Battery system

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

monty
Inserter
Inserter

Battery system

Post by monty »

The battery has been always kept in the dark corner of the factorio , even though it could take a more central role in both the power production and the defense system.

Although they find some use in the suits, other than that they really dont have any use. The additin of battery in this mod came with a fuel value, which made me think if it could be used ,but not consumed in production of power.

If we could discharge the battery, rather than burning them, that could be used as a new type of fuel and could lead to the development of electro-chemical power production cycles like MSD and electrolysis plants.

The idea was to have a recipe that takes charged battery and provide discharged batteries as output and provides power along the way. It could be used as a good way to power a remote base. And since its already stored in electric form, the output from these batteries could be made insanely high.
And about the assemble machine, Maybe overlapping with something like an accumulator that stores charge could help , getting charged based on the fuel type.

The good part is that it could also be used to heat fluids or provide mechanical force from it, other than being a good way of storing power.

i know that its an idea in rough, but maybe its workable and if things workout, it could make the game that much more fun.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Battery system

Post by YuokiTani »

This is how the infused UC works was intended, the infused power equals the power you can get back. But the current energy-system make batterys useless in a normal system. it's easier to use steam-engines as backup, because the energy-sytem takes only what it needs. you can't waste or loose energy. in one of my worlds i have a big accumulator-storeage and fill this with steam-power+solar-power ^^ ... but if i install the needed steam-power it is useless. also removed factorio some of the enery-handling things related to accumulators - and make these as modding targets useless.

so if you want, you can store your energy in infused mud, uc-a2, MF or raw in accumulators.

boilers support only burning items, and a assembly can't run with negative power - so it will need code tricks to make a real battery-system. and then come some modules in play which makes the whole balance useless, because beacons apply allways effect, even if you not allow to assemblys.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”