Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by YuokiTani »

@sword2140
Thank you for your list and your pov, but some additional reasons for not implementing in YI - but someone makes a Equivalent Exchange Mod (like the minecraft one) - he/she needs your list
- people fail to understand the basic conversation rate and how to use (cimota itself) ... more complicated or realistic recipes would not help
- people fail to research what they needed to progress
- people tends to use the most OP mod if possible - especially if they get easy access or the item-name say "with me you can cheat"
- people research things, and can't remember what they research or searching the item and don't find it
if you don't believe this, watch some let's Plays with mods ...
Fatmice wrote:There are positive cycles in Yuoki Industries. They are there because YuokiTani himself wants them there. They are a boon for turtling, which is how he plays. The mod is made primarily for his play style. It wasn't always that way, but has been so quite early on after he realized how people choose to play mods. They play them because they offer convenience or features that vanilla or other mods don't. They also tend toward "OP" mods. This last reason is probably why fewer people play Yuoki Industries than the "other" mods, which I won't mention by name.
- this is a important thing - if i lost fun playing my mod to satisfy some requests which i don't like has this mod/addon no future, because why should i play something what i don't like ?
MantisShrimp wrote:@Yuokitan
impressive mod
-That's an impressive mod. Thanks, but you misspelled optimization, lol ;) 2 of those in miner, washed the ores, 2 in the furnace = all the freaking copper/iron you'll ever need. Also, finally I have a use for all those unicomps I infused.
-The recipe for the crystal accumulator seems temporary, the new gfx looks amazing though. I imagine it needs superconductors and wires in there. Since there are 2 clear line of accumulators, I feel like the fast charge and regular version should have the same capacity but different charge/discharge rate, otherwise I don't see the point of making slower version aside from the fact that you can upgrade them and not the fast one. Also, the 2 lines should be exclusive like regsmall->regmed->regbig and fastsmall->fastmed->fastbig. Then the last 2 assembly only accumulators requires both regbig/fastbig and then the crystals and some wire/superconductors.
-I finally got around to play with the floor tiles that you added. While they're really cool, they're kind of useless for how I use floor tiles. I spam them by holding down the mouse key and running over whatever I want to have floor. That's just not possible with your tiles since they change depending on the size and changes if they're touching another tile of the same type and thus changes size. Covering an area of any significant size with your floor tiles is a huge hassle as it's impossible to spam. I don't know how some of the gfx would work, but it'll be a good idea to separate them into 9 floor tiles instead of 3, that way we can spam to cover a large area and then go back with a different floor tile for the detail work. They're really cool and I want to use them, but I can't cover 20-something chunks of ground without having it turning into a huge mess or spending so much time to make sure the floor tiles don't change based on size and stuff.
-I feel like purified copper should be used in more recipes. I think its only use is in bullet shells. On the other hand, purified iron is used in one of those fancy crystal that's used in a lot of advanced machinery. I think purified copper should be used in the recipe of the newer crystals, especially ones that will be apart of accumulators or electric-based stuff. Alien crystal fragments should be the base of all of the crystal recipes (to give it an alien-tech base), and then purified copper or iron depending on what they're used for (electricity-based or structure-based) plus various forms of the blue/green ores. The more advanced crystals would also require more advanced version of unicomp(dust, plate, block, infused) or combination of them.
this is a good example of a useful/helping post/suggestion in my opinion ...
- it's a little bit from the old recipe, and the old values. i will rework the whole accumulator-line - the small gets dropped only into a item, so medium (2x2) and big (3x3) remain. pfw adds later a bigger type maybe 75-100 MJ pro Tile. And splitting load/discharge-rates is a good idea, because atm i use UPS-Flywheels as transmitter between energy-networks (input limits also the output). the original concept was a replace-system ... old->new in same space. but i assume most people build only the best if they can, also the better accumulator was not to hard to make.
- copy Image into yi_railway/graphics/entity/path_slag - overwrite the old file (checkerbord) - this fixes the Labor-Tiles - i encounter the same problem so i fix this in next version of yi_railways (if you use older version this icon goes into yuoki-zip) - slag-path and labor tile then without placing changes. vents-down is more a separation thing, you switch the tile-size and with it through the tiles - but works best only in single-hand-place, and if nearby tiles have a different type.
- yes, i will consider this. - i prepared 2 more gfx-variants of the new blue-crystal for later use ... in general shows my gameplay-test now a shortage on slag and alien-data-fragments ^^

