Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

A bit small ^^

Have you an example?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Like this

1 pump to 9 boilers to 6 steam engines. Replicate the lines as needed. This example here is 19 MW peak and stable.
Example
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

some of my bad designs ;) - i recommend to experiment because it's not vanilla with 1 engine and 1 boiler -> so possible combinations are explode ;)

single-line, 2 pumps, boiler fired ~ 9 MW Screen
multi-line, many pumps, boiler fired ~ 8 MW per line Screen
multi-line, many pumps, advanced boiler fired, ~ 65 MW total Screen

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

Thanks! It works perfect *-*

But this many biters :P

Photoloss
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Photoloss »

Is it intentional that some machines lack module support? Productivity modules on modded intermediates I assume are due to the hassle of maintaining a whitelist, but why can't Crushers take any modules at all? Farms/cages, the monument and Fatmice engines also lack module slots yet benefit from beacons. On the same topic, the E2 drill claims to be "better than standard", yet has 1 less module slot (and will suck the ore out under neighbouring standard drills, which costs you up to 20% productivity bonus...)
The crusher is particularly aggrevating because it also has higher output than input, leaving you with a huge sprawling mess of low-tier machines and tons of belts while the rest of the factory can be pretty compact with brown modules. If you don't want it to get cookie-cutter modules, perhaps introduce an MF-powered crusher that's simply much more space-efficient by default?

The Fast Assembly however is a nice sidegrade, forcing you to choose between speed and productivity.

And a bugreport for PFW: the laser weapons seem to have a range limit coded into the ammo item, rendering the Lasergun useless as the projectiles despawn long before reaching 40 range. In terms of using either laser weapon the plasma gun has too little projectile width and the missile travel time makes the laser far worse for sniping than e.g. the bobmod sniper rifle. The minigun simply evaporates vanilla biters though :twisted:

Other than that the mods look really nice, the only thing I'm kinda missing is an equivalent to bobsmods' research tech tree, not as a gating mechanism but to guide (especially newer) players into the progression system. I don't really know any alternatives to research, but perhaps you could make the techs very cheap and fast to research? Most things are already (somewhat) reasonably gated by vanilla tech, but that's missing this "aha!" factor on unlocking the next tier of boiler/machine. Is it at least possible to lock all modded items behind the techs that are truly necessary to create them and make them show up in the respective research description, without violating the "only additions" policy on the coding side of things?

Hinanawi-sama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hinanawi-sama »

I'm getting this error just running Industries itself.
I'm sure this isn't the only PNG its gonna have an issue with, its only the first one it caught.
Any quick fixes that don't require a new version? (I have PS CS6 at my disposal if its a simple PNG modification)

Yuoki Industries 0.2.37 on Factorio 12.18 64-bit

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Delete crop-cache.dat

Hinanawi-sama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hinanawi-sama »

AHHH I knew I had left overs after swapping from 11.22 to 12.18. Tyvm.

Nasabot
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nasabot »

After exploring Bobs mod I also tried Yuokies and actually I like the idea of producing and "selling" stuff.

But the problem I see is, that vanilla content necessarily makes this mod imbalanced.

The best thing you can do for Yuokis mod is to DELETE energy saving modules(or change numbers to ~-5% instead of -50%) and get rid of solar panels and also the new sun powered stirling which is nothing but an improved solar module, because those 2 things counteract the concept of this mod in my opinion.(free, pollution less energy)

I am really looking for a mod where resources(also energy!) are scarce and the progression-curve is very steep.
Just an exaggerated example of what I mean:

boiler mk1 : 50% Effieciency, 390kW (standard)
boiler mk2 : 55% Effieciency, 600kW, Cost: 100 Steel
boiler mk3 : 59% Effieciency, 800kW, Cost: 100 Steel, 100 advanced circuits
etc

When I played Bobs mod I completly rebalanced it, because the "powercreep" was EXTREMLY HIGH and though Yuokis mods balance seems reasonable, it suffers from the powercreep from the vanilla game...

For instance:
With stuff like efficiency modules you can create an "energy loop". (charging a batterie at lower energy cost, than it gives when discharging it. No wonder, if 2 modules reduce consumption by 80%) The energy modules are gamebreaking in my opinion, because you cant balance a energy centered mod around it. You would have to increased all energy costs by x4-x5.

What I like the most in Yuokis mod is the ability to transmute resources INDIRECTLY(not just buying and selling in the UC item) but you produce something with Input X and Sell it for Output Y while you need Output Y as input for other items. This is a great idea!

I came to Yuokis because someone on the internet said, that this mod has a lot of endgame content, but unfortunatly I have to disagree: Its rather a pseudo-endamecontent.

Because what you do is build "more and more" instead of "better and better". In the boiler example I showed, what I mean and which kind of "progression-curve" I prefer. In my opinion almost all (advanced) buildings in vanilla and all mods I discovered so far are by far too cheap in comparision to the abundance of resources even a scarce starting planet provides.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Nasabot wrote: What I like the most in Yuokis mod is the ability to transmute resources INDIRECTLY(not just buying and selling in the UC item) but you produce something with Input X and Sell it for Output Y while you need Output Y as input for other items. This is a great idea!
I came to Yuokis because someone on the internet said, that this mod has a lot of endgame content, but unfortunatly I have to disagree: Its rather a pseudo-endamecontent.
Because what you do is build "more and more" instead of "better and better". In the boiler example I showed, what I mean and which kind of "progression-curve" I prefer. In my opinion almost all (advanced) buildings in vanilla and all mods I discovered so far are by far too cheap in comparision to the abundance of resources even a scarce starting planet provides.
Many people don't understand this mechanic, because it's a little different, and useing other mods with the classic progression way.
The internet lying ;) - i'am sure you haven't build all possible things in YI-Engines or YI_PFW. if you use the PFW-Addon you can see some later (endgame?) stuff, build your mech-armor, or minigun etc. But same thing here, it's a different gameplay and not liked very much. I like it, and from time to time i play with it, but it was a lot of work and is still todo. Is it worth the time ? - atm in my gameplays i use this rarely - so it has no priority.

Cheap is relative because all depends on your playtime. Even it would cost 5x it would lead to use a cheaper mod or maybe play a little longer and use than a mod.

Removeing Solar-Panels from the game would also make Accumulators useless. Factorio changed the power-stages, so you can have only 2 primary and secondary, it limits the energy options you have. I would like to remember, if vanilla factorio adds new, more and better machinery, boilers etc. i will remove this from the mod.

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Not sure if bug reports go in this thread. If so, on the tooltip for 4R-Inserter it should say "like a crane" not "cran". :)

On "trade meat as beef", "selled" should be "sold".

Thanks!

Edit: Removed something else that was my mistake, not a bug.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

The grammatical errors that you find is a feature not a blemish. ;)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

roy7 wrote:Not sure if bug reports go in this thread. If so, on the tooltip for 4R-Inserter it should say "like a crane" not "cran". :)
On "trade meat as beef", "selled" should be "sold".
changed in latest release, but i have add new words with incorrect english :)

Let's see the Release-Notes for 0.2.38 ...

changes
- some recipes
- fixed some (most) Bounding Boxes, so you can walk between more Objects
- Range of Guns changed (+)
- Alien-Lamp and High-Power-Lamp swaped gfx (badly i can't match overlay-light-color with gfx) - changed recipes too
- speed-up for the 4R-Inserter
- E2-miner GFX exchanged, size is now 5x5 !

new
- 1 Flying Logistic Robot
- 1 Flying Construction Robot

* yes, i found it annoying get stuck between machinery so changed, but i'am sure i have missed some
* around +3 for all guns
* i'am was okay with the old graphics but i got the idea to match the light-color to the lamp ... i thought it's possible, but i'am wrong, so only gfx changed. matches not the icon atm, but 1 lamp is better and 1 worser in gfx ^^ - also recipe changed and it's now more expensive - for this i reduce the energy-consumption :)
* was to slow and it's now faster ... needs still a better graphic
* added also 2 flying robots, i know many mod have this, but i want to play without additional mods, and only stuff i want. okay you don't have this choice, but only 2 icons more in the last line. the recipes are okay i think, and they are fast. only on downside ... i missunderstand (as always) the original-lua code and have made i nice flying animation, of course you will never see this - it's not supported. i thought some flickering will remain, and maybe the gfx swap if the robots repair something. this is because the flying-animation needs to match the shadow-animation and it's splitted into 2 speparate sheets ... i don't know why ... and i don't follow this nonsense. the constructor ;) is orange - because most build-machinery is orange or yellow ^^.

* the last thing, i swapped the E2-Miner-GFX ... this i had planed for a long time, now it's done, and maybe not final. the IMPORTENT thing is i balanced this miner new ... bad news first ^^ - it's now 5x5 and you need to replace all miners. - the good news ? ... okay lying around here somewhere ^^ ... ah yes it's now a little bit faster, and has in my opinion a real unique graphic and animation (but still room for improvement).

if you have read until here, you can decide to download or not - version is marked as testing in the download-section. it's possible this is the last Yuoki-Industries-Core release for this year. i will add/link tomorrow a short-video about the changes.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

You forgot to add flying squirrels. ;)

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Fatmice wrote:You forgot to add flying squirrels. ;)
And what about the flying biters :P!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Not using your new version from today, but when I deconstruct a 4R Inserter, it puts a normal long inserter into my inventory instead of a 4R Inserter.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, that's always been like that. It's not a bug :)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

jorgenRe wrote:
Fatmice wrote:You forgot to add flying squirrels. ;)
And what about the flying biters :P!
^^
i'am sure you shocked more if i had added them :)
by the way ... i thinked about a 1.April joke ... for a tame-gun ... you know, you can tame a biter as a pet or more :) ... and with your idea its a small step go further, like feed some quantrinium and the biter can fly and gain some intelligence ;) ...
sqirrels also a good choice but i'am bad with organical stuff, so i had name this as squirrels to know this gfx should be a squirrel :)
roy7 wrote:Not using your new version from today, but when I deconstruct a 4R Inserter, it puts a normal long inserter into my inventory instead of a 4R Inserter.
i'am lazy with the gfx for this. but i sould changes this to prevent future irritations.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Yuoki-Industries takes every profit ... and now it's time for Christmas ;)

I want to say Thank You! to all players for the feedback.
Special Thanks to Fatmice for supporting the mod and addons with working lua-Code.
also special thanks to you for posting support, sample-builds, shareing concepts, blueprints etc.

for people who like Yuoki-Industries and maybe Christmas too, i have here a special-edition. it swaps the normal-graphics with a little more christmas feel.

and a video shows this in action and little more stuff ... (you can place snowman's ^^)

only one downside ... you need to delete the crop-cache.dat in factorio-folder again.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Love it. :)

Return to “Yuoki Industries”