Yuoki Modification: Mixed Fuel from Solid Fuel

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Dragonchampion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Yuoki Modification: Mixed Fuel from Solid Fuel

Post by Dragonchampion »

Hello, everyone! So one thing I never understood is why there were two different types of fuel from the same block )coal to coal stacks, AND mixed fuel) when there was easily a third fuel source to use that actually make sense too. Not to mention the fact that I think the Mixed-fuel is woefully underpowered as it is right now.

So, because of this, I made a bit of a mod. I enhanced the Mixed-fuel block to require 2 Solid Fuel from original factorio, and some crushed green dust, and enhanced the base Mixed fuel block to 60 MJ, and the advanced one to 150 MJ, half of the Alien Fuel Cell. I think this makes it balanced, as of course the Alien Fuel Cell is worth 300 MJ with much less research.

I would love to upload it as a mod, but I'm honestly unsure how to do it without completely rereleasing Yuoki's base mod, which of course would be a major nono, I think. What should I do? How do I make an addon for Yuoki's mods? I also have several other ideas, but I'm very new with coding LUA, and am much better at having examples and hands on experience rather than reading tutorials online. I want to make tons more fuel types, refined and more, as the need for power in this mod is high, just the way I like it!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Modification: Mixed Fuel from Solid Fuel

Post by YuokiTani »

i appreciate your enthusiasm so i add some of my thoughts to this.

- if you make a addon to Yuoki-Industries you rely/depend on this, also if you like future changes or not (no changes fuel-related planed atm.)
- the difference is in the coal-consumption and of course a overflow in green dust per MJ
- make sure you don't destroy the balance - i throw fuel compatibility and comparable to other mods away. so it's measured against vanilla-values with a little plus.
- i think the easiest way to make a addon ist to look into the current yuoki-addons - the cleanest is YI-PFW (also extra-Tab).
- if you want a direct insert you need take a look into yuoki/prototypes/item-group/yuoki.lua - it contains all base tabs, and recipes-line - organisation

You can also post your ideas as suggestion or PM, so i can maybe integrate direct into Yuoki-Industries without Addon if you prefer this way.

Dragonchampion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Yuoki Modification: Mixed Fuel from Solid Fuel

Post by Dragonchampion »

YuokiTani wrote:i appreciate your enthusiasm so i add some of my thoughts to this.

- if you make a addon to Yuoki-Industries you rely/depend on this, also if you like future changes or not (no changes fuel-related planed atm.)
- the difference is in the coal-consumption and of course a overflow in green dust per MJ
- make sure you don't destroy the balance - i throw fuel compatibility and comparable to other mods away. so it's measured against vanilla-values with a little plus.
- i think the easiest way to make a addon ist to look into the current yuoki-addons - the cleanest is YI-PFW (also extra-Tab).
- if you want a direct insert you need take a look into yuoki/prototypes/item-group/yuoki.lua - it contains all base tabs, and recipes-line - organisation

You can also post your ideas as suggestion or PM, so i can maybe integrate direct into Yuoki-Industries without Addon if you prefer this way.
Of course! I agree with the thoughts about not using other mods as comparisons, you see. THis mod is the only one I have used since I started Factorio, and really it's what I prefer most of all. I compare to vanilla; Solid Fuel is worth 25 MJ each, so 2 solid fuel into mixed fuel means that it becomes 60 MJ, by taking the energy from green dust. And then using the green pellets, it upgrades to the next level, which is around double that, plus a bit more, aka 150 MJ. Since you need 3 green pellets to make 300 MJ, 1 green pellet added should give it the boost to make 2 solid fuel into 150 MJ, in my opinion.

As for my reliance on Yuoki, I do know of that. Since I use Yuoki most of all, I wouldn't mind the dependency at all. And of course, I will PM you some of my ideas; it'd be great to see more refinement for energy! I'll see about making a new addon. Just a simple one that will be "Yuoki Fuels" or something. Just a couple things to begin with. I am good with recoloring things, after all.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”