Djohaal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Djohaal »

I like those new upgrades... (spoiler because large gif)
That speed, while using 20MW. :lol:

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Djohaal wrote:I like those new upgrades... (spoiler because large gif)
That speed, while using 20MW. :lol:
yep :) - but nerfing the modules is not the right way ... i think i should smoof the animation instead ;) - and maybe a little the infusion-time.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I've uploaded a new video going over the various additions and updates brought to you by Yuoki Tani with the recent release of 0.2.35.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

@Yuokitan
The Fast Assembly A cannot craft anything that requires liquid, such as electric engine and processing unit. I think that the recipe for the initial farming stuff should be done in a new machine called the genetic lab, or traded through the Laika gate. I feel like I've read something about you mentioning this, but not sure. Either way, the miracle of life shouldn't be done in your pocket. That would mean that all of the seed/animal needs an initial start, made in gene labs or traded to mimic the 'research' that you're going for, and then continued process which can be made in your pocket from the resources that it creates. For crops, it's probably fine to make in your pocket, but for the animal(s), it needs to be made inside a machine since it's biologically complicated, like some of the more advanced machines in YI. So, vugar seeds need to another recipe made from vugar. I know that you're only putting liquids your mod uses into canisters, but since you already have light oil and lube in canisters, why not put the other vanilla fluids in canisters as well.

@Djohaal
At first I thought all those beacons for 1 infuser is a bit wasteful, until I remember they need at least 20MW to run. Lol. The brown mods are great, I love them in everything that needs to go fast and efficient, which is everything I can't stick pink mods in. They get super expensive to create in mass though. Production gets bottleneck with the alien data fragment(think that's what they're called). So I think they're pretty balanced since you can't make them quickly. Also, you need data fragments for a bunch of other stuff.

@Fatmice
Saw your vid and I feel like you should update your farm to be supercharged by the magic of poo. I'm working on my ranch, but man it's taking forever to start. I'm excited about all the poo it's going to generate though. It would be super funny if you fill an underground cavern with poo and then pick it up and all of the sudden your world gets HUUUUUUGE pollution.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Let me guess, the pollution came from a huge stink bomb that you raised? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can not upgrade my farms to use poo because the builds that I have have no room to accommodate the pipes needed to distribute the poo. The amount of poo that I would need is rather large and would double the amount of land that I used for those farms to be devoted to ranching bugs. Finally, the infusion of poo would cause the productivity of those farms to exceed the processing power of the supporting buildings. So, poo literally would put my builds to shit.

A word of warning if you are gunning for poo, ranching bugs is an extremely polluting business. It puts the vanilla boiler farms to shame.
Last edited by Fatmice on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:@Yuokitan
The Fast Assembly A cannot craft anything that requires liquid, such as electric engine and processing unit. I think that the recipe for the initial farming stuff should be done in a new machine called the genetic lab, or traded through the Laika gate. I feel like I've read something about you mentioning this, but not sure. Either way, the miracle of life shouldn't be done in your pocket. That would mean that all of the seed/animal needs an initial start, made in gene labs or traded to mimic the 'research' that you're going for, and then continued process which can be made in your pocket from the resources that it creates. For crops, it's probably fine to make in your pocket, but for the animal(s), it needs to be made inside a machine since it's biologically complicated, like some of the more advanced machines in YI. So, vugar seeds need to another recipe made from vugar. I know that you're only putting liquids your mod uses into canisters, but since you already have light oil and lube in canisters, why not put the other vanilla fluids in canisters as well.
- yes, because i left room for a Fast Assembly B ;) - also comes fast production from specialization so it fits.
- yes i finished the gfx for a machine called DNA-Splicer - this would collect all different recipes to produce DNA-variants for crops and animals. no pocket-crafting anymore, and better fresh starting DNA only from trade-in through Laika-Gate. Also easier to explain what different weird and strange things grow.
- i think nobody use canister - and for vanilla stuff some other mods cover this. transporting liquids with train also reduce the need of canisters. but if you have a good reason i can add the vanilla-fluids.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

YuokiTani wrote: - yes, because i left room for a Fast Assembly B ;) - also comes fast production from specialization so it fits.
- yes i finished the gfx for a machine called DNA-Splicer - this would collect all different recipes to produce DNA-variants for crops and animals. no pocket-crafting anymore, and better fresh starting DNA only from trade-in through Laika-Gate. Also easier to explain what different weird and strange things grow.
- i think nobody use canister - and for vanilla stuff some other mods cover this. transporting liquids with train also reduce the need of canisters. but if you have a good reason i can add the vanilla-fluids.
Cool, looking forward to the new machines. I use canisters, a lot of them actually, but it's primarily because I don't like vanilla fluids handling. I know that Fatmice's fluids work great and all, but I can't see what's in the tankers and when you pick up any liquid tanks everything disappear. I don't like that mechanic of the game so I avoid it. Canisters are actual items that you can put into chests and they don't disappear when you pick up the chest. So that's my logic for using them. That and you'd be amaze how much poo I can store in a single YI-chest.

After roughly 50 hours between 3 worlds I think that it's safe to say that the WIP power cycle is super OP. The whole overheater, steam turbine, 50MW generator thing. Fatmice and Neotix builds especially. Fatmice's build uses no fuel because that thing makes enough fuel to feed itself. Neotix's build uses almost no fuel. One of my world got shut down because there were MILLIONS of infused mudballs in the logistics system. So the compressors stopped compressing and the washers stopped washing and nothing was being made. I know it's a bit silly to complain about an abundance of stuff, I could totally just transmuted the mudballs into unicomps, but the point is that the power cycle is currently extremely efficient. Only the 3x3 broilers use fuel, and they don't need much of it. The 5MW overheaters don't even put a dent in how much power those rensuirs and generators produce. So I think the overheaters should use solid or liquid fuel instead of electricity, that way it needs to be fed from a different source then itself. Maybe a fancy and incorrectly spelled fuel like the Instable Quantrinium for that spinny thing that looks really cool. Maybe there's an alien out there that wants to trade my bottled poo for some fancy fuel.

@Fatmice
You don't need to worry about my pollution. I have a factory making Fatmice Pollution Sucker 3,000. I plant those things on every chunk around my factories. I'm here to conquer the planet, not poison it.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

:) they are very useful aren't they? The fuel that they make is also very nice.

The yi_engines stuff is experimental so they tends toward OPness. It is easier to scale down than scale up. The balance point is not in the overheater, though I agree it should take solid fuel for energy, but in the turbine. The energy output can be scale up or down by adjusting the amount of MF that the turbine generates for the same amount of steam to water. So if you cut the MF by half, you cut the generation polental by half, approximately.

The turbine can also require lubricant to generate MF in addition to steam. This is an additional balance point if MF is kept the same. Indeed, this would in effect requires that you reserve more of the generated power for upkeep, which will cut down on the available power for other things.

I don't ever have excess mud ball floating around in my logistic system. What are you doing with them that you have millions laying around?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

ironicly the 50MW turbine/generator was named 25 MW internal ... at some time i had changed to 50MW but i can't remember. the 25/50MW was a question and testing the limits. because before i added it was not clear if factorio can handle this amount of energy in a fluid and give it out or run stable. because of this also the 3 fluid-connections to transport the amount of steam. but i guess it works also with 1 connection per heater looks i'am still below the fluid-transfer-cap.
so atm its more for testing and not really for productive use. - and the color will change again ^^ i'am not happy with the light-blue - next color also not at best so i will change often until its perfect ^^

in principle also solar-panels are OP ... so i need more to find a way it feels not cheap-op ^^ (remove the free-energy feelings)
i'am not very far with using MF in other machines atm. but i keep in mind i want use mf for better crushers and in general for heavy and special machinery. so maybe this idea/concept is also transportable to steam (not vanilla-water) - let's say to steamy(cook) some meat or sterilize DNA, maybe some plants/animals need heat to grow/breed ... etc.
So thats energy sure a point but also a high demand for mf or/and steam and you maybe want produce energy the classic way because your mf is to valueable for just turning into energy (the direct way) ^^

in general i mostly forgot these damn modules in my ideas and calculations so they flips sometimes the things to op. and i can't expect your endless ideas/trys to find strange solutions and builds and get out the last drop of energy :)

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Well, I wash all of my ores and I dig for dirt, which are also washed. So there's that. But it's probably because of this.

I thought it was 10 mudballs for one infused, so I built my factories for that. Since it's 10 for 10, I'm getting 10 times more infused mud than I thought. So there's that.

Solar-panels are OP in that they generate power from nothing, but you also have to pave the whole planet with them to get significant power.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Well it does say 1:1 on the mud infusion recipe :P

I rarely infuse mud. If I do, it is to generate energy to infuse unicomp or use it to power the sector making instable quantrinum.

Solar is cheating :P And they are ass ugly stain on the map.

CharitableClas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CharitableClas »

I updated and it worked great now thanks for that also the trains are cute and all but I would love to use them more if you had each type of cargo wagon filter for that type like the copper covered wagon only accepted copper ore or plates then it would make the smaller cargo size more worth while also some more Cimota Reconstructor recipes would be nice like one to change water to the purple stuff ( i just call it that because its easier to know what purple stuff is than to try to remember the name of it when playing with biters attacking) and vice versa also to get lube and things like that would be nice too especially for late game when you run out of oil spots on the map lol

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

CharitableClas wrote:I updated and it worked great now thanks for that also the trains are cute and all but I would love to use them more if you had each type of cargo wagon filter for that type like the copper covered wagon only accepted copper ore or plates then it would make the smaller cargo size more worth while also some more Cimota Reconstructor recipes would be nice like one to change water to the purple stuff ( i just call it that because its easier to know what purple stuff is than to try to remember the name of it when playing with biters attacking) and vice versa also to get lube and things like that would be nice too especially for late game when you run out of oil spots on the map lol
You can filter them to accept only what you want. That option is still there. Why would you need to change water into anything or vice versa? You can generate water infinitely anywhere using any of the 3 water pumps. There's one that accept solid fuel (coal and stuff). There's one that accept electricity. And there's one that accept mechanical power. They're found in the YI-Liquid tab. You can't change unicomps (purple stuff) into lube, but you can change unicomps into oil and then process it normally. Unicomps can only be changed into 'raw' resource, with the exception of plastic. There are also other complicated ways to get oil, and other vanilla liquids, in the YI-Liquid tab. Everything that you want is already in the game/mod.

CharitableClas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CharitableClas »

MantisShrimp reason I was asking is because it would have been cool to have a map where you needed to find a way to make water for further outpost bases and for like a scenario where the map is all desert and there is no water either way it would have been cool to have that certain recipe just for scenarios either way is fine

Its a good mod and the PFW is a little OP with the Minigun :D until you get to the behemoth Biters and spitters

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

There is a finite water mod. Use that if you are hankering for less water.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

rockets trade
Not sure how the other PFW trades are since I haven't made and trade all of them, but the Rockets for UC gives you Fifty Grey's instead. Looks like the description matches the Fifty Grey's but the name of the recipe implies unicomps.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:
rockets trade
Not sure how the other PFW trades are since I haven't made and trade all of them, but the Rockets for UC gives you Fifty Grey's instead. Looks like the description matches the Fifty Grey's but the name of the recipe implies unicomps.
thats of course wrong ... the whole pfw-addon needs a deeper look and some tweaks. but for the near future yi_engines has priority.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

New Yuoki-Industries 0.2.36 version has only a few changes, but maybe worth it to download for you.

Mod-Release (fa-0.12.0+) - stable: Yuoki Industries 0.2.36 ~ 23.5 MB - 02.Oct.2015 - 14:42 (CET)
a quick overview gives this video: -> Youtube

New:
- Flux Compensator for Energy-Transfer-Limits (5 MW) (entity)(energy-tab)
- Flow-Trigger 10 (entity)(fluids-tab) - you can wire this to lamps, so it can indicate pipe full, empty or flow - i think better as use a complete tank to detect flow. no direction restricted, connects all 4 sides - oh i forgot - of course you can also switch a pump on or off
- Gauge (item)(fluids-tab) - part to integrate in future-recipes and change older

Changes
- in Accumulator-Recipes Copper-Plates -> Pure Copper
- UPS-Flywheel recipe changed
- module positive values tweaked

SvenDee
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SvenDee »

got an error at the startup of factorio:

Sprite outside of "_Yuoki_/graphics/gfx/bcd-idle-e.png" (at line 7,1, size 153x139 of 140x122).
maybe you need more informations but i dont know which kind of info.

at my dads PC all is fine, no error. he is running win10, im still on win7
Can someone help me? Maybe a graphic card problem or something like that?

Return to “Yuoki Industries”