation or help.

I would use round numbers, but ask the developers why they use this crude numbers. If you change any number, the cargo-wagon or locomotive begin to jump into driveing direction (some still do). No documentation for gfx - so i have done my best to figure out which size is needed to fit this shit into the same location and size as the vanilla-wagon and locomotives. beside that vanilla uses 4 or 8 sheets, i use 2 sheets - not because i'am lazy - i want understandable and reproduceable results not random offsets and chaotic sheets.

you can't shift the gfx very well because trains aligned in north-south direction - every shift move them from the rails. if north-south looks good - west-east is misaligned (clips into next wagon - or move in NE-direction outside the track). but you can experiment this by yourself - good luck.

connection, joint and other values includes also the bounding- and selection-box - and if you use wrong numbers you get a nice error-message or exploding trains ...
also connection_distance is the green connection-indicator - has nothing todo with inserters. as long a cargo-bounding-box occupies or touches a tile the inserter - insert. if you use detail-view you can clearly see the rail-block-boxes (2x2) - so it's only the question if you can reach 2 or 3 rail-blocks - independently from any gfx.

but I may be wrong.

and if someone look closer ... in some corners the gfx get's clipped, some locomotives clip as well but they should'nt, rail-direction NE, NW, SE, SW is not perfect 45° ... etc. lot's of stuff to improve - or take as it is.

of course vanilla-sheets you can recolor and stretch as you want, because you have always a functional fallback-value-setup.

if i play factorio - i have time and no need to fit 8 or more inserters to 1 cargo-wagon ... i use 2 or 3 ... and enjoy watching my trains do that they should - driving along the tracks.

ClubPetey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ClubPetey »

I've been playing with Youki's mods for about 20 hours now, mostly in a test world. I've come up with a few questions I'm hoping someone with more experience can answer.

1. Four off-shore pumps, feeding one Obnisnk can run two Rensiurs very stable at around 21MW. However, It seems the Obnisnk doesn't work like regular boilers, or the Rensiur doesn't work like a regular turbine, because chaining two Obnisnk's in series cannot run four Rensiurs. I've tried four pumps and eight pumps versions. Best I've been able to get is 30MW out of this setup. It looks to be a water flow problem, as once the system comes under load the water levels drop from 500 to around 150 in the boilers, and near zero on the Rensiurs. Is there a trick to getting chains of these large boilers/turbines to work? EC pipe didn't seem to help.

2. I've played around with all the different boilers, steam-generators, YI engines, etc. And I can see uses for it all. EXCEPT the 3.3MW - 14MW Generators. They look great, but they are inefficient, and their outputs don't seem to line up with any of the boiler sizes. For example, The Obnisnk cannot power two 14.7 Generators, but using it to power one is wasteful. (maybe since I'm having trouble chaining them together). I've watched some play-throughs and seen FatMice's series on the mod as a whole, and these generators are rarely used or discussed. Does anyone have any builds using these generators? I want to understand their use.

Thanks for help.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

to 1)
no, its not intended to use obninsk in chains - designed obninsk output (water) is ~22.5 MWel. So if you run 2 rensuir = 23 MW or 14.7 + 9.7 MW Generator you are very close to the optimal intended setup. bigger turbines and boilers have better efficency.

to 2)
3.3 MW Generators comes in 2 different types - primary and secondary - i recommend primary for basic-load and secondary for additional energy-spikes. it's also a space-saver if you compare vanilla-steam-engines to 3.3 generators. bigger generators have less efficency.

turbines designed for use with water (all efficency above 100%) - generators can run with water, but designed to run with MF (all efficency below 100%) - boilers (includes obninsk, rheinsberg) can heat water or MF (MF has higher heat-capacity and intended use with gearbox)
keep in mind, bigger boilers needs more valueable fuel with higher MJ.

at the first page/post of this thread you can find a older value-sheet, but the numbers (efficency) still in use.

ClubPetey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ClubPetey »

Explored MF today, I've created a simple setup:

Solid Fuel Engine -> 3.6MW Boiler -> 3.3MW Generator

This gives me about 3MW of power, which seems to make sense, the less-than-100% efficiency of the generator is offset by the higher temperature of MF.

But it raises two more questions:

1. So how does the boiler and the gearbox interact? The tooltip says it needs to come before input, but why? I see it can work as a multiplier and gives a slight increase to MF, but I don't really understand why you would use it. Do you chain 10 of them together to greatly multiply your MF? Or is it more like a pre-heater on a diesel engine? So the boiler doesn't work as hard. FatMice's video shows the gearbox potentially used like a battery, storing energy in the MF, but is that it's only use?

2. Given the over-efficient Rensuir and the low pollution of the Obnisnk compared to a solid fuel generator:
(21MW of power from Obnisnk/Rensuir = 25 pollution vs. 18MW of power from 6 Solid-Fuel Engines + 6 Boilers = 432 Pollution)

Why would anyone use MF? To use solid fuel engines to create enough MF to full a Rheinsberg takes a huge amount of pollution, and then once the generators are under load, the amount of MF you have to feed it requires a huge number of engines, or the reactor which costs you 20MW out of the 50MW you are generating.

Maybe it's just the pollution numbers being un-balanced, but I'm not sure I'm using MF for its intended purpose.

Wasteland_Hero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wasteland_Hero »

I have just started using all of the Yuoki Industries train mods, and I am one who likes aesthetic appealing gameplay. You train mods are beautifully done, btw.

But I also like to play with Bobs mods which add a lot of extra ores into the game as I am sure you are aware of. I was just wondering if there was any possibility of adding ore cars to the game that have the art work to match the bobs ores?
By this I mean a car for each: Bauxite (Aluminum), Gold, Gem, Galena (Lead), Quartz (Silicon), Rutile (Titanium), Silver, Tin, Tungsten, and Zinc ores.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

ClubPetey wrote:Explored MF today, I've created a simple setup:

Solid Fuel Engine -> 3.6MW Boiler -> 3.3MW Generator

This gives me about 3MW of power, which seems to make sense, the less-than-100% efficiency of the generator is offset by the higher temperature of MF.

But it raises two more questions:

1. So how does the boiler and the gearbox interact? The tooltip says it needs to come before input, but why? I see it can work as a multiplier and gives a slight increase to MF, but I don't really understand why you would use it. Do you chain 10 of them together to greatly multiply your MF? Or is it more like a pre-heater on a diesel engine? So the boiler doesn't work as hard. FatMice's video shows the gearbox potentially used like a battery, storing energy in the MF, but is that it's only use?

2. Given the over-efficient Rensuir and the low pollution of the Obnisnk compared to a solid fuel generator:
(21MW of power from Obnisnk/Rensuir = 25 pollution vs. 18MW of power from 6 Solid-Fuel Engines + 6 Boilers = 432 Pollution)

Why would anyone use MF? To use solid fuel engines to create enough MF to full a Rheinsberg takes a huge amount of pollution, and then once the generators are under load, the amount of MF you have to feed it requires a huge number of engines, or the reactor which costs you 20MW out of the 50MW you are generating.

Maybe it's just the pollution numbers being un-balanced, but I'm not sure I'm using MF for its intended purpose.
Read this for gearbox.
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=12216&start=70#p126391

As for MF, it is to support massive energy movement through fluid. Water does not have the heat capacity of MF so more water can be consumed than could be provided by pipe throughout when electric generation is above 30 MW.

Regarding pollution, it does not matter since that just means you need to use pollution reducing buildings. It is a price you pay for using MF. You ought to be friendly with the Fatmice cycle engine or the Owner's Monument. ;)
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

ClubPetey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ClubPetey »

Thanks for your help FatMice/Youki. After another day of fooling around, I finally got the hang of it, and came up with something to share:
60MW.png
60MW.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 6570 times
This contraption uses two 3.6MW Boilers to produce 60MW of power, with about 45MW useable. While idle (no load) it uses about 2MW. It produces very little pollution, but does consume Fuel, UniComp, and a fair amount of Lubricant. So now I have a reason to create a corn farm.

I think I might be abusing the MF system, but I'm proud of it. :D

-pete

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I would test that for stability when under heavy stress. The reason I put a flow regulator before and after every gearbox is so MF has a chance to linger in the output fluid box and be modified by my code. You should test it to make sure under heavy stress you are not using more MF than you are producing or the energy feedback that you have will collapse. ;)

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

Yuoki,

Can you explain why this is happening ? :(

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Twsted wrote:Yuoki,

Can you explain why this is happening ? :(

Delete crop-cache.dat

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

:D :D \o/ \o/ :D :D

Thank you , that worked.
Thank you thank you thank you :)

Randomness
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Randomness »

Is there a wiki for all this stuff :P I'm interested but confused

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

No, play with it and discover how it works or watch my vids.

Rhym
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rhym »

I just found out about all this. What is this madness, where can I get all of this? :shock:

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

It should be clear where you can get these things.

Rhym
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rhym »

Fatmice wrote:It should be clear where you can get these things.
It should, but it's not :lol:

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Rhym wrote:
Hyperlinks in first post of a thread isnt considered clear?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

seronis wrote:
Rhym wrote:
Hyperlinks in first post of a thread isnt considered clear?
I know right? :roll:

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

hmm, why is Download YI-Mod unclear ?

and here this thread-header says - Informations ... not Download
also i think no one new read this complete thread from the beginning - i can put this into archive and start a new one, but then you lost the history.

so, it's also the Suggestion-thread - any ideas to improve and remove confusion ?

Return to “Yuoki Industries